When faced with the weekly weird religious news, you might wonder who actually believes what they are claiming, and who is simply running a con. In some instances such as Jim Bakker we find an individual who is quite transparently running a get-rich-quick scam. He uses fear of end-times to motivate the gullible into buying his overprices buckets of survival gloop. Others such as the self-appointed prophets might or might not actually believe. What can happen is that over time an individual who issues a “word from God” will often be told again and agin how insightful and “spiritual” they are by all those around them, and so they not only fool others, but they also successfully fool themselves.
Sincerity does not equate to “true”.
What can and does often become wrapped up together is “sincerity” with “utterly absurd”. Many examples are below.
What happened During the past week?
Devotees continue to promote the Gospel of Trump …
- Mark Taylor: Literal Demons Are Manifesting Against Trump As He Works To Arrest The Deep State For ‘Eating Kids’
- Andrew Wommack: Opposition To Trump Is Demonic And A Sign Of The End Times
- Rick Wiles: Democrats Will Start Killing Republicans To Prevent Them From Voting In 2020
- Paul McGuire: God Is Using Trump To Prepare The World For A ‘Last Days Soul Harvest’
- Vice President Mike Pence Defends Cruel Anti-Immigration Policy With Scripture
Guidance on the “ideal” SCOTUS Nomination was popping up …
- Anti-Choice & Anti-LGBTQ Groups Rallying Behind Amy Coney Barrett for SCOTUS
- Dominionist Prayer Warriors: Amy Coney Barrett Has ‘Endorsement Of Heaven’ For SCOTUS
- Anti-Choice Group: Trump’s SCOTUS Pick ‘Most Important Presidential Appointment In History’
- Rick Wiles: God Will Destroy America If Anthony Kennedy Is Not Replaced With An Anti-Choice Justice
- AFA’s Bryan Fischer: Overturning Roe Is The Only Issue For SCOTUS Nominee
- WND Column: Supreme Court Rulings On LGBT Equality, Church-State Separation Are Tyrannical
The religious grifters continue to ply their get-rich-quick con game …
God is apparently ticked off about all the plastic …
- Rick Joyner had “a very alarming dream” in which it was revealed to him that God is very angry “about the pollution of the world and the destruction of the world with plastic.”
Arkansas state senator Jason Rapert declares that it is his assignment …
“to teach and equip believers to become leaders who cannot be destroyed and who will exercise the duty given to us in Genesis 1:26-28. We need good people to run for office and serve. Christians should not vote for people who refuse to respect and honor God.”
What “Freedom” really means is apparently slavery …
As is usual, unusual stories pop up …
- Rodney Howard-Browne: Spiritual Revival Will Shut Down Congress For Days
- Family of 11 Dead After Hanging Themselves Thinking God Would Save Them
As for next week, will that be a different saner more reasonable time?
Given the observation that past experience is an indicator of future behaviour, I think it is a good bet to suggest … no.