When faced with vast numbers of people embracing the blatantly false proclamations emanating from the wingnut brigade as “truth” you do naturally have to wonder why it is like this.
What is perhaps an insight to this are the scientific studies that confirm that when people are excluded, or feel out of control, then they grasp rhetoric and conspiracy claims that resonate with their feelings at an emotional level. It creates a sense of belonging, a way to gain the illusion of control, and makes them feel special and unique because they now have this supposed insight and are quite oblivious to reality of it not actually being true at all.
This is in so many ways akin to being dead. When you are dead, you don’t know that you are dead. The pain and trauma is felt by all those around the dead person. In a similar manner those ensnared by conspiracy/religious/political cults are oblivious to their plight. The pain and trauma is felt by the rest of us.
What new absurdities have been promoted this past week?
Let’s take a look so that we can laugh at it all.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
Here are some of the highlights this week…
The Cult Of Trump
- Family Research Council Wants Millions to Reelect Trump and Save America from a ‘Godless, Secularist, Leftist Future’ … “seeking $10.7 million for a get-out-the-vote plan in eight battleground states to stop “anti-biblical forces”
- Given the observation that the bible is pro-slavery and declares shellfish to be an abomination, almost every single citizen is in reality opposed to “biblical values”.
- Glenn Beck, who spent the entire 2016 election cycle warning that Donald Trump was a dangerous psychopath and that electing him would be “national suicide,” used his radio program last week to interview Donald Trump Jr. and tell him how “remarkable” his father is.
- Glenn is clearly another Trump cult convert.
- Jim Bakker Warns That ‘We’re Gonna Have a Revolution’ if Trump Is Not Reelected … “we’re gonna have a revolution” with right-wing Christians taking to the streets.
- Some guy from the middle east did once suggest “turning the other cheek?” .. he was clearly way too foreign for these “Christians” to pay any attention to.
- At RNC, Trump Portrayed as Savior of ‘Western Civilization’
- Given the observation that almost 50% of those speaking have the last name “Trump” and were promoting Trump worship, we are clearly well into North Korean personality-cult territory now.
- Lance Wallnau Claims ‘A High-Level Guy in Washington’ Was Personally Rebuked by God for Failing to Support Trump
- God just advised me that Lance is lying to you
- Kenneth Copeland Says Anyone Who Doesn’t Vote for Trump Is ‘Guilty of Murder’
- Remind me again how many have died on Trump’s watch.
- John Zmirak Says Voting for Biden Is a ‘Serious Sin’ Akin to Murder
- Yep, they are parroting each other.
Kamala’s fan club
- Patrick Wooden Declares That Kamala Harris Is ‘Trying to Turn America Into Sodom and Gomorrah’
- In his eyes the hideous “crime” she is guilty of was officiating a wedding of two people who deeply loved each other when she was California’s attorney general in 2013 … shudders, oh the horror.
- Josh Bernstein says that “Hillary Clinton is Mother Teresa compared to Headboard Heel’s Up Harris”: “If there is a Satan on Earth, it looks like Kamala Harris.”
- Does the claim that Hillary Clinton is akin to Mother Teresa mean that the multiple decades of hatred directed at her is over? … probably not.
- Josh Bernstein says that mask requirements and social distancing guidelines meant to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are part of a plot to depopulate the Earth.
- David Lane declares that … “grim challenges lie ahead as spiteful, irreverent blue-state governors, mayors and rabid prosecutors move from discrimination to persecution, pronouncing when, if and how churches can worship. American Christendom finds itself at the start of a fight for freedom that will decide control of the public square over the first half of the 21st century.”
- Jeremiah Johnson Says COVID-19 Is a ‘Demonic Attack’ to Prevent Baby Boomers From Reelecting Trump
- Jonathan Shuttlesworth announces that he will “totally sever all ties with any ministry” that supports Black Lives Matter.
- Sound good to me, they will be far better off without him. He is both obnoxious and toxic.
During last night’s Republican National Convention, speaker Natalie Harp claimed that if Hillary Clinton had been elected president, we’d all be living in a dismal country … “with no hope of escape except death itself.”
She responded …
Stuff that is so utterly bizarre it is self-parody …
- Lance Wallnau says that left-wing protesters are “blowing up buildings, attacking police, attacking the White House, [using] flamethrowers, explosives.”
- The ever so subtle flaw with his claim is the observation that none of it is actually true.
- Unable to obtain credentials from the official White House Correspondents’ Association, One America News’ Chanel Rion told QAnon conspiracy theorist Ann Vandersteel that she is launching her own competing “National White House Correspondents’ Association.”
- They don’t actually do news, just conspiracy theories and myth information.
- Liz Crokin proclaims that … “Q is literally the greatest story that’s ever been told. Not only is it the greatest story that has ever been told, but it unfolds in real time. That’s what’s so amazing about it.”
- Liz is a subject matter expert when it comes to being skilful at propagating and spreading batshit insanity
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land last week?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is good, some sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
Falwell gets his own special category this week …
- Pool Boy: Jerry Falwell, Jr. Watched Me Screw His Wife “Multiple Times Per Year”
- Jerry Falwell, Jr. said he “was not involved” in their “affair.”. That turns out to have been not exactly true.
- Jerry Falwell, Jr. Resigns from Liberty U. Following Pool Boy Sex Revelation
- This should have happened years ago.
- Liberty U. Seriously Asked Students What Class They’re Most Excited About…
- “Can I just sit in the corner and audit the class?”
- Jerry Falwell, Jr. Will Get a $10.5 Million Severance Package from Liberty U.
- That’ll pay for a lot of trips to the pool.
- Former Liberty Student Says Becki Falwell Seduced and Performed Oral Sex on Him
- “She was the aggressor,” said the former student, who struggled with his mental health after the incident.
- Focus on the Family’s Offices Are Now a “COVID-19 Outbreak” Site in Colorado
- Believing that you are an exception does not make it so.
More bizarre claims …
- RNC Speaker Abby Johnson Wants to Return to a Time When Women Couldn’t Vote
- She thinks husbands should vote on behalf of the entire household.
- Christian “Prophetess” Tries to “Take Authority” Over Hurricane Laura… Twice
- She does this for every storm that happens … and every time she fails.
The Catholic Church …
- Disgraced West Virginia Bishop Apologizes (Kinda) and Repays Diocese (Partially)
- This is a pathetic end to a disturbing situation.
- Kalamazoo Pastor and Wife Accused of Paying Kids for Sex and Illicit Pictures
- A Vancouver Man Stood Up to Anti-LGBTQ Street Preachers, So They Broke His Leg
Sometimes surprisingly good things do happen …
- Franklin Graham’s Niece Joins Lincoln Project to Help Defeat Trump
- If she discourages a small bloc of white evangelicals from voting for Trump, it’ll make a huge difference.
Bonus Item – Chadwick Boseman
Chadwick Boseman was a brilliant actor who had so many memorable performances. As a tribute to his skill here is a small sample from SNL back in 2018.
He was such a class act. Wakanda forever! Rest in power and Rest In Peace my friend.