What happens when you elect the wingnut brigade to office is rather unique?
Over the centuries of its existence the US has invoked many different emotions from other nations. For example, envy, anger, or admiration. Never before in the entire history of the US has an administration managed to invoke one specific reaction until now. Gone is respect, dignity, and warmth, instead what we now reap is pity.
The big news of the past week was the indictment of Bannon and others for fraud. Trump of course denies any involvement, but he is on record as officially blessing the project. They even used his endorsement to harvest funds. To quote the Washington post commenting on the indictment …
This all couldn’t be happening to a nicer bunch of grifters.
They really are just a bunch of con artists. This indictment is yet one more data point that verifies that such a claim is not just an opinion but a legal fact.
What new absurdities have been promoted this past week?
Let’s take a look.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
Here are some of the highlights this week…
The Cult Of Trump
- Scott Lively proclaims that … “reelecting President Trump is not a political choice but an act of self-defense for every American who loves the Holy Bible and the U.S. Constitution.”
- The vast majority of Democrats are Christians. The different is that they are not gullible idiots, and do sincerely have some empathy.
- Josh Bernstein declares that … “President Trump should not sign any bill, at all, under any circumstances, that funds the Post Office.”
- Remind me again how the Trump voters get stuff delivered to their door?
- Dan Gainor is outraged that a reporter asked President Trump if he has any regrets about all of the lies he’s told since taking office: … “I would have been tempted to ask him, ‘Does your mother regret having given birth to you? Do you regret being an idiot?’”
- Trump is indeed truly unique. His well established track record consists of over 20,000 documented lies.
- Right-Wing Pastor Robert Henderson to Hold Election Prayer Rally to Prevent the ‘Antichrist Spirit’ from Defeating Trump
- With his belief that Trump is God’s chosen one, a Messiah, this pastor, along with many others, is quite literally running a rally to support the alternative to Christ, the anti-Christ.
- ’50 Day Fight’ Project Calls for Spiritual War Against Satan and His Demons to Reelect Trump
- It is perhaps natural for folks who have an imaginary friend to also have an imaginary enemy.
- Trump Admits He Moved the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem “For the Evangelicals”
- The controversial move was never about the Jewish people, he was simply pandering to the end-times fetishes of those that support him.
- Trump: “I Spoke to God About the Economy and He Trusts Me To Rebuild It“
- If you believe him, then you need help.
Kamala & Biden
No surprise at all to find claims like these popping up. Their standard play is the use of fear to manipulate …
- Lance Wallnau Says ‘Not Intelligent’ Kamala Harris Is Being Used by the Devil ‘To Take Trump Out’
- Eric Metaxas and Jenna Ellis: Joe Biden is Mentally Unfit and ‘Extremely Leftist’ Kamala Harris Picked for ‘Identity Politics’
- Frank Pavone asserts that … “not only can Catholics not vote for [Joe] Biden in good conscience, but they can’t vote for Democrats, period. And neither can anyone else.”
- Supporting the guy who grabs pussy’s and whose inaction and incompetence had led to a rapidly rising body count is not exactly the “good conscience” move.
- Jim Bakker continues to claim that he prophesied the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Matt Gaetz Speech Writing Consultant Likens COVID-19 Restrictions to ‘Crimes Against Humanity’
- He really thinks keeping people safe is a “crime”
- Mat Staver says that requiring mandatory vaccinations … “is absolutely un-American. It is not patriotic; it’s unconstitutional, it’s coercive, and it’s never happened before in America. We should never go down this road.”
- The life of Every Virus Matters
- After asserting that the restrictions California has put in place to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus are tyranny, David Lane proclaims that, … “In their wisdom and genius, the Founding Fathers created the Second Amendment to counter those who would transgress with ‘tyranny and discrimination.’”
- In his worldview public health policy literally equates to ‘tyranny and discrimination
- Trump Lawyer Jenna Ellis Backs California Church Defying Public Health Restrictions From ‘Tyrant’ Gov. Newsom
- He really is trying to kill all his supporters.
- Religious-Right Radio Hosts Say God Allowed Louie Gohmert to Get COVID-19 to Show the Effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine
- The only problem God now faces is that Hydroxychloroquine does not actually work.
- Infowars Personality ‘Millie’ Weaver Arrested on Felony Charges, Fans Shower Her With Cash … “Millicent “Millie” Weaver, a personality who operates under conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ Infowars umbrella, was arrested Friday on three felony charges: robbery, tampering with evidence, and obstructing justice. Weaver was also charged with domestic violence, a misdemeanor. Weaver’s fans have already compiled a six-figure cash sum to gift to Weaver upon her release.“
- Clearly her fans are supporters of robbery, evidence tampering, and much more.
- James Robison says that the 2020 election is a choice between … “the life and death of freedom.
- He is correct, it really is … but the right solution is not his.
- QAnon Conspiracy Theorist Mark Taylor Knows Why Trump Dodged the Question About QAnon …“They want Trump on the record supporting Q before they pull their false flag,”
- This is the guy who has a track record of predicting things and has so far been 100% wrong every single time. Being that wrong is quite an impressive feat.
- Dave Hayes, who has built an entire career out of being a leading “QAnon researcher” under the online moniker Praying Medic, insists that he’s not a conspiracy theorist.
- He thinks that those that label him a conspiracy theorist are part of a conspiracy.
Stuff that is so utterly bizarre it is self-parody …
- Josh Bernstein declares that the voting age should be raised to at least 25 years old and that all voters should be required to show photo I.D. and proof of income.
- Curt Landry says “the liberals, the progressives, and most of the Democratic Party hates the church, that’s why it’s the most important time to get out and vote biblical principles.”
- “Biblical principles” = slavery, no shellfish, and guys having lots of concubines
- Alex Jones and DeAnna Lorraine Say Michelle Obama Is a Man and Bill Gates Is an Alien
- Josh Bernstein alleges that Steve Bannon was arrested for fraud because of President Donald Trump’s attacks on the U.S. Postal Service and mail-in voting.
- I suspect the fraud just might have been the actual reason.
- Greg Locke has uncovered the satanism hidden in the DNC logo.
- This is the preacher who famously cheated on his wife with the church secretary and packed the wife and children on a bus out of town so he could focus on the sinful delights of his new girlfriend. His first wife also spoke out about the physical abuse he heaped upon her. This guy is not exactly an angel that anybody should be listening to.
- Jim Garlow says he couldn’t even watch the DNC because he … “cannot stomach the lies” … “It feels … (how do I say this nicely?) …demonic.”
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land last week?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is good, some sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- Watch This Insane Megachurch Celebrate Its Rejection of Masks and Distancing
- What could possibly go wrong? …Here is an actual example of the road they are walking down; South Korean Pastor, Whose Church Has 300+ COVID Cases, Tests Positive for Virus
More weird claims …
- Mike Huckabee: The USPS Scandal is a Democratic Distraction… Just Like COVID
- COVID is really not a “Democratic Distraction”, nor is what is going on in the USPS.
The Catholic Church …
- SC Catholic Diocese Makes Teachers Sign Waivers Promising Not to Sue Over COVID
- They really are well versed in making everything worse
- Catholic Diocese Fights Abuse Survivor All the Way to Supreme Court of Canada
- Why would they do this?
- Lying Evangelist Franklin Graham: There Was an “Absence of God” at the DNC
- Are you kidding me?! The DNC was practically a church service!
Twilight Zone Bizarre …
- Pastor: There’s a Rise in Paranormal Activity Due to Camera Pixels… Somehow
- It really makes no sense at all.
- Conservative Christians Warn of “Dangerous” Disney Cartoon with Bisexual Lead
Sometimes surprisingly good things do happen …
Bonus Item – Kamala Harris tweets Sarah Cooper
Sarah Cooper was part of the #DemConvention2020 broadcast …