The big events have of course been the issuing of the redacted Muller report and Notre Dame. What is weird about the loss of Notre Dame are the proclamations that it is a sign from god, and what is weird about the report is not what happened in 2016, but the observation that so many are still willing to stand up, look the camera in the eye and spout complete and total fiction regarding the content. We all now have access and can see that the GOP claims regarding it are about as credible as the claim that the inauguration crowd was the largest ever.
It might appear that we live in an Orwellian universe, yet everybody genuinely interested in understanding what is actually true knows that such claims have no real credibility at all.
What happened during the last 7 days?
The Cult of Trump
Michele Bachmann: We Will ‘Never See a More Godly, Biblical President’ Than Trump
“In my lifetime I have never seen a more biblical president than I have seen in Donald Trump,” Bachmann said later in the program. “He is highly biblical and I would say to your listeners [that] we will, in all likelihood, never see a more godly, biblical president again in our lifetime.
(Indeed yes, there are many porn stars who can happily testify that Trump knew them in the Biblical sense of that word)
‘A Trump Rally Turned Revival’ At Trump’s DC Hotel
The event promised “comedy, music, awards, and speakers,” but quickly pivoted into a Christian revivalist worship service, with audience members stretching their arms upward and a speaker preaching while knelt over on the ground, crying about his love of Christ.
(That’s still a comedy event)
Mueller Madness: How Trump Is Like the Crucified Jesus, and Other Right-Wing Reactions to Russia Report
Mark Taylor: Reproductive Rights Activists Will Advocate the Killing of Pregnant Women
“I’ll tell you what else is probably going to be exposed and I’ll release it here for the first time,” he added. “Look for these guys—the extreme left, the extreme globalists—that when a woman gets pregnant, their goal will be to take the woman and the child.”
“It’s like taking two birds with one shot, almost,” Taylor said. “Look for that somewhere in the world, where these elites go, ‘When you get pregnant at this point, we’re going to take the mother and the child.’”
(Mark Taylor continues to maintain his 100% track record – he is 100% wrong 100% of the time. None of his “Prophecies” have ever been right)
So can he come out with an even dafter claim?
Of course he can …
Mark Taylor: Obama Will Claim Kenyan Citizenship to Keep From Being Tried for Treason
“This is huge,” he said. “Q has even said himself that he will claim Kenyan citizenship to keep from being charged for treason. Now, if he claims Kenyan citizenship, that means he was a false president, in which case every decision this man has made is now null and void, including the two Supreme Court justices.”
Yes, but can he even top that?
Yes, he can.
Mark Taylor: Those Who Object to Trump Executing His Political Opponents Are ‘Standing in the Way’ of God’s Will
Some are terrified of Pete Buttigieg
- Christian College President Everett Piper Slams Pete Buttigieg’s Faith and ‘Proclivities’…the Washington Times published a commentary by right-wing university president Everett Piper under the headline, “Pete Buttigieg doesn’t get to make up his own Christianity.”…(Hey Everett, it’s all made up, Pete’s just happens to be tolerant and inclusive)
- Randall Terry is hiting the road to confront Pete Buttigieg because …“he is a baby-killing politician, who is recruiting young people into homosexual bondage by his example, and trying to normalize what is an intrinsically evil behavior.” … (When it comes to the claim regarding “homosexual bondage” there is no evidence that he is into BSDM)
- Josh Bernstein and Bill Deagle insist that Pete Buttigieg wouldn’t be America’s first gay president because we already elected Barack Obama and his “tranny wife.” … (Guess which party this guy supports)
- E.W. Jackson: Pete Buttigieg Wants to Turn America Into a ‘Homocracy’
- Peter LaBarbera Warns That Anti-Gay Christians Will ‘Be Hated’ If Pete Buttigieg Becomes President
- Franklin Graham Cites Death-to-Gays Bible Verse in Post About Pete Buttigieg
(I’m simply overwhelmed by all this Christian “love” and “compassion”)
That daft Vaccine claim is still popping up
- Gordon Klingenschmitt is promoting the false claim that vaccines contain “matter from aborted fetuses.”
- Rick Joyner is positive that the fire at Notre Dame cathedral carries prophetic significance, but he has no idea what it is.
- Ben Shapiro is trying incredibly hard to make the case that the Notre Dame fire should be interpreted symbolically.
- Lance Wallnau thinks that the fire at Notre Dame cathedral is a sign that “Christianity is under attack in the United States and Europe.”
- Amanda Shiflett believes that the Holy Spirit told her that the fire was a warning to Catholics from God to stop “idolizing Mary.”
- Chris McDonald “guarantees” that the fire was an act of Islamic terrorism.
- Julio Severo weighs in on the fire at Notre Dame: “From a spiritual perspective, a place of idolatry was destroyed. And the destructive fire not only destroyed the idols of Mary and other men and women. It destroyed also Gargoyles — statues of demons.”
- A Bunch of Gullible Christians Claim Jesus Appeared in the Notre Dame Fire
There are also the usual Wankers whipping up fear
- Rick Wiles predicts that, because of Jewish pressure, the New Testament will be outlawed in America within the next 10 years.
- E.W. Jackson says that Rep. Ilhan Omar is “just one step from being a terrorist.”
- Eugene Delgaudio claims that Pete Buttigieg “is targeting moral people in a more hateful manner and that’s a presidential candidate hate crime.”
A Stream of pure Crazy
This is all from the last week …
- Students Physically Abuse Pastor, At His Request, As Part of Weird Jesus Lesson
- Donor Tells Parents of Toddler With Cancer: I Won’t Give Because You’re Lesbians
- Terry Gou: I’m Running for President of Taiwan Because a Sea Goddess Told Me To
- GOP Lawmaker: Abortion Bans Are Useful Since Women Aren’t “Having Enough Babies”
- No Sexbots Allowed, Say Evangelicals in Statement on Artificial Intelligence
- “Good Christian” Parents Get Life in Prison for Torturing Their 12 Kids
- Several Filipino Catholics Nailed Themselves to Crosses for Good Friday
- This Christian Megachurch Pastor Was Sentenced to Prison for Drug Trafficking
In the end the best argument being made against Christianity turns out to be Christians.
Well OK, for completeness, let me say that there are many fine decent people who strive to be tolerant and compassionate, and also happen to believe. What appears to turn it all sour is the blending of belief with right-wing politics.