When faced with the utterly bizarre weekly wingnut proclamations you would be strongly tempted to think that nobody would be stupid enough to actually believe this stuff. Then, to your complete astonishment, many of their accolades are quite happy to pop up and prove you quite wrong about that.
You have to wonder why it is like this?
The answer perhaps rests within human psychology. We tend to emotionally invest in ideas and beliefs. Once in, those that lean towards using emotions when making choices will often reject anything that conflicts. They naturally retreat to a position where the conflicting information is discarded as “wrong”. Meanwhile anything that appears to confirm that investment is embraced as “truth”. Neither facts nor reality play any part in the selection process.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
Here is this week’s selection of gems that has been mined from the stream of befuddled right-wing / religious proclamations …
The Cult of Trump …
- Michele Bachmann coos that … “we have not seen a president with greater moral clarity than this president.”
- Larry Tomczak asserts that the impeachment effort against President Donald Trump proves … “we are in perilous times of the Last Days.”
- Can I interpret that as “The last days” of this incompetent corrupt administration?
- Ralph Reed: Christians Deserve Persecution if They Fail to Reelect Trump in 2020
- Paula White Has New White House Job and New Book, Says God Used Her to Get Trump Elected
- Lance Wallnau believes that President Donald Trump .. “is a leader whose boldness we should copy.”
- Eric Metaxas says that Trump’s greatest virtue is his ability to withstand criticism and “rise above the childish voices.”
- Jerome Corsi is leading his own effort to build a wall on the southern border in order to help President Donald Trump fulfill his campaign promise.
- Ralph Reed declares that Trump was right to pull U.S. troops out of northern Syria, claiming that President Barack Obama was the one … “who betrayed the Kurds” while … “this president is one of the best friends that they’ve ever had.”
The Virginia election
- E.W. Jackson Says Virginia’s Election Represents ‘Life or Death’ for the Church
- So how is this claim working out now that we know the result?
- Like this. E.W. Jackson responds to the Democratic victories in Virginia’s election by declaring that … “they want a Godless, Marxist state which will limit free speech, take away the guns of law abiding citizens and kill babies, even if they are born alive. If they think we’re going to accept their evil totalitarian vision for Virginia, they better think again. For if God be for us, who can be against us?”
- Just how crazy is this guy? … very, he was also spouting this last week … E.W. Jackson Thinks George Soros Should Be Arrested for Treason and Sued for ‘Subverting the Sovereign Will of the American People’
- This guy was on the ballot … GOP Candidate for Virginia Senate: The Ten Commandments Will Stop Gun Violence
For the folks who don’t quite grasp how things work …
- Dave Daubenmire Believes He’s Entitled to a Jury Filled With Conservative Christians …“Most people I walk around with are not my peers. They’re not my peers, and for them to stand in judgment [of me] when they do not share my values and don’t understand the things of the spirit, for them to be able to do that [is unconstitutional].”
We got lots more Conspiracy claims …
From folks for whom reality is a wholly unfamiliar land …
- Mark Taylor claims that President Barack Obama removed the Bibles from every U.S. embassy and had them replaced with Korans.
- Cliff Kincaid doesn’t believe that Jeffrey Epstein killed himself and has a pretty good idea about who is really responsible for his death: the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Rick Wiles has figured out the identity of Anonymous, the administration insider who wrote a new book about President Donald Trump: Barack Hussein Obama.
- Dave Daubenmire claims that many women who have abortions are actually … “breeders” who are … “paid to get pregnant [and] abort the baby for satanic rituals.”
- Robert Knight asserts that billionaire philanthropist George Soros has been channeling donations into state attorney general races to make it easier for Democrats to commit voter fraud: … “I think this is all designed to ensure that when leftists steal votes and commit vote fraud, they’re not going to face any problems from prosecutors.”
- Actual evidence of any Democrat voter fraud – exactly zero.
- Actual evidence of Republican voter fraud – not zero.
The obsession over imaginary demons is as popular as ever …
- Paula White Battles Demonic Forces While Launching New Prayer Initiative to Reelect Trump
- Jennifer LeClaire recently had “a sudden and disturbing revelation” that demons want to kill Kanye West: … “I heard death threats in the spirit by well-organized henchmen who are outraged because they can no longer profit from his former idolatry and immorality.”
- Hank Kunneman Heard ‘Demonic Chatter’ Revealing Hell’s Plan to Impeach Trump
- Dave Daubenmire warns that if Trump fails to win reelection in 2020, the … “payback will be hell from the demons that occupy the swamp.”
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- Chick-fil-A Told Us to Buy a Sandwich Sunday, When They Were Closed to Honor God
- Catholic Hospital Sticks Mother of Premature Baby With $898,984 Medical Bill
- Franklin Graham: Christians Should Pray for Trump, Not Truth, During Impeachment
- Pat Robertson to Pregnant Woman: Give Baby Up for Adoption and Dump Boyfriend
- Catholic Church Investigating Nuns Who Got Pregnant on Missionary Trip
- Christian Pastor: Demons from Hell Are Trying to Take Down Donald Trump
- Florida Sex Offender Arrested After Using Popular Bible App to Contact Girls
- Jesse Lee Peterson to Neo-Nazis: Black People Lived Better Under Jim Crow Laws
Finally, it turns out that people are no longer buying a book that they were never going to read anyway …