Below is an index of the various Climate Change related articles that I’ve written during the past several months. I’ve gathered them all up into one place for ease of reference. This perhaps will eventually become a topic specific index … let’s see.
Beyond the list I also have a pointer to a really good New York Times Climate Change Q&A. I’m highlighting it because it does a fine job of answering some of the common questions that often arise, and so it acts as a great starting point.
My Own Climate Change Mini-Index
Climate Change Denial
- Press Standards upholds complaint against Mail #Climate denial article (18th Sep)
- Lord Lawson vs Al Gore – BBC Interview #climate (12th Aug)
- Fake Climate Change denial papers in Fake scientific journals (13th June)
- Breitbart Claim: “Study finds nearly all recent Global warming fabricated” (19th Jul)
- #FakeNews Alert: Claim: “@MichaelEMann – ‘Commits contempt of court’” (17th Jul)
- Breitbart Claim: ‘Global Warming’ Is a Myth, Say 58 Scientific Papers in 2017 (12th June)
- Was #Harvey a manifestation of #Climate Change? (2nd Sep)
- Does Climate Change really Impact Hurricane intensity? (12th Sep)
- Do we now need a Category 6 for a Hurricane? (6th Sep)
- James Hansen: Clear Link Between #Climate Change & Stronger Hurricanes (5th Sep)
- Hurricanes – How you can really help? (10th Sep)
- Ice and Fire: Wildfire in Greenland – #Climate (11th Aug)
- Wildfires in 2017 season is global phenomenon – #climate (7th Aug)
- Scientists Fear Trump Will Dismiss Blunt Climate Report – #climate (10th Aug)
- Is Scott Pruitt’s Climate Change TV debate idea a silly one? (15th Jul)
- Rick Perry, Carbon Dioxide, and #Climate (22nd June)
- Trump’s Climatic decision on the #ParisAgreement – #climate (2nd June)
- Lamar Smith Claims: “Don’t Believe Hysteria Over Carbon Dioxide” #denier (1st Aug)
- Scott Pruitt defends massive cuts to EPA funding (17th June)
US Climate Alliance
- Climate Change: Filling the political and financial funding abyss (16th June)
- The Growing US Climate Alliance (14th June)
- Bypassing Trump and committing to Paris Agreement – “We are Still In” (8th June)
Models, Oceans, and News
- Avoiding Dangerous Global Warming: The Window Is Closing (21st Sep)
- Why is there a Weird warming hole in the Atlantic? – #Climate (4th Aug)
- Ghost Forests – #climate (3rd Aug)
- Are the Climate Change Models seriously flawed? (30th June)
- Global Coral Reefs are in terminal decline – #climate (27th June)
- Great Barrier Reef can no longer be saved (1st June)
- Why are Carbon Dioxide levels still rising? (28th June)
- Increasing CO2 level increases Ocean Acidification – 450ppm is very bad (25th Jul)
- Reducing CO2 is not enough to deal with Climate Change (21st July)
- The increase of Deadly Heat Waves & #Climate (21st June)
- What are the limits of human survivability in a heat wave? #climate (8th Aug)
- 95-Degree Days: How Extreme Heat Could Spread Across the World (24th June)
- What does NASA GISTEMP Data for May 2017 tell us? (20th June)
- Clearing up Climate Change confusion (8th Jul)
- Criticising “The Uninhabitable Earth” – #Climate (11th Jul)
- Effective Communication matters – #climate (5th Aug)
- What did the G20 agree on Climate? (10th Jul)
- Ratcheting up the Paris Agreement (26th Jul)
- Three years to safeguard our climate – Mission 2020 (1st Jul)
- Poll: Nearly 6 in 10 oppose Trump scrapping Paris agreement (7th June)
New York Times – Questions and Answers – A basic primer
I’m highlighting this because they have composed 17 often-asked questions with some straightforward answers, and so this is a great basic primer to enable a good foundational understanding of the topic. Here is a list of the questions posed, and so if one or more invokes your curiosity, then just click here to jump in …
Part 1 – What is Happening
- Climate change? Global warming? What do we call it?
- How much is the Earth heating up?
- What is the greenhouse effect, and how does it cause global warming?
- How do we know humans are responsible for the increase in carbon dioxide?
- Could natural factors be the cause of the warming?
- Why do people deny the science of climate change?
Part 2 – What could happen?
- How much trouble are we in?
- How much should I worry about climate change affecting me directly?
- How much will the seas rise?
- Is recent crazy weather tied to climate change?
Part 3 – What can we do?
- Are there any realistic solutions to the problem?
- What is the Paris Agreement?
- Does clean energy help or hurt the economy?
- What about fracking or ‘clean coal’?
- What’s the latest with electric cars?
- What are carbon taxes, carbon trading and carbon offsets?
- Climate change seems so overwhelming. What can I personally do about it?
The bottom line is rather simple to grasp – doing nothing is not a viable option.