This past week we very tragically reached 100,000 deaths. Each single one is somebody’s father, mother, cousin, brother or sister.
It need not have been like this, but because of the utter incompetence and inaction by the idiot-in-chief, it has happened.
Artist Steve Brodner suggested the following form of artistic protest …
The Washington Post then published the results – Cartoons are skewering Trump’s golfing against the backdrop of covid-19 deaths. You should check the results out, it sends a very powerful message. I’ve posted many of them at the bottom of this posting.
Let’s take a look at what else has been happening this past week amongst the wingnut community..
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
It is all very much everything you might expect and a lot more. Here are some of the highlights …
The Cult Of Trump
- Ralph Reed declares that evangelical support for Trump is “an expression of the Gospel” and an “elegant and tangible expression” of the Christian faith.
- It is actually confirmation that they are a bunch of immoral hypocrites who don’t really give a toss about the values they claim to promote
- Hank Kunneman Says Christians Cannot Allow the ‘Anti-Christ’ Party to Defeat Trump
- The GOP is quite literally the Anti-Christ party. Many quite seriously hail Trump as a messiah especially chosen by God.
- Stephen Strang declares that …“Trump is providing good leadership through this [COVID-19 pandemic], which is one more reason we must return him to office. I’ve written several books about Donald Trump because I believe we are at a critical juncture in the life of our country, and I believe God has raised up this incredible leader for such a time as this.”
- Apparently 100,000 dead is not a sufficient strong enough hint that he is backing the wrong candidate
- Curt Landry Says Satan Wants to Defeat Trump and Carry Out ‘Another Holocaust’
- The Holocaust was not a supernatural event. It is what happens when right-wing fanatics take their beliefs to the extreme.
Wingnut Coronavirus Claims – Utterly clueless and proud of that
- Josh Bernstein tells those who live in areas where masks are required as part of the effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 to take their masks off and “cut a hole in the middle of it.”
- Chris McDonald thinks that “the Founding Fathers would be dumping boxes of face masks in Boston Harbor by now.”
- DeAnna Lorraine says that President Donald Trump’s repeated assertions that MSNBC host Joe Scarborough had something to do with the 2001 death of a woman who worked in his congressional office must be true because … “we know that usually when Trump says something … it’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s typically true.”
- If Trump said it, then you can be more or less certain that it is grade-1 gold-plated industrial-strength BS
Way beyond just Bizarre
- Brenden Dilley Doesn’t ‘Give A F*ck About Being Factual’ …”MAGA “life coach” and right-wing broadcaster Brenden Dilley admitted during his program today that he doesn’t care about the truth of the things he says and that he has no problem “making shit up”
- Clearly he follows the Trump play book.
- I also have a prophecy – absolutely nothing will happen.
- This guy is very Victorian
- The delusion is strong in this one
- Try selling that to the relatives of the 100,000 that have died due to GOP incompetence
- Dave Daubenmire says that he is not going to rush to judgment regarding the death of George Floyd because … “Hillary Clinton is still walking around after being responsible for the deaths of at least four men in Benghazi.”
- Candace Owens Claims Minneapolis Protests Are ‘Media-Manufactured Race War’
- Yes, this is the same lady who earlier in the week made the baseless suggestion that protests in Minneapolis were being funded by billionaire progressive donor George Soros via his Open Society Foundation and for claiming that black people “jump up like a fucking trained chimpanzee” when they see stories of white police officers killing black people.
- Brenden Dilley, who openly brags that he makes “shit up all the time,” is reporting that the killing of Floyd and the resulting protests are all a deep state, false flag psy-op aimed at preventing President Donald Trump’s reelection.
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is good, some sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- One Youth Pastor After Another Sexually Abused Kids at This California Church
- CrossPoint Community Church in Modesto has been the site of multiple sexual abuse lawsuits.
- Catholic Bishop Slams “Fake Shepherds” Who Close Church Because of COVID-19
- This guy doesn’t care if Catholics get sick from the virus.
- ReOpen NC Activist Is “Willing to Kill People,” Because God Drew “a Plumb Line”
- So much for turning the other cheek.
- Christian Pastor: Let’s “Punish Anti-God Governors” Who Limit Church Gatherings
- Governors who care about public health are too blasphemous for preachers like Samuel Rodriguez.
- Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Had a Secret Daughter from an Affair in the 1970s
- The baby was born after Phil Robertson became a Christian. But the affair occurred before that, SO EVERYTHING IS FINE.
- Retired Preacher Drags Wooden Cross (With a Little Wheel) All Across America
Wingnut of the week – Trump Golfing
As promised above, here are some of the results from Steve Brodner’s artistic protest …