Well yes, I just have to open with this …
The conversation carried on like this …
Alex Jones: The Nazis were thugs.
Kanye West: “But they did good things too. We gotta stop dissing the Nazis all the time.“
Alex Jones desperately tries to get Kanye West to clarify that he doesn’t actually love Hitler … but nope …
Kanye West: “There’s a lot of things that I love about Hitler. A lot of things.“
About here is the right place to insert a stunned silence, especially when faced with the prospect of a conversation in which Alex Jones, who declared himself bankrupt this past week, comes across as a sane rational reasonable guy for a few minutes. I guess we have officially traversed into a new reality.
Meanwhile actual Nazis went orgasmic over all of this. Andrew Torba, the Gab founder, was positively giddy about West’s Nazi-praising appearance on Jones’ program: “Overton Window: shattered. Obliterated. Never going back.”
Moving on, below you will once again find my usual selection of some truly bizarre and extreme claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my various sources, let’s dive in.
OK, so where is our “humble Genius” up to now?
Basically here …
- He got rid of the verification system, realized why it was there in the first place, brought it back.
- He got rid of content moderation, realized it was necessary, brought it back.
- He brought back Kanye, then realised why he was banned, re-banned him.
- We have also had the Twitter Files “revelations” … a half dozen screenshots of twitter content moderator execs debating content moderation policy. In other words his “smoking gun” turns out to be a steaming turd that consisted of his efforts to embarrass someone who is not an elected official and who has struggled with addiction so that he can juice engagement on the platform.
Meanwhile “Impeach Hunter Biden” is now trending.
For the curious and brave souls willing to dip into it all, here is a tweet to start with …
Christian hate-preacher Jason Graber insists every Democrat is a “Satan worshiper.”
- Since more Americans vote for democrats than republicans then I guess that officially makes America a Satanist country.
They do indeed reap exactly what they sow …
- Best Comment: “He could’ve voted for a sane, competent senator with whom he’d have some disagreements… Instead, he considered Herschel Walker for a while, then voted for no one.“
Press Question put to Mitch McConnell: In light of what you said that there’s no room in your party for anti-Semitic views, if Trump wins the nomination, would you support him?
- This will not exactly shock you, but “surprise” … his answer was not “No”.
Going Back to the Good old days
Vincent James says that feminism is the root cause of everything that is wrong with this nation “and it all started with allowing women to wear pants.” The solution? “We have to go back 100 years. That’s why we do, in fact, have to start taking away rights.”
- I have a small suspicion that this guy might have problems getting dates.
Calling these guys Nazis sounds like a slur. Sadly it is literally factual.
Neo-Nazi Andrew Anglin (cleverly “hiding” behind the pseudonym “Wang Lin”) tells Matt Evans (aka “Beardson Beardly”) why he’s backing Kanye West’s presidential bid: “It’s the right thing to do to support the guy who is promoting Christianity and who’s attacking the Jews.”
- Names such as “Beardson Beardly” sounds like parody. Nope, that’s what he rolls with and so places himself beyond parody by doing so.
- “Promoting Christianity” is not exactly something that Kanye has established a reputation for this past week.
Homophobia on Steroids
Tony Perkins warns that with the passage of the Respect for Marriage Act in the Senate, “the government has declared open season on anyone who believes in marriage as it’s always been, the union of a man and woman.”
- Tony is a tad pissed that he can’t dictate to others telling them whom they may or many not marry.
Andrew Torba, the guy who setup Gab, declares that “we will destroy the GOP before we allow another Zionist bootlicker in office to ‘represent us.‘”
- No need to “destroy” the GOP, the job has already been done.
- FYI: You probably already know this, but Gab is a haven for neo-Nazis, racists, white supremacists, white nationalists, antisemites, the alt-right, supporters of Donald Trump, conservatives, right-libertarians, and believers in conspiracy theories such as QAnon.
Elijah Schaffer announces that he has no intention to tone it down: “I have hereby decided to tone it up and go harder on these disgusting, reprobate, satanic, pedophile elites that eat babies “
- Number of babies actually eaten – zero.
- Side note: This is the guy that got fired from The Blaze by Glenn Beck after groping a colleague’s breasts. It says a great deal about you when you discover that you are too sleazy for even Glenn Beck to tolerate.
Ali Alexander is a militant authoritarian Catholic who proclaims that he would “like to abolish the Protestant church [because] you are in love with a hologram of your wife, and you’re fucking a pillow.”
- The Evangelicals might wish to consider hitting pause on their endorsement of this guy.
- These folks are all best buddies … until they then discover that they don’t all hold the same beliefs. Then things become a tad challenging.
- His stance has previously worked out so wonderfully well for all involved. For example, the Troubles in Northern Ireland.
The False Profit$
Glenn Beck had a dream where he encountered Satan in the White House and is begging listeners to take heed of what he is convinced is a prophetic warning.
- Ex-Fox News host, conspiracy nutter, and Mormon, Glenn Beck portraying himself as a prophet is a new twist.
Shane Vaughn explains why he is a Trump cultist: “THE MOMENT I saw HE HAD BEEN SET APART for and end time position in the Fathers plans — I BECAME HIS RIGHT HAND MAN from afar — fighting for HIS MESSAGE and FOR THE MAN — because the two are inseparable.“
- The Caps lock is Shane. Nothing screams “nutter” louder than having a sticky caps-lock key
- Read his full posting and you learn that Shane thinks that Trump is “The Anointed One” of God and has been “The Anointed One” since birth. The term “incoherent waffle” does not even begin to describe it.
- Josh Wingrove @ Bloomberg: Key Trump 2024 Rivals Silent After His White Supremacist Meeting.
- Eric Kleefeld and Rob Savillo @ Media Matters: Fox News buries Donald Trump’s meeting with Ye and white supremacist troll Nick Fuentes.
- Jackson Richman @ Mediaite: Jewish Advocacy Group That JUST Honored Trump ‘Deplores’ Him for Dining With ‘Vile Antisemites’ Kanye West and Nick Fuentes.
- Joe Jervis: Mike Lindell: I’ll Run For RNC Chair “If God Is Willing.”
- Molly Sprayregen @ LGBTQ Nation: Hate group leader says LGBTQ people want to “hijack” Christmas.
- Kaila Philo @ Talking Points Memo: Maricopa Officials Clarify, Again, That The Election Was Conducted Fairly In New Report.
- Josephine Harvey @ HuffPost: Ex-Trump Lawyer Slammed As A ‘Monster’ After Vile Take On Club Q Shooting.
- Rachel Maddow: Republican leader Trump’s dinner with racist forces reckoning for normal Americans.
- Marc Caputo @ NBC News: The inside story of Trump’s explosive dinner with Ye and Nick Fuentes.
- Kathryn Joyce @ Salon: Look who came to dinner: Nick Fuentes (and Ye) want to push GOP toward full-on Nazism.
- Jonathan Weisman @ The New York Times: Jewish Allies Call Trump’s Dinner With Antisemites a Breaking Point.
- Zachary Petrizzo @ The Daily Beast: Racist YouTuber Joins Kanye West’s Campaign.
- Spencer S. Hsu, Tom Jackman and Rachel Weiner @ The Washington Post: Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes guilty of seditious conspiracy.
Political Quote of the week
Quote aside, Obama’s ability to deliver the pause, and get that pause just perfect, is truly a delivery masterclass …
Least you wonder, yes Herschel Walker did indeed mull over that “burning issue” in rambling speech last Wednesday.