Do I really care about weird religious news? I really don’t mind what people believe or how they practise their belief. What I do strongly object to is the attempt to impose religiously inspired policies and beliefs by force on everybody else.
For example, if you believe gay marriage is wrong, then don’t marry somebody of the same gender. When you then insist that everybody must conform to your belief, then the problem is you. Gay rights are humans rights and human rights are gay rights.
As another example, you might believe that women are inferior, should remain silent, be subservient to men and obey. If you are a women and truly believe this, then best of luck to you with that. If however you are instead a man telling women this, then the problem is not the women, its you. Women’s rights are human rights and human rights and women’s rights.
Bad ideas flourish when they are given a free pass and left unchallenged. There are far better ideas; we really have moved on beyond much of this.
Many who believe, perhaps most, are just as appalled as those that do not believe by much that bubbles to the surface. This posting is not about belief vs non-belief, but instead throws a spotlight upon the utter lunacy that has popped up during the past seven days. Most who do hold a belief would perhaps read what is below and advise “that’s not us, that is not what I believe“.
I believe you.
Sadly there are also people who do buy into this stuff in a big way, and truly do believe it.
What happened during the past seven days?
Trump is still apparently the new Messiah …
- Leigh Valentine: If You Don’t Like That God Is Using Trump To Save America Then ‘Just Get Out’
- David Lane declares that “Christians must now make the fullest possible use of all means at our disposal to dislodge Secularism from the public square and the culture if America is to survive. This spiritual war calls for persistent vigilance together with action. Currently, Donald Trump looks to be our best ally.”
- Sam Rohrer: ‘We Want People In Office Who Think Like God Thinks’
- Robert Jeffress: Americans Should ‘Thank God Every Day’ For Trump
- Intercessors For America Backs Trump Lies On Family Separation Just As He Reverses Himself With Executive Order
- Christian TV Host: Trump is God’s “Instrument” and His Critics Can “Get Out”
- Evangelical Pastor Falsely Claims Donald Trump’s Child Camps Are “All a Big Lie”
“Immigrants are evil God-haters” … says a guy who is descended from immigrants …
In fact, the Topic of Immigrants popped up quite a bit …
- Dave Hodges: Facilities Housing Separated Immigrant Children Are Either Test FEMA Camps Or Child Sex-Trafficking Operations
- Dave Daubenmire Melts Down Over Criticism Of Trump’s Family Separation Policy
- Kevin Swanson: Outrage Over Family Separation Is Like Getting Upset That ‘Somebody Is Breaking Into The Crack House’
Anybody and everybody who is not exactly them is apparently pure evil incarnate …
Right Wing legislators jumped into bed with Evangelicals …
Christian Love, in the sense of loving to hate, continues to prevail …
- Chuck Pierce Dreams Of Overturning A Boat Full Of Homosexuals
- Tom Parker Will Use The Alabama Supreme Court To Funnel Cases To SCOTUS Aimed At Outlawing Abortion And Marriage Equality
God loves everybody … except George Soros, the SPLC, and Sarah Silverman, and … well anybody really.
- Dave Daubenmire is positive that God “doesn’t love George Soros.”
- Dozens of radical Religious Right activists are demanding that media and other outlets stop citing the Southern Poverty Law Center: “We call on government agencies, journalists, corporations, social media providers and web platforms (i.e., Google, Twitter, YouTube and Amazon) that have relied upon this discredited organization to dissociate themselves from the Southern Poverty Law Center and its ongoing effort to defame and vilify mainstream conservative organizations.”
- Baptist Pastor: Sarah Silverman Is a “God-Hating Whore” Who Must Die
- Baptist Pastor: Atheists Are Reprobates Who Deserve Death (But Not Our Sympathy)
Inevitably, weird conspiracy theories keep playing whack-a-mole with us …
- Liz Crokin: Kate Spade Was Killed To Keep Her From Ratting Out The Clintons
- Christian “Prophetess”: Jesus Lives in a Mansion and Loves Dancing and Desserts
- Christian Broadcaster: The Blood of Aborted Fetuses is in Our Drinking Water
… and of course the con men are out and about as usual …
- Jim Bakker: Buy My Silver Gel Because It Will Cure “All Venereal Diseases”
There really are better things for Christians to be offended by
This chart by Crispian sums up the utter lunacy of the stance many Christians are taking. It blows the claim that they have the high moral ground right out of the water and reveals that there really is a far better way to live.
Better Things for Christians to be Offended By. https://t.co/2VVVHqCdcL pic.twitter.com/3ECN3zNafS
— Crispian Jago #FBPE (@Crispian_Jago) June 11, 2018