When it comes to the weekly dose of weird religious news, there is one common thread that consistently persists – the right-wing Religious are consistently looking you in the eye as they rather blatantly lie and promote it all as “Truth”.
This is not specifically a religious thing, but rather is more of an extreme right-wing practise, one that has been successfully deployed and utilised by their new messiah, God’s supposedly chosen man … Trump.
- Popularity of these claims – High
- Quantity of evidence that verifies any of this – Exactly zero.
- Entertainment value – Lots.
What Happened during the past week?
Kavanaugh is still rattling some cages of the mind …
Midterms 1… a vote for Dems is apparently a vote for Satan …
- Midterms About Saving Religious Freedom, Keeping Government Out of Satan’s Hands, Says Rep. Mike Bost
- Terri Pearsons: Christians Must Vote to Put Congress ‘Into An Agreement With the Man that God Has Clearly Put His Hand On’
- Kat Kerr: ‘God is Going to Vote Republican’
- American Pastors Network Promotes Day of Prayer for Midterms, Urges Vote for ‘Biblical Principles’ – (that would be a vote for Pro-slavery and a host of concubines for even man then)
Midterms 2… drumming up fear to manipulate the gullible into voting correctly …
The religious right are doing what the religious right always do .. rolling back tolerance and decency …
Claim: Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi was really a secret Islamic Terrorist … or in the pay off Soros …
- Lance Wallnau Says Jamal Khashoggi Might ‘Be A Real Bad Actor’
- Dave Janda Claims Jamal Khashoggi ‘Was on the Payroll of Soros’
The Migrant caravan is spawning lots of new conspiracy weirdness. Their favourite whipping post is of course George Soros ..
- Pat Robertson: The Justice Department Must Investigate George Soros for Orchestrating the Migrant Caravan
- Rick Wiles: George Soros Is ‘An Enemy of the State’ Who ‘Should Be Arrested [and] His Wealth Should be Seized’
- Michele Bachmann: ‘Over 80 Percent’ of Caravan Migrants are ‘Gang-Aged Males’ with Ties to MS-13
A well-known pastor wants to murder a supreme court justice …
Pipe-Bombs and right-wing religious rhetoric …
- Lance Wallnau has some thoughts on the bombs that have been sent to various Democratic leaders and members of the media in recent days: “I’m telling you, I think it’s ALL a set up. It’s not the Trump base behind these bombs …
- (Actually … yes it is, the bomber is a guy who has been quite literally radicalised by the President of the United States)
- Randall Terry likewise has some thoughts about the targets of these mailings: “They are evildoers. They are a threat to human life, Truth, and Justice. They are self-conscious enemies.
- (Yes indeed, this is quite literally blame the victims and implicit justification for political terrorism)
- Rick Wiles Attacks Ben Shapiro for Rejecting False Flag Theories, Being Jewish: ‘Has a Spirit of Antichrist’
- (While Ben Shapiro might be a conservative, it sounds like he is not an extreme-right lunatic willing to jump on every crackpot idea that drops out of the far-right ass)
Meanwhile the Evangelicals continue to bow down and worship Trump …
- Trump ‘Most Consequential’ President Since Lincoln, Says Robert Jeffress
- (I suspect Mr Jeffress will find that his tongue takes on a rather unsightly orange hue if he continues licking Trumps arse).
- Jim Bakker: Our Prayers Are the Only Thing Keeping Trump from Being Assassinated
- (Number of attempted or even threatened political assassinations by the left wing during the past week – ZERO)
- (Number of actual attempts at political assassination by a Trump base supporter during the past week – 12)
Finally … the “This vegetable is proof of god” guy is back. Previously he offered us things like broccoli, celery and grapes. Clearly he had to skip bananas because they had already been claimed. He has been back to his fridge and returned this past week with yet more “evidence” …
- Creationist Kent Hovind Now Says Lettuce is Proof That Evolution is False
OK, one more item. Just to prove that the US has no monopoly on nutters, we have this …
- Malaysian Official: Tsunami Was “Punishment of Allah” for Gay Activity