If indeed you expect to discover a few strange things, then you will not at all be surprised to discover that it is all even weirder than you could ever possibly imagine. So with this thought in mind, I now bring you the top 5 weirdest categories from their list …
1) Weird Animals
- Anax Imperator (Dragonfly)
- Androctonus amurreuxi (Scorpion)
- Acarus Siro (storage mite)
- Boar (Wild Boar, Sus Scrofa)
- Boa Constrictor (Adeps Boae)
- Black Browed Albatross (Diomedea Melanophris)
- Bombyx Mori (Silkworm, Silkmoth)
- Daddy Long Legs (Pholcus Phalangioides)
- Earthworm (Helodrilus Calig, Lumbricus Terr)
- Dormouse (Glis Glis)
- Erinaceus Europus (Hedgehog)
- Feline Flea (Cat Flea)
2) Weird Objects
- Ammonite (fossil) [Yes really, a fossil]
- Black Pearl
- Epoxy Putty
- Fluorescent Light
- Fairy Liquid (must it be that brand, or will a generic brand work?)
- Hair Dye (mixed) [Any specific colour?]
- Hoover Dust,
- Light (Halogen) [Will it be a stronger remedy if it is a low wattage bulb?]
- Microwave, [Only tiny little waves work then?]
- Opal (Black) [The colour makes a difference!]
- TNT (Trinitrotoluene)
- Granite (Lapis Granatum Murvey)
- Coronary Artery (belonging to who exactly?)
3) Colours (yes seriously, a colour)
- Orange (yes the colour not the fruit)
- Ultra Violet
4) Endangered Species
- Bald Eagle (American, Haliaeetus)
- Snow Leopard (Panthera Uncia)
- Gorilla Blood
- Blue Cheese (Stilton)
Making a Homeopathic Remedy
Take the base ingredient and add one part to 100 drops of water then strike it hard against a solid surface. How the heck you do that with a colour I have no idea, and as for the demise of a bald eagle or a boa Constrictor I dread to even contemplate that. Insoluble ingredients are apparently diluted by grinding them with lactose. So this first dilution gives you a 1C
To get to a 2C you dilute 1 part of this with 100 parts of water. To then get to a 3C you dilute 1 part of the 2C with 100 parts of water. Continue like this until you get to the recommended dilution of 30C. That is so far down this logarithmic scale that you will have nothing left of the original (luckily – think earthworm and daddy long legs) … and yes, I’m not making this up, it really is like this.
Oh and apparently a 300C dilution is supposed to be even more potent.
If you are wondering how this can possibly work, well the answer is simple, it does not, and has never actually been demonstrated to work in a clinical trial that adheres to proper controls, and yet this is all available via the National Health Service today, so apparently you can indeed get “magic” via the NHS.
From beginning to end, the entire concept and process is all summed up with just one single word – absurd.
For the curious, yes you can indeed order a Homeopathic Remedy made from anything in the above list and lots more, the online price list is here. Regardless of the original ingredient, it is a fixed price.
To those that truly believe, well if you wish to consume highly diluted blues, yellows, fossils and earthworms, I think I’ll leave you to it.