What exactly do the Wingnut brigade get upset about and rather vocal over?
This past week we have had these examples …
- A campaign to boycott CNN because CNN host Don Lemon claimed that Jesus Christ “was not perfect”
- The group One Million Moms (which is actually just one lady named Monica Cole) launched a petition because they are upset that the new Hamilton movie has the F word in it.
What is perhaps rather telling are the things they don’t get upset about at all …
- A rapidly rising body count; 135,000 and climbing, due to the utterly incompetent federal response and the belief within their own ranks that social distancing and masks are deeply offensive
- Systemic Racism
What exactly goes on inside your head when the F word in a movie or hearing somebody who does not believe what you believe triggers you … yet literally thousands of preventable deaths does not?
Let’s take a look at what has been happening this past week amongst the wingnut community so that we can laugh at the utter absurdity of it all.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
It is all very much everything you might expect and a lot more. Here are some of the highlights …
The Cult Of Trump
- Scott Lively and Richard May Want Trump to Charge Media Outlets With ‘Sedition’
- … because fact-based news critical of their beloved Trump Messiah needs to be gagged
- Trump’s Religious-Right Backers Get Millions in COVID-19 Relief
- He needs the votes, so plenty of bribes are now available.
- Mark Taylor claims that when President Donald Trump held up a Bible during a photo-op outside of St. John’s Episcopal Church last month, he was actually delivering a prophetic message.
- The message was “Look, I’m pandering to your beliefs, so vote for me“
- Ann Vandersteel says that … “we’re at the back of the Bible, and President Trump stands with God. Knowing how the story ends and that God wins, don’t you want to stand with President Trump?”
- This is not new. The belief that “now” is the end of days has been promoted for the last 2,000 years. Long after Trump is forgotten the “end-of-the-world-because -bible-says-so” claims will still persist.
- Pat Robertson predicts that the current “crime wave” will “turn the hearts of people” who dislike Trump and cause them to vote for him as the law and order candidate.
- Trump’s campaign manager is a felon. His deputy campaign manager is a felon. His national security advisor is a felon. His foreign policy advisor is a felon. His personal lawyer is a felon. His long time advisor is a felon. His campaign is quite literally a criminal enterprise.
- Dave Rubin Says He’s Voting Trump to Protect ‘Freedom and Capitalism’
- His vote will not protect either Freedom or Capitalism … unless of course he wants to continue to grant Trump the freedom to grasp all the capital for himself and the rest of the 1%
- Cindy Jacobs says that Christians must fast and pray for the reelection of President Donald Trump because … “we are at a tipping point of history, a hinge of history, whether we’re going to become a socialist nation. This is not hyperbole.”
- I’m not exactly sure how not eating and talking to an imaginary friend will actually persuade others that voting for Trump is a good idea. How exactly does that work?
- Lance Wallnau offers up what he thinks will be a winning reelection message for Trump: “I am the only thing standing between the destruction of America and its survival.”
- Trump is not standing “between” destruction and survival, he is the force of destruction
- For some reason, the Faith and Freedom Coalition issued a press release praising “the Trump administration for its many accomplishments over the recent weeks.”
- Their list of “accomplishments” includes keeping churches open as an essential service. This actually helps spread COVID-19. Trump is literally striving to kill those that support him.
- DeAnna Lorraine loved President Donald Trump’s “very uniting” Independence Day speech, especially when “he ripped into the left.”
- “Uniting” is not the correct term.
- Brenden Dilley can empathize with how frustrating it must be for self-described genius like Trump to have to be president for a country “full of fucking stupid people” and “thankless twats.”
- If he is truly frustrated, then he can of course always quit.
- Preacher: Vote for Trump Because Jesus Doesn’t Want You Voting for an Atheist
- Biden is a Catholic and attends Mass on a regular basis. Trump attends no church, and never has.
- Josh Bernstein says that white protesters who march in Black Lives Matter protests are placing themselves into self-induced “reverse slavery.”
- Rep. Jody Hice of Georgia celebrated the Fourth of July by telling Breitbart News radio listeners that Marxists had infiltrated the Black Lives Matter movement and were seeking to destroy the United States of America.
- Wayne Allyn Root wrote a speech that he hopes President Donald Trump will deliver to Black Lives Matter protesters. It begins: … “You have it all wrong. I know you hate to hear this, but… ALL LIVES MATTER. I’ll never stop saying it. America is not a racist country.”
- Larry Klayman longs for the days … “before the likes of former President Barack Obama and his equally hate-filled wife, Michelle, came to power, along with their anti-white black separatist and indeed ‘racist’ collaborators, such as Black Lives Matter, Al Sharpton and the ultimate white- and Jew-hater, Louis Farrakhan of the Nation of Islam. These black ‘leaders’ became the dominant sanctioned purveyors of racial division, finally succeeding at stoking the race war the nation now finds itself destructively embroiled in.”
- Anti-LGBTQ activist Mike Heath reports that he has lost his job as a contract delivery driver for FedEx due to his anti-gay videos, commentaries, and plans to launch a “Faggots Are Maggots” national tour.
The Wrath of a God
- Hank Kunneman Says Jesus Doesn’t Want Christians Voting for Democrats
- Jesus says that Hank does not speak for him
- Curt Landry Says the Removal of Statues Is the Judgment of God on Freemasonry and Illuminati
- On so many levels this makes zero sense.
- Jim Bakker returned to his television show today for the first time since suffering a stroke in May to blame the COVID-19 pandemic and civil unrest on legal abortion.
- Jim is quite determined to win gold in the olympic stupidity marathon.
- Pat Robertson warns that passage of the Equality Act will cause God to destroy America, just like Sodom and Gomorrah.
- Pat loves discrimination and would really hate to see it end.
- While the United States ranks first in numbers of coronavirus cases and deaths, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany says: … “I think the world is looking at us as a leader in COVID-19.”
- Indeed yes … The US holds the No.1 spot and is top of the leader board of deaths maintained by John Hopkins. Don’t you just love all this winning.
GOP is now GQP
According to Media Matters senior researcher Alex Kaplan, 62 candidates for office have signaled support for the conspiracy theory, and 12 of those candidates have won Republican primaries. The GOP has been hesitant to repudiate the movement, and opportunities for party leadership to moderate its ranks have long since passed.
- Brenden Dilley Says Melania Trump Was ‘Sending a Message to the Deep State’ With Her Dress … a white dress featuring bold black drawings of human figures. …. immediately began spreading baseless claims that the images on her dress were“inspired by drawings from victims of sexual abuse and/or Satanic Ritualistic Abuse.”
- It is simply a dress from Alexander McQueen’s spring collection called “Dancing Girls” featuring images drawn by design students … and yes, these conspiracy theorists really have cranked up stupidity to full volume.
- Dennis Prager Claims That So-Called Cancel Culture ‘Dwarfs McCarthyism’
- Prager is simply pissed that Google banned him and that he lost the case when he took them to court. What Prager fails to grasp is that McCarthy was a paranoid US senator who abused his office, and Google is a private corporation that can decide who does and does not get to use its services.
- Brenden Dilley declares that there are only two reasons to vote for a Democrat: … “You fucking hate America … or you are fucking stupid beyond all reason.”
- There is only one reason for taking anything Dilley says seriously. It very nicely aligns with his 2nd option.
- Wayne Allyn Root says that the key to success in life is never to listen to experts.
- Yes, he really is suggesting that you should only listen to idiots. Once can only wonder if he ensures that when he wants medical help he really does seek out a non-expert with no qualifications.
- Lance Wallnau Says Seattle’s Autonomous Zone Was a Prophetic Sign Left-Wing Activists Will ‘Get the Guillotine Out and Start Chopping Heads’
- Folks who declare something to be a “Prophetic Sign” are usually folks who are listening to voices in their head.
- Bill Mitchell says that first they ask you to wear a mask, then they force you to wear a burka, and the next thing you know you’re “enslaved again.”
- There is nothing religious about a mask, the issue is public safety.
- DeAnna Lorraine Claims That Hillary Clinton Is Coming for Your Babies … “Hillary Clinton supports efforts to make child care more accessible and affordable for parents because it makes it easier for her and other “elites” to kidnap and traffic children“
- Evidence that this is true – exactly zero.
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land last week?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is good, some sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- MAGA Cultist Pastor: At My Church, We Refuse to Social Distance or Wear Masks
- This is a death cult minus the Kool-Aid.
- Evangelicals Are Furious That California Temporarily Banned Singing in Churches
- Some Christians just want the virus to spread.
- Medical Report: 17-Year-Old Died of COVID After Attending Florida Church’s Event
- Her conspiracy-theorist mom also gave her unhelpful drugs promoted by Donald Trump.
- Christian “Prophetess”: I’m the Reason Satan Didn’t Disrupt Your Holiday Weekend
- This is delusional thinking on steroids.
- The U.S. Government Gave Nearly $10 Billion in Forgivable Loans to Churches
- The Paycheck Protection Program was a giant cash grab for churches.
- A Texas Pastor Irresponsibly Reopened Church; Now 50 Members Have COVID
- The pastor, who also has COVID, said he accepts “full responsibility”… but he’ll reopen church again soon.
- Evangelical Author Gets Backlash After Showing Support for Her Lesbian Daughter
- Loving your children shouldn’t be news, but it is when you’re evangelical and your child is gay.
- Christian Radio Host Mocks Masks, Quarantines, Hand-Washing in Ignorant Rant
- Frank Sontag doesn’t understand how viruses (or our immune systems) work.
- Ohio Lawmaker Who Opposes Face Masks Now Urges People to “STOP GETTING TESTED!”
- The GOP Christian lawmaker thinks science is a conspiracy.
- Louisiana Lawmaker Takes Chainsaw to Mask, Compares Mask Mandates to Holocaust
- Another Christian lawmaker. Another insane reaction to life-saving masks.
- Scamvangelist’s Church Tells COVID to “Cease and Desist NOW”… Again
- Kenneth Copeland’s church has declared the virus dead for months now. It’s not working.
- Baptist Writer: Who Cares About the Risks? Let’s Open Churches Back Up!
- What will it take for these people to understand the damage they’re causing?
- A Christian Summer Camp Opened Up Despite the Pandemic; 82 People Now Have COVID
- These people need to listen to scientists, not Jesus.
- The Catholic Church Received (At Least) $1.4 Billion in COVID Bailout Funds
- They need the $$ to pay the child abuse victims.
- Lutheran High School Fires Soon-To-Be-Married Lesbian Athletic Trainer
- Krystal Brazel’s story is heartbreaking. It’s also predictable.
- Baptist Church Sued for Not Stopping Staffer from Sexually Assaulting Girl
- This is only the latest case of abuse within the Southern Baptist Convention.
Will next week be different and result is no bizarre claims from the wingnuts?
Bonus Items –
The COVID-19 timeline
Via @TBPInvictus ..