Pro-Trump US Senate Candidate Pastor Jackson Lahmeyer posted up a list of things on Jan 13, 2022 that he is claiming are true, but are also politically incorrect.
Here is his list …
If you are able to think rationally and critically then you will most probably be capable of working out that in one sense they are all trivially true.
Like this …
- Jesus Is King …. of the local Taco truck business
- Trump Won … the biggest election loss ever
- Fauci Is A Mass-Murderer … of trillions and trillions of viruses
- BLM Is A Domestic Terrorist Org … according to actual terrorists
- Ivermectin Works … on horses as a deworming drug
That’s not what he means of course.
I’m not convinced that he actually sincerely believes it all.
As a pastor, he might of course be religious, but these days you really can’t tell because for many that vocation is simply a means to make lots of money and avoid paying tax. When in church and he sings about Jesus being King, then he just might, or might not, believe that to be true.
As a side note, the concept comes about via the common use of the term “the kingdom of God” within the gospels. Jesus never actually claimed to be a king, it is simply an interpretation of the text.
My primary point is this. None of what he claims is actually true in any meaningful sense.
What is going on here?
As a political candidate who is standing for election, these are all dog whistles designed to inspire specific demographics to vote for him.
In other words, he has gone full trump and simply tosses out stuff that pushes emotional buttons. This is designed to garner support, it is political theatre.
He is going for the religious vote, the MAGA vote, and also the anti-vax vote. Oh, and let’s not forget his BLM quip, so he is also after the racist vote as well.
Who is Jackson Lahmeyer?
He is a guy who is a Pastor and also runs several small businesses. He has been endorsed by … insert drum roll here …Michael Flynn.
To put that another way, he is the clown candidate.
That’s not a political statement but instead is very solidly grounded in reality.
Here is a little list that illustrates his stance over the last few months.
He really hates Fauci …
- Jan 3, 2022: promises that if he’s elected to the U.S. Senate, he’s going to do everything in his power to ensure that Dr. Anthony Fauci is fired, arrested, and convicted of crimes against humanity: “Fauci is one of the greatest mass murderers in human history.”
- declares that Dr. Anthony Fauci “needs to be fired, arrested, and convicted for crimes against humanity.” (That was a link to a YouTube clip of him saying this. It has now been removed)
- Nov 18, 2021: Says Anthony Fauci Is ‘A Mass-Murderer’ While Kyle Rittenhouse Is ‘An American Hero’
He really hates his GOP rival, Sen. James Lankford …
- Dec 15, 2021: thinks that his GOP opponent Sen. James Lankford has “voted with the communist Democrats 52 times” because “he has been compromised and is scared of what will come out.”
- Nov 17, 2021: followed through on his promise to make a video that would “cause a lot of liberal tears.” It was just a video of him burning some masks: “You can just feel the communism burning.”
- Aug 31, 2021: prays that that God will remove politicians who “do not submit to your authority” and replace them with “men and women who will obey your command,” which seems a bit self-serving given that he is currently trying to unseat Sen. James Lankford in Oklahoma’s GOP primary.
- July 16, 2021: accused his GOP rival, Sen. James Lankford, of “corruption” for taking Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine and then receiving a campaign contribution from the company shortly thereafter.
- sent a notarized affidavit to Sen. James Lankford, challenging him to a debate. Lankford rather sensibly declined.
Has said and done some really weird things …
- called for the IRS to be abolished
- Aug 7, 2021: guest-hosted programs on Alex Jones’ Infowars network
- Oct 12, 2021: showing upon the QAnon program “The SGT Report.” to try and unseat his GOP opponent
- Oct 7, 2021: declares that “it’s time to shout it in the halls of Congress that Jesus is king in America.”
Hates vaccines and public health policies…
- Sept 14, 2021: sold religious exemptions, telling anyone who doesn’t want to take a COVID-19 vaccine that if they donate to his church, they’ll be considered an “online member,” allowing him to sign an exemption form for them as their pastor.
- Aug 6, 2021: declares that his church will never obey “Luciferian” COVID-19 restrictions, warning the government, “You touch the church, you are a dead man walking.”
Hates BLM and so tosses out bizarre claims about them …
- Sep 6, 2021: declared that BLM is demonic: “The organization called Black Lives Matter is operating under the spirit of Jezebel. Did you know that organization was founded by witchcraft-practicing lesbians?”
Has secured some rather weird endorsements …
- Jul 19, 2021: secured the endorsement of radical Pastor Greg Locke
- Jul 14, 2021: revealed that he secured the endorsement of Michael Flynn after he appeared on “Steel Truth,” a program hosted by QAnon conspiracy theorist Ann Vandersteel.
- Jun 8, 2021: “You are who you surround yourself with,” declared right-wing pastor Jackson Lahmeyer while proudly posting a photo of himself to Facebook with Michael Flynn and Mike Lindell as evidence of his qualifications to be a U.S. senator.
Very strongly promotes the big lie as truth …
- Apr, 2021: Lahmeyer has made attacking the legitimacy of the 2020 presidential election a centerpiece of his campaign, repeatedly vowing that if he is elected to Congress, he will make it his mission to hold those who supposedly stole the election from former President Donald Trump accountable for treason.
We really do get to see who he truly is by observing who he hangs out with …
- Apr 2021: Lahmeyer has been a regular participant at the “Restore America” rallies organized by right-wing conspiracy theorist Clay Clark, where he has been proudly posting photos of himself hanging out with the various election, COVID-19, and QAnon conspiracy theorist speakers at such events.
In other words, to mock him or criticize him, all I need to do is to simply cite what he says and does. No additional commentary is needed.
This guy is literally a satire of himself.
So will he be the candidate and actually win a seat in 2022?
In normal times we would not even be asking such a question, but given all the political dog whistles he is churning out, and the vast numbers of people whom that pushes buttons for, I honestly don’t know.
Remember, we now live in an age where Facebook has morphed into the Dunning-Kruger National Park.