So what have we got this week from the Wingnut brigade, is it lot’s of sensible reasonable rational stuff for a change?
Yes indeed, I’ll paint you completely unsurprised.
It is the usual batshit insanity; Trump is claimed to be “Christ-like”, Hilary supposedly drinks lots of blood, and Democrats apparently worship the demon god Moloch.
It all sounds like satire and mockery, but no, these are the actual claims being promoted.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
Here is this week’s select of gems …
The Cult of Trump …
- Lance Wallnau: Impeaching Trump Would ‘Overturn the Will of 600 Million Americans’…”Trump-loving right-wing activist Lance Wallnau streamed a video on his Facebook page last Friday in which he declared that Rep. Adam Schiff “is a flippin’ nutjob” and fumed that in seeking to impeach President Trump, the Democrats are trying to “overturn the will of 600 million Americans,”
- It should of course not be a surprise to learn that a Trump supporter has no idea how many people live in the US
- Josh Bernstein Says Democratic Leaders Should Be Tortured for Launching Impeachment Inquiry …“These people are the lowest forms of life on earth,” Bernstein seethed. “They are lower than pond scum. They are the most disgusting, vile pieces of jackrabbit crap you could possibly imagine.” … “I would rip out their fingernails and their toenails one by one and then waterboard them in front of their families,”
- Scott Lively believes that President Trump’s Ukraine whistleblower scandal was “orchestrated” by Trump himself: … “In his genius, fearless Trump knows that giving the Democrats and neo-cons just enough red meat to trigger their bloodlust would get them all out on the same limb, fully committed to the far left’s suicidal impeachment fantasy, while he gently revs the Shokin chainsaw behind his back, smiling in anticipation … It is more likely that a known leaker was set up like an unsuspecting worker ant to carry the dose of poison back to the Queen of the Nest (Nancy Pelosi, or perhaps Over-Queen Hillary).”
- Even though there is no DNC server in Ukraine, Glenn Beck has predictably embraced the right-wing conspiracy theory.
- Bryan Fischer proclaims that evangelical Christians are President Trump’s “stone wall” against impeachment: … “If we continue to have his back, there is no way they can get to him and remove him through impeachment. We are the key to President Trump surviving this impeachment effort.”
- Mike Adams via Infowars: Impeachment Inquiry against Trump Part of Plan to Genocide Human Race
- Side Note: Yes, that’s the same guy who is a well-known fraudster. If this guy is on your team, then you are on the wrong team.
- Doug Giles: Trump Has a Christ-Like Boldness and a ‘Prophetic Edge’ … “Giles insisted that Jesus would, in fact, vote for President Trump because Trump possesses a Christ-like sense of boldness and “a prophetic edge.”
The Joe Biden fan club…
- Larry Klayman pledges to convene a “citizens grand jury” to indict Joe Biden and his son, Hunter: … “We will then indict the Bidens, try them in a citizens court and have them sentenced.”
- He just might pull that off if being a nice guy and a decent human was a crime.
- Bannon, Schweizer and the Mercers Team Up to Advance Conspiracy Theory Targeting Biden
The Hilary Clinton fan club is still up and running …
- Rick Wiles notes that Hillary Clinton has been looking very healthy recently: … “She must be drinking a lot of blood.”
- I’d be tempted to suggest that Rick is simply taking the piss here, but he would no doubt suggest that she drinks that as well.
Jesus is coming …
- Pat Robertson led a Rosh Hashanah celebration at CBN last night, where he proclaimed that … “Rosh Hashanah signifies the second coming of Jesus Christ.”
- For those unfamiliar with the term, Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish new year. It has been and gone, and once again Jesus was a no-show.
Demonising Democrats … literally …
- Trump Adviser Robert Jeffress: Democrats Worship the Demon God Moloch … “Right-wing pastor Robert Jeffress appeared on Todd Starnes’ radio program yesterday, where the two agreed that Democrats do not worship the Christian God and may, in fact, worship the demon god Moloch.“
- Rick Wiles warns that Democrats are “seditious traitors” who are pushing average, law-abiding Americans to take up arms in defense of this nation.
- Jim Bakker: The Left Is Under ‘Massive Demon Possession’ … “I want to tell you people today, America has gone crazy,” Bakker said. “I believe much of politics today, especially those that have gone out on an extreme—I’ll say left, they are way left—I believe there is a massive demon possession in the political realm today.”
climate change activism = a sign from God …
- Jim Bakker also declares that young people marching in the streets demanding action on climate change is evidence of … “God’s judgment coming to this country.”
God called him to run for Congress …
- Congressional Candidate Sean Feucht Says He Is Called by God to Bring Revival and Reformation … Feucht told podcaster David Harris Jr. that he believes God called him to run for Congress to help bring revival and reformation.“I do believe it’s from the Lord,”
- I do believe … that a god is not actually telling him what to do. Folks listening to voices in their heads are not the people we should be electing.
What came out of the Wingnut fantasy land?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- Pastor Apologizes and Leads Church in “Cleansing” Prayer After Gay Man’s Speech … then when criticised for doing that, doubles down on it all a few days later.
- WV GOP Lawmaker Complains About School Display Urging Respect for LGBTQ Students
- Christian Hate Group: Liberals Would Never Accept a Right-Wing Greta Thunberg!
- Gordon Klingenschmitt: Trans People Are Evildoers Who Are “Full of the Devil”
- AZ Man Charged With Murder After Forcing Hot Water Down Boy’s Throat in Exorcism
- Nearly 1,700 Catholic Priests Accused of Sexual Abuse Now Live Among Us
- Pastor Could Face Life in Prison After Recordings Suggest He Raped a Child
- Asked About a Harmless Halloween Game, Pat Robertson Talked About Biblical Rape
It is not totally crazy out there, some are also prepared to speak out …
- Mayor Pete Says Evangelicals Are Twisting Scripture to Justify Support of Trump
- Ex-vangelical Frank Schaeffer Delivers Epic Rant Against Christian Right Leaders