I took a break from doing Wingnut weekly last week and so I now have a full 2 week period to throw a spotlight upon.
Am I spoiled for choice regarding the various wingnut proclamations? Very much so yes, but that remains true when I am reviewing just one week.
Let’s dive right in.
Wingnut proclamations from the last
7 14 days
Here for your enjoyment is my latest selection of wingnut gems, this time covering the last 14 days instead of just 7. It has all been mined from the stream of befuddled right-wing / religious proclamations …
The Cult of Trump ..
- Mark Taylor: Trump Must Make a ‘High-Profile Arrest’ Soon to Prevent Civil Unrest … “…has been predicting for years that Trump will unleash a wave of arrests and put on trial thousands of high-level cannibalistic satanic pedophiles, allegedly including even Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton“
- This nut has been banging this drum for literally years. New year = same old rants
- Evangelicals for Trump Host Says God Raised Up Trump as Part of Plan for End Times, Second Coming
- God Put Trump in Office, But Prophesy Will Not Return Him Without Voter Registration and Turnout, Lance Wallnau Says
- Josh Bernstein thinks that the bonkers letter that Trump sent House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may … “go down in history as one of the greatest letters ever written by a president.”
- Sandy Rios declares that God is protecting Trump: … “I think there is a supernatural thing going on here. In think God is on the side of truth and justice, and I think right now Donald Trump is on the side of truth and justice. I think God likes men like that.”
- Laurie Cardoza-Moore: Trump Is ‘Willing to Live His Faith Unlike Any Other Leader I Have Ever Seen in History’ …
- In the sense that he believes himself to be a God, then yes, he lives a life of faith in himself.
- Rick Joyner declares that President Donald Trump would have been “in rebellion against God if [he] did not avenge evil” by assassinating Qassem Soleimani.
- Kenneth Copeland tells Christians that Trump’s immoral behavior is none of their business because they are just supposed to pray for him.
Rage of the Trumpvangelicals ..
- Religious Right Slams Christianity Today Over Impeachment Editorial… “On Sunday, Christianity Today published a response to critics of Galli’s editorial, refuting the claims about the magazine as a repository of leftism made by Trump and his religious-right allies and arguing that “the alliance of American evangelicalism with this president has wrought enormous damage to Christian witness” and harmed perceptions of the “Bride of Christ,” as religious followers sometimes refer to the broader Christian church.“
- Cliff Kincaid is mad at Christianity Today for calling for Trump’s impeachment but not attacking Pete Buttigieg: … “In contrast to the matter of whether Trump’s phone call about Ukraine was right or wrong, the issue of homosexual behavior and the Bible is not debatable.”
- The consumption of shellfish as an abomination within the bible is also not debatable, and is apparently not such a burning issue.
Homophobia on Steroids ..
- Andrew Bieszad is not a fan of Trump because the president hasn’t used the power of his office to destroy the … “sodomite agenda” … “He was given his chance, and he proved himself to be a failure, and now he is marketing himself to the world not just as the leader of the US, but as practically an ambassador and evangelist for sodom.”
- Rodney Howard-Browne says that Christians were justified in voting for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton in 2016 because while Trump may have had multiple affairs, Clinton is a lesbian.
- The ever so tiny little flaw here is that his claim is utter BS.
Rebellion Against God …
- Rick Wiles says that the founding of the state of Israel in 1948 was an act of rebellion against God.
- Liz Crokin Predicts That Tom Hanks Will Soon Be Arrested for Involvement in Occult Pedophilia
- … and I predict that she will once again be wrong, as she always is.
Folks who make the Top 10 list of utter plonkers …
- Scott Lively made a list of the “top 10 pro-family heroes of 2019” … and included himself on that list.
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- TV Youth Pastor Gets 1,008 Years in Prison for Sexually Abusing Kids
- Bishops React to Australia Drought By Extending “Pray for Rain” Campaign
- Ultra-Conservative Catholic Order Admits Its Founder Sexually Abused 60 Kids
- Bethel Church Finally Admits a Dead Child Will Not Be Resurrected
- Dave Daubenmire: I Went to a Zoo and Saw How Interracial Marriage Is Wrong
- Data Shows White Evangelicals Are Just as Cruel as Donald Trump on Immigration
- A Teen Allegedly Killed an Abusive Priest by Jamming a Crucifix Down His Throat
- Cardinal Accused of Sexual Abuse Gave Out $600,000 to Fellow Catholic Leaders
- An Alabama Woman’s House Burned Down, But Don’t Worry, Her Bible is Okay
- 900+ Priests Were Left Off the Catholic Church’s Lists of Alleged Predators
- Christian Minister: A Boy at My Youth Camp Literally Flew Through the Air
- Credible evidence for this claim is literally missing
- Christian Health Insurance Companies Are Still Screwing Over Customers
- Any organisation claiming “Christian” is a big bold flashing red flag
- Trump Tells Gullible Evangelical Crowd That God is “On Our Side” During Rally
- Christian Radio Host: Michelle Obama is “a Dude Who Looks Like Chewbacca”
Sometimes folks do take a stand for decency …
- Christian Post Editor Quits Over Pro-Trump Editorial Blasting Christianity Today