When faced with the evangelical support that the pussy-grabber-in-chief garners, you just have to wonder what is going on. Is it a case of people holding their noses and giving their support to a truly odious and morally corrupt individual because he panders to their desire for power and keeps them warm by pushing their emotional buttons. Alternatively, is it simply all a facade, and Jesus is the socially acceptable front for their bigotry, racism, and intolerance. Perhaps they started out with a desire for integrity, decency and doing what is right, but the frog has been sitting in a pan of water that has been heating up so slowly that they have failed to detect the change.
Whatever it is, the flow of utterly absurd and bizarre claims continue to pour forth to anoint the elect with what can best be described as utter shit.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
Here for your enjoyment is this week’s selection of wingnut gems. It has all been mined from the stream of befuddled right-wing / religious proclamations …
The Cult of Trump ..
- Jeremiah Johnson: ‘The Future of America Belongs in the Hands of the Baby Boomers’ …”God has clearly spoken to me that the future of America belongs in the hands of the baby boomers,” Johnson said” “I believe in 2020, it’s time to help Donald Trump get reelected and finish the race,”
- Filed under “People who hear voices in their head”.
- Not His First Cover-Up: Trump Legal Team Lawyer Jay Sekulow …”As Right Wing Watch has documented, Sekulow has a long track record of promoting false right-wing claims and campaigns“
- I think I’m beginning to understand why he is leading the Trump legal team.
- Carl Gallups: Those Who Hate Trump Have a ‘Demonic Spirit in Them’ … “They have this spirit in them of hating all things biblical, all things godly, all things Jesus Christ, hating all things that are pure truth, hating all things that have any righteousness attached to them at all,”
- Reminder: This guy is defending Mr Grab-them-by-the-pussy who happily locks kids in cages
- Bryan Fischer explains what is behind the hatred of Trump: “Who hates the unborn, Christians, and Israel most of all? The Prince of Darkness. Ultimately hatred for our president comes from the same source.”
- Folks who believe their imaginary friend is real also appear to have an imaginary enemy that they believe is real.
- Jim Bakker wants to sell you a photo of Lindell with President Donald Trump that you can place prominently in your home as a daily reminder to pray for Trump’s reelection.
- This bargain can be yours for just $50 … yes just $50. It all goes to a good cause, the “help make Jim Bakker very rich” fund.
Alternative Facts are in full flight ..
- Josh Bernstein declares that the impeachment of President Donald Trump is “a presidential lynching” and “should be expunged from the historical record forever.”
- Kimberly Guilfoyle says that Trump’s impeachment is “an abuse of the constitution, a total misuse and an overreach by Congress to try to do this to the president.”
- Tom Fitton claims that the impeachment trial in the Senate “is about torturing the president and it’s not a legitimate constitutional process.”
- ‘Prophetess’ Asks God to Send ‘Warring Angels With Flaming Swords’ to Protect Trump From Impeachment …“We ask in the name of Jesus Christ, Father God, your army, your angelic army, your warring angels with flaming swords be dispatched, Father God, to shred, destroy, and put down every plot, scheme, contract, assignment, hex, vex, spell, and attempt of the enemy against the president, against those with him, against those praying for him, and against your people,”
- Flaming Swords are banned from the senate floor.
Folks with a persecution fixation ..
- Scott Lively says that over the last 30 years, he has been persecuted for standing up for the biblical worldview more than any other person in America.
- When you stand on the world stage screaming abuse and shoving your intolerance in everybody’s face then you don’t get a free pass.
- Liz Crokin has gone so far down the QAnon rabbit hole that she is now asserting that North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un is actually a good guy who has been freed from deep state control by Trump.
Barack Obama is the Antichrist …
- Right-wing author Michael Fortner has written a new book arguing that Barack Obama is the Antichrist: “He also makes a case for Obama being a secret Muslim and having already made a deal with Satan.”
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- A Pennsylvania Woman Drove Into an Oncoming Car in Order to “Test Her Faith”
- Christian Pastor Arrested After Threatening to Shoot Up Former Congregation
- Black Preacher: Mike Pence Is One of the “Most Persecuted Christians in America”
- Christian Pastor Charged With 115 Felony Sex Counts; One Victim Was Only 4
- Pastor Paula White Claims, Without Proof, That Prayer Reduced Crime After 9/11
- She’s lying. It’s what she does best.
- Christian Anti-Semite Rick Wiles: The “Antichrist Will Be Jewish”
- The New Orleans Saints Allegedly Helped the Catholic Church Cover Up Sex Abuse
- Church to Elderly Members: Get Out of Here So We Can Attract Younger People
Wingnut of the week – “satanic pregnancies”
Paula White takes authority over the marine kingdom, the animal kingdom, and all “satanic pregnancies” that seek to harm Trump or the church.
These “satanic pregnancies” have caused a bit of interest …