If you had the goal of simply making up some absurd claims for a collection of weekly weird religious news stories, then you would truly struggle. The actual reality of the behaviour and claims being uttered by the religious right-wing on a daily basis would offer some very stiff competition. Don’t take my word on this, just take a peek at some of the items from the past seven days.
It is of course true that everybody is “normal” … until you get to know them. There are however some who are truly gifted with the promotion of the bizarre, the absurd, and the utterly obnoxious.
What happened during the past 7 days?
St Trump still has a devoted following …
- Chris McDonald: Opposition To Trump Is Opposition To God Himself
- Right-wing pastor Mike Evans explains why the Religious Right will never abandon Trump … apparently Trump tells them the “Truth” ..
“Why do we support Donald Trump? Because America was on the Sodom road. We all saw the handwriting of God’s judgement coming like a freight train on America, but God chose the most unlikely person to make America great again, Donald Trump. What a shock to have a president tell us the truth and refuse to play the political game. Yes, Donald Trump, like all of us, is a sinner but we have no doubt that he has come to the Savior. And when Donald Trump says ‘Merry Christmas,’ it is because of his personal faith.”
The Kavanaugh circus is of course attracting attention …
- God Has Instructions On Round-The-Clock Prayers For Brett Kavanaugh, Says POTUS Shield Leader
- So-called “firefighter prophet” Mark Taylor says that the first day of Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing has shown that
“Jezebel is loosing [sic] control. In today’s hearings you saw her minions/demons manifesting for the entire world to see. Be prepared she’s been entrenched in the leaders pol/religious for many years. She’s not going to go quietly, but she will go.”
Number of miracle cures so far is exactly zero, but hey let’s claim some anyway …
- Right-wing pastor Rick Joyner says that God told him that his Morningstar Church will be “a cancer-free facility” and that anyone who comes there with will be miraculously healed.
Jim Bakker is still using fear to push his overpriced sloop upon his gullible followers…
- End Times prepper pastor Jim Bakker reports that the “the prophets” are warning that a massive calamity will take place before Christmas, so people had better buy buckets of his survival food.
Meanwhile pastors and priests continue to do what pastors and priests do …
- This Smiling Pastor Was Arrested for Sending Dick Pics to a Minor
- “BTK” Serial Killer—Christian and Former Church Leader—Blames Demon for Murders
There was also more about Catholic Abuse and the associated coverup …
- Catholic Priest Who Said Teen Boy “Seduced” Him Convicted of Sexual Assault
- Catholic School Leader Resigns After Decades of Mishandling Sexual Abuse Reports
- Pope Francis Recommends “Silence” to Deal With Child Sex Abuse Cover-Up Claims
- Refusal to Conduct Sex Abuse Audits Backfires on Catholic Diocese in Nebraska
… ands some good news on this also popped up …