We live in a truly weird time where we observe right-wing religious fundamentalists rallying behind and supporting an individual who has cranked up the dials that are marked “Intolerance”, “dishonest”, “obnoxious”, and “zero empathy” to full volume.
The supposed holders of the moral high-ground have let their masks slip by revealing themselves as cheerleaders for the porn star presidency.
So what crazy weird claims have popped up from the Trump loving sycophants during the last 7 days?
Let’s take a peek.
What happened during the last 7 days?
Witches, Demons, and The Occult
‘White Goat Cross’: Cory Daniel Exposes the Occult Ritual Behind Nipsey Hussle’s Murder
“political occultist expert” Cory Daniel, who was on hand to explain the occult symbolism that was supposedly behind the recent murder of rapper Nipsey Hussle.
Daniel, who has previously claimed that Zionists use pedophilia to blackmail members of Congress, that the Super Bowl halftime show was an occult ritual, and that the massacre of Muslims in New Zealand was part of an Illuminati plot to “take white people down,” found great significance in the fact that the suspect who shot Hussle reportedly escaped in a white Chevy Cruze.
“Nipsey Hussle was sacrificed, people,” Daniel said. “This was a public ritual sacrifice.”
Daniel claimed that the fact that the media repeatedly shared the car’s description and license plate number was part of a ritualistic “incantation.”
(How does one qualify to become an “Occult Expert”, who offers certification in that?)
Lance Wallnau warns that …
“America is under a corporate witchcraft attack. It’s a spell. We are numb to news, incapable of outrage. The Left has brainwashed its audience in counterfeit grievances and perverted justice. “
(“corporate witches”, how exactly does that work?)
Racism In America Is Not Real, But Discrimination Against Trump Supporters Is
On Friday night’s episode of his “YourVoice America” program, ardent pro-Trump commentator and right-wing conspiracy theorist Bill Mitchell insisted, once again, that racism is not a problem in America while his guest, one time “The Apprentice” contestant Stephanie Myers, declared that Trump supporters are the ones who are really facing discrimination in this country.
After declaring that every Trump supporter should come together for a “National MAGA Hat Day” in which they wear their red “Make America Great Again” hats in public in order to upset liberals, Mitchell complained that MAGA hats are treated as “a symbol of racism”
(The distinct advantage of the MAGA hat is that it tells you who the idiots are so that you can easily avoid them)
Claim: MAGA Supporters Will Start a Civil War if Trump Doesn’t Prosecute His Political Enemies
Chris McDonald and James R. asserted that President Trump will lose his re-election bid in 2020 if he doesn’t punish his enemies like Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton because Trump supporters will be too busy waging a civil war and fighting in the streets to bother to vote.
(There is nothing ‘civil’ about anything the MAGA crowd say or do)
- David Barton and WallBuilders continue to falsely insist that … “aborted baby parts are being unethically used in vaccinations.”
- Bryan Fischer declares that …“the behavior of a man engaged in the act of sodomy with a homosexual partner is not morally equivalent to the behavior of a man who is engaged in loving and conjugal union with the wife of his youth. It is moral blindness and even stupidity to pretend otherwise.” … (says a homophobic religious bigot)
Andrew Wommack claims that PBS is coming to his Charis Bible College to film a program with him and John Tesh discussing Tesh’s supposedly miraculous healing from cancer.
(If you are expecting evidence or proof for this “miracle”, I’d recommend not holding your breath)
If you don’t believe exactly what I believe then you are evil …
- Rick Wiles: ‘Ben Shapiro Is a Liar Because He Denies That Jesus is the Christ’
- Pete Buttigieg’s Religious Right Critics: You and Your Episcopal Church Aren’t Really Christian
Just how extreme can they get?
Texas Bill Could Lead to Women Being Executed for Having an Abortion
A Texas house committee heard testimony this week on a bill that would allow women who have abortions to be convicted of homicide and executed. The bill’s sponsor, state Rep. Tony Tinderholt, told the Texas Observer when he introduced the bill in 2017 that it would make women “more personally responsible” about having sex.
This horrifying news reminds us that when Donald Trump was a presidential candidate, he said in response to a reporter’s question that once abortion is criminalized, women who have an abortion could face legal punishment. Immediately, anti-choice leaders mounted an intense public relations campaign denying that any “pro-life” activists have a desire to punish women—part of their strategy to portray anti-choice groups as pro-women and not just pro-fetus. As I pointed out at the time, they were lying—a fact confirmed with striking clarity by this week’s news from Texas.
(Pro life means “we will execute you”)
Not everybody goes as far as “death”, we also had Dave Daubenmire advocating imposing physical punishments, such as caning, for women who get abortions.
(These folks aren’t just “Taliban lite”, then are quite literally doing exactly the same)
Them vs Us
David Lane declares that ….
“the battle in America has nothing to do with Republican versus Democrat. Rather than political it is the all-encompassing struggle between Biblical Christianity and the false religion of Secularism.”
(Nope, it’s actually battle between utterly delusional wing nuts and sensibly tolerant decent people)
Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg
- Andrew Bieszad of Shoebat.com weighs in on the presidential campaign of Pete Buttigieg: …. “A sodomite whose name means ‘The king of cocks’ is running to be president of the US. How fitting, and it is without a doubt a subtle mockery of the current state of the US, a nation whose people have embraced sodomy by the super majority and as such, means the nation is on the road to perdition.”
- Bryan Fischer is also not a fan of Buttigieg’s campaign: …“Do not let his boyish good looks and charm deceive you. He threatens everything that you and I cherish … Bottom line: President Pete Buttigieg will be the greatest threat to religious liberty in our nation’s history.”
- The Family Research Council prays for Pete Buttigieg: … “Holy God, we pray for this misguided soul who unashamedly calls good ‘evil’ and evil ‘good.’ Protect those who hear this ‘blind guide’ from following him into the ditch spiritually and politically. Reveal yourself to him in an unmistakable way to the end that he can no longer worship the god of his imagination but worship you in Spirit and in truth.”
(Criticism from all these guys is effectively an endorsement – it means that Pete Buttigieg is most probably a decent honourable tolerant and caring candidate who would be a good choice)
Oh and least you wonder why he is getting all this flack, it’s basically because of this …
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg on the Religious Right: “The Hypocrisy is Unbelievable”
Just how Utterly Obnoxious can the right-wing religious be?
Well, here are a few more samples that perhaps give you an answer to that, and remember this is all stuff that popped up in the news cycle during the last 7 days …
- Investigation Unearths Hundreds Of Abuse Allegations In Independent Baptist Churches
- The Awful Treatment of Female Missionaries is Inspiring a #MissionsToo Movement
- Texas Pastors Arrested for Allegedly Beating Child With Extension Cord
- KY Man Sues Hotel Boss After She Tried Exorcising His Divorce “Demons”
- Karen Pence Falsely Says Pete Buttigieg is Attacking Her Christian Faith
- Lori Loughlin Says God is Helping Her Deal with the Cheating Scandal
- Evangelicals’ Fears About Satan Led to the “Explicit Content” Warning on Albums
- Anti-Vaxxers Are Using a Holocaust-Era Star of David as a Symbol of Persecution
- Clarence Thomas: Atheists Can’t Be Trusted Since Oaths Mean Nothing to Them
- Angry Young Hate-Preacher Shares Bigoted “Facts” About “The LGBT” in Sermon
One Last Thought …
Why is it like this, why are so many so willing to embrace intolerance, bad ideas, and outright fiction as “truth”?
The answer is that all humans, without exception, have cognitive biases that can kick in and completely befuddle and muddle our ability to think rationally.
Here for example is a link to an old article in IOS that lists some of the traps we can fall into … The 12 cognitive biases that prevent you from being rational
What can we practically do, how can we rise above all of this?
A good place to start is to hold your own ideas and beliefs to exactly the same standard that you apply to the ideas and beliefs that you oppose.