When it comes to the concept of weird religious news, then perhaps nothing really tops the ongoing support that the religious right continue to grant to the incompetent buffoon and self-confessed sexual predator who currently sits in the Oval Office. This is supposedly because St Trump is, in their eyes, God’s anointed and specially chosen.
The big news this week is the accusation of attempted rape levelled against Brett Kavanaugh, and so the irony of a sexual predator attempting to appoint a sexual predator to the supreme court is not lost on some of us. Does the accusation deter the religious right in any way? Not at all, they are totally not bothered by it.
They strive to blame the victim in order to exonerate the accused.
What Happened during the Past seven days?
As mentioned above, the idea that Brett Kavanaugh is God’s anointed, is motivating the religious to support him and attack his victim …
- Mark Taylor: Christine Blasey Ford ‘Had Better Repent’ For Attacking ‘God’s Anointed,’ Brett Kavanaugh
- The victim said Brett Kavanaugh “clapped his hand over her mouth to silence her.” Christian evangelist Franklin Graham calls that respect…. “She Said No and He Respected It”
- Focus on the Family Urges Support for Brett Kavanaugh Despite Assault Claims
- Bryan Fischer: Brett Kavanaugh’s Accuser Fails the Biblical “Two Witness” Test
- Dennis Prager: Brett Kavanaugh’s Accuser is Undermining Our “Moral Principles”
When it comes to the upcoming vote in Nov, the weird guidance is that your best option is to vote for St Trump, because he is a dangerously unhinged nut …
- Michael Brown: If Trump Is Dangerously Unhinged, You Must Vote Republican
- ‘Thanks To The Lord And Donald Trump’: Paula White Uses Kenneth Copeland Church To Rally Support For Trump
- Michele Bachmann: ‘We Are Living In An Unparalleled Golden Time’ Under Trump
There was a claim earlier on in the week that Hurricane Florence would be a blessing from God …
The constant swirl of conspiracies continues ….
- Mark Taylor: John McCain Was Executed By A Military Tribunal
- so-called “firefighter prophet” Mark Taylor says that QAnon is legit because Q’s predictions match up with the prophecies that he has been receiving from God.
The Weather Control lady keeps trying …
- “Weather Warrior” Kat Kerr attempted to “take authority” over Typhoon Mangkhut without much success.
Bizarre claims …
- Mary Colbert Recounts How God Used a Literal Horse Race to Confirm that Trump Would Become President
Some are so right-wing that they make others on the right look quite left-wing in comparison …
You better turn off your irony meter before reading this, because if you don’t it will break …
Meanwhile in some Catholic news …
- Sistine Chapel’s Choir Accused of Embezzlement, Fraud, and Money Laundering
- New Jersey Priest Abuse Hotline Gets So Many Calls That People Can’t Get Through
- 20 of 39 Dutch Catholic Church Leaders Were Involved in Sex Abuse or Cover-up
- Priest on Fox News: Baby Died in Storm Because of God’s “Purpose”
- Priest Who Thinks Gay People Should Be Put to Death Burns a Rainbow Flag
… and some good Catholic related news as well …
- Survey Finds Pope Francis’ Popularity Plunging After Most Recent Abuse Scandals
- 4 Child Sex Abuse Victims Receive $27.5M in Settlement with NY Catholic Diocese
I do feel obliged to add one final note of caution, and to make this a permanent fixture on these weekly postings.
Most humans are religious to some degree, it is part of our cultural inheritance. The majority also know that most of it is simply metaphor, ritual, and myth that binds us together. This posting is not about the vast majority who are generally quite reasonable and decent. Instead it is focused on those that take religious belief way too seriously and sail off over the horizon leaving reality far behind.
Democrat vs Republican is not a belief vs non-belief thing. Most democrats are probably religious to some degree. Where the religious right-wing have gone completely off the rails is that they are attempting to impose their beliefs upon everybody by force. Part of the process in doing that basically involves throwing their values under the bus.