A rather consistent wingnut strategy is not to make a compelling argument, but to instead falsely brand your opponents as literally evil incarnate. This quite literal demonisation is very blatant emotional manipulation that is designed to provoke an emotional response within their base that overrides any possibility of analytical thinking.
We see labels such as “demonic” and “evil” commonly applied to critics and opponents in a political context (see below). The actual “crimes” that many of these “evil” and “demonic” opponents are actually guilty of is open fact-based criticism of the lunacy and a desire to improve the lives of countless numbers with decent healthcare and education (Oh the evil … shudders).
We might be tempted to think this is new, but it is not. It is an old card being played. The word is Untermensch. It is quite literally a Nazi propaganda tool that involves labelling others as sub-human and inferior.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
Here for your enjoyment is this week’s selection of wingnut gems. It has all been mined from the stream of befuddled right-wing / religious proclamations …
The Cult of Trump ..
- Paula White Thinks Abandoning Trump Would Reflect Poorly on Her Own Character … “she said that she continues to stand by Trump despite his pathological lying, misogyny, and complete lack of morals because abandoning him would reflect poorly on her own character.“
- That’s not exactly how that works.
- Mike Bickle says that opposition to President Donald Trump is really … “a demonic attack coming against the Word of God.”
- Yes, he really is claiming that Trump is the Word of God incarnate.
- Augusto Perez: If You Oppose Trump, You Need Fasting and Prayer ‘Because Something Is Wrong in You’
- If you support Trump, then there really is something wrong with you.
- Sheila Zilinsky unleashed a whopper of a prayer against those who oppose President Donald Trump.
- Johnny Enlow: God Is Using Trump to Separate History into Before Trump and After Trump Eras
- Christian Radio Host Prays to Defend Trump from “Hoodoo, Hooloo, Joodoo”
- Is there a translator in the house who speaks gibberish?
- Dave Daubenmire declares that Christian men are the most discriminated-against people in America.
- Joe Hoft calls for Democrats to be hanged for attempting to impeach Trump: … “This is another Democrat attempt to remove a President through any means necessary. It is seditious and treasonous. The Democrats in the 1860’s that were in on the Lincoln assassination were killed in their escape or hanged high. We are entering a new phase when it’s time to hold all seditious and treasonous Democrats who actively act to remove President Trump from office to the same fate!”
- Chris McDonald: ‘If They Committed Treason, They Need to Swing From Nooses’
Homophobia on Steroids …
- E.W. Jackson Opposes Trump Judicial Nominee Because Gay People Cannot Be Fair and Objective
- Mychal Massie vows that he will … “never bow before the altar of Baal. It is time we stand up to the alphabet homosexual offal cabals that think they can force and bully their chosen sexual perversions to be accepted as normal. Their arguments for invasion into every facet of culture are not persuasive; they are an insult to sanity.”
- TruNews continues to rant about the supposed “Jew coup” that is allegedly working to topple Trump.
- Rick Wiles Says He’s Stockpiling Ammunition to Prepare for a ‘Violent Civil War’ Between ‘Pagan Left’ and ‘Religious Right’ … “End Times broadcaster, rabid anti-Semite, and radical right-wing conspiracy theorist Rick Wiles kicked off his “TruNews” broadcast last night by announcing that he has begun stockpiling ammunition in response to yesterday’s announcement by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that the House would begin drafting articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.“
The Pete Buttigieg fan club
- Cliff Kincaid warns that if Pete Buttigieg becomes president, … “parents will go to jail for refusing to have their children injected with an HIV/AIDS vaccine.”
- Dave Daubenmire: Allowing Pete Buttigieg to Become President ‘Is Beyond Wicked’
The “I’m not convinced that’s a great comparison” category …
- Roy Moore Compares Himself to Brett Kavanaugh and Clarence Thomas
- It will be no surprise to learn that the state of Moore’s rebooted campaign effort can best be described as abysmal
Highlight of the week
This InfoWars insider confession has turned up …
- Former Infowars Employee: ‘We Made It Up’ ….”The information did not meet our expectations, so we made it up, preying on the vulnerable and feeding the prejudices and fears of Jones’s audience. We ignored certain facts, fabricated others and took situations out of context to fit our narrative“
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- NY Legislators Propose Bill Penalizing Doctors Who Perform “Virginity Checks”
- This item makes the list, not because of the proposed law, but because it was necessary to actually make such a law.
- PA House Passes Bill That May Require Death Certificates for Fertilized Eggs
- From the “yes they really are that stupid” category we get this one.
- Irresponsible Sex Ed Curriculum Is Being Taught in Texas School Districts
- A Literal Nazi Will, Again, Run for Congress as a Republican from Illinois
- TV Youth Pastor Admits to 28 Counts of Sex Abuse Against Six Different Kids
- Scottsdale (AZ) Officials Want $130,000 More to Fight Satanists Over Invocations
- The “Satanists” are actually secularists who are fighting a church-state separation issue by insisting Satanists should also be entitled to do invocations.
- Prison Chaplain Pleads Guilty to Sexually Abusing Incarcerated Women
- GOP Gov. Bill Lee: If Enough People Pray for It, God Will Reward Tennessee
- Trump: I “Don’t Believe” Nancy Pelosi When She Says She’s Praying for Me
- I do.
- Bible College Leader Charged with Sexual Assault of Male Student During Flight
And in the good news section we have …
- New Laws Favoring Sex Abuse Victims May Cost the Catholic Church Over $4 Billion
- This Video Explains Why Hundreds of Atheists Walked Away from Religion
To finish, here are some items related to the season …
- Once Again, Satanic Temple “Snaketivity” Goes Up in Illinois State Capitol
- Take that, Baby Jesus.
- Warren (MI) is Home, Once Again, to a Sign Reading “Keep Saturn in Saturnalia”
- “There Are No Gods” Sign Goes Up in IL Capitol Building for 11th Straight Year
- Winter Solstice is the real reason for the season.
- Atheists Won Seven of the Eight Holiday Display Slots in the Iowa Capitol
Finally, this Newspaper Typo accidentally announced that you could have pictures with Satan …
…and that inspired this guy dressing up as “Satan” and Showing Up at a Christmas Parade to deliver what was promised …