When considering the weird news items I come across, I’m often tempted to think “Nobody could possibly be that stupid, it just must all be satire or a joke“, and then up pop items from people who time after time prove me to be quite wrong about that.
I guess I do need to come to terms with the observation that there really are people who are daft enough to think that the earth is flat and that Trump is a messiah chosen by God.
What was weird during the last 7 days?
Utterly Absurd Claims …
- Chris McDonald: El Paso and Dayton Shootings Were a Deep State Plot to ‘Take Your Ability to Worship God Away’ …”The guns didn’t do this; people did this full of the devil and they were demon-possessed and these people are being used as pawns in this elite, deep state game to control this country, to take the guns away“
- Rick Wiles: Jews Will Use Red Flag Laws to Disarm Christians and Kill Them … “I’m going to tell you what’s moving through the country. It’s an American Irgun,” he added. “Irgun never disbanded … I’m telling you, what’s moving through this country is an American Irgun. There is a killer team. There are multiple killer teams. It’s Irgun … Irgun is in America.”
- Sheila Zilinsky declares that the recent mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton were false flags designed to … “incite a civil war between the people of color against the whites in America.”
- Rick Joyner: The Left Is Responsible For the Rise of White Supremacy
Verifiably Fraudulent Claims …
This relates to a self-appointed prophet, who claims that God told him that Trump would win the 2016 election and that God had especially chosen Trump.
- Tom Horn Rewrites Prophetic History … “Tom Horn, who is the CEO of both Skywatch and the Defender Publishing Group, which published Taylor’s book, claimed that they were so impressed with Taylor’s prophetic gifts that they published his book before the 2016 election …“We published this before the 2016 election,” Horn said. “So what a step of faith we took.”“
It is easy to check this. It was actually published long after the election in July 2017
In fact, on May 17, 2017, Skywatch released a trailer for Taylor’s book that specifically said it would be released on July 4th of that year, nearly eight months after the election.
This is a classical scam – claim a successful prophecy was predicted prior to an event, but was actually made long after the event.
Equality is Evil …
- David Barton warns that …. “the Equality Act is probably the greatest assault on Constitutional liberties and religious liberty in the history of the nation.”
Promotion of Intolerance and Hatred…
Mass Shooting: Right-wing “Theories” and “solutions” …
- Josh Bernstein thinks that the easiest way to stop mass shootings is to outlaw gun-free zones and “remove all gun laws on the books.”
- Erich Pratt insists that America can never outlaw assault weapons because they are necessary when fighting off gangs of home invaders.
- E.W. Jackson: Anti-White ‘Racist Demagoguery’ Is Responsible for Mass Shootings
Head spinning stuff …
- Christian Nationalist Against Christians Against Christian Nationalism
- Sandy Rios: When the Left Talks About White Supremacy, ‘They’re Talking About Christianity’
What other weird stuff happened?
A great deal. It is the usual stream of intolerance, abuse, corruption, and bizarre claims …
- Preacher Blames TX Shooting on Nation Having “Thrown Out the Ten Commandments”
- Anti-Gay FL Pastor Arrested After Shoving Hand Down Restaurant Manager’s Blouse
- TX Lt. Gov. Blames El Paso Shooting on Not Letting Kids “Pray in Our Schools”
- Christian Writer: God Allows Mass Shootings So We’ll “Return to Him in Prayer”
- OH Lawmaker Blames Dayton Shooting on “Homosexual Marriage,” Democrats, and More
- Christian Mom: Women Are More Unsafe Today Because of Feminism
- Mike Huckabee: Mass Shootings Are Caused By “Disconnecting from a God”
- Christian TV Host: The Mass Shootings Were a “Deep State” Plot to Block Worship
- FOX Host: The Dayton Tragedy Occurred Because the Shooter Didn’t “Fear the Lord”
- NRA Board Member Ken Blackwell Blames Mass Shootings on “Hearts Without God”
- The “Team Mitch” Boys Choking a Cutout of AOC Attend a Christian School
- A Pentecostal Church in WI Has Covered Up Sexual Assault Allegations for Decades
- Pastor: Gun Violence Occurs When People Think They’re an “Evolutionary Accident”
- Guam’s Ex-Archbishop Reportedly Burned Sex Abuse Records in “Big Bonfire”
- Comedian Sarah Silverman Calls Out Christian Preacher Who Threatened Her Life
- Pastor Recited Bible Verses While Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Underage Girl
- Florida Man Arrested for DUI Says He Smoked Pot to Prepare for Jesus to Return
Meanwhile, other nations tend to see people for who they really are …