The big bombshell tossed into the wingnut camp this past week was Bolton’s book. For most of us it is simply not a surprise, it confirms much of what we already knew about Trump. There are still of course some rather stunning revelations such as …
- Trump asked China to use its economic power to help him win a second election.
- “Xi said the US had too many elections, because he didn’t want to switch away from Trump, who nodded approvingly.”
- The Turkish president, Erdoğan, gave Trump a memo claiming that a Turkish firm under investigation in the US was innocent. “Trump then told Erdoğan he would take care of things, explaining that the southern district prosecutors were not his people, but were Obama people, a problem that would be fixed when they were replaced by his people.”
- Trump was approving when Xi defended China’s internment of Uighur Muslims in detention camps. “According to our interpreter,” Bolton writes, “Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do.”
- Trump defended Saudi Arabia to distract from a story about Ivanka. His daughter Ivanka used her personal email for government business. “This will divert from Ivanka,” Trump reportedly said. “If I read the statement in person, that will take over the Ivanka thing.”
- Bolton claims he received a note from the secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, after Trump’s 2018 meeting with North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, simply saying, “He is so full of shit.”
- Trump once asked if Finland was part of Russia, and repeatedly mixed up the current and former presidents of Afghanistan.
- Trump said invading Venezuela would be “cool”, and that the country was “really part of the United States”.
If McConnell somehow succeeds in preventing Bolton from testifying to Congress after all this, there can no longer be even any pretence that the trial is on the level, or that an acquittal along party lines is anything other than an abject display of political cowardice and self-abasement by the current generation of Republican senators.
Let’s take a look at what else has been happening this past week amongst the wingnut community..
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
It is all very much everything you might expect and a lot more. Here are some of the highlights …
The Cult Of Trump
- Janet Porter thanks God every day for giving us such a brilliant president and calls on Christians to pray for Trump 24/7.
- “Brilliant” is not exactly the word that springs to mind
- ‘Prophetic’ Frank Amedia Claims God Is Planning September Surprise to Stop Trump Slump
- Can’t the maker of the entire universe simply rig the election, it would be a lot simpler.
- Mark Taylor declares that President Donald Trump is a prophet.
- Self-appointed false prophet declares somebody else to be a prophet
- If you send a donation to Gordon Klingenschmitt, he’ll give you a golden coin featuring President Donald Trump to help remind you to pray for the president in this election year.
- I’d be guessing that his “Golden” coin is a 10 cent chocolate one.
- Bill Mitchell Claims ‘There Is No Systemic Racism in America’
- White guy announces that he is in denial of the daily reality for many
- Josh Bernstein calls on President Donald Trump to designate Black Lives Matter a terrorist organization.
- Apparently a demand for equal rights is such a threat to this guy that it is akin to terrorism
- He really is terrified. He also announced that he will be hosting a “tactical training” session for his followers on the use of guns and hand-to-hand combat in case they have to defend themselves from antifa.
- Frosty Wooldridge has an idea on how to address the issue of racism: “Why not separate the races in America?”
- … because that worked so well in South Africa.
- Charlie Kirk and Rob McCoy Denounce Black Lives Matter and Pastors Participating in Anti-Racism Protests
- If they are hostile to opposition to racism, then what can we conclude about them?
- House Republican leaders have denounced Georgia GOP candidate Marjorie Taylor Greene, not because she has voiced support for the far-right QAnon conspiracy theory, but because Politico reported that she had made racist, Islamophobic, and anti-Semitic remarks in a series of Facebook videos.
- Ben Shapiro thinks that high school students who call out their peers’ racism on social media are not being a “decent” human beings. Instead, Shapiro suggests that these students correct racism privately.
- Mark Taylor Says Black Men Are Hanging Themselves to Stoke Racial Division and Prevent Trump’s Reelection
- He is literally blaming the victims
- Josh Bernstein declares that Black Lives Matter is “a bunch of Marxist, America-hating gangsters and thugs who want to destroy America, kill all cops, rob, loot, and steal from the American people all in the name of social justice.”
- The ever so subtle flaw here is that BLM are the American people.
Way beyond just Bizarre
- Dave Hayes (aka “The Praying Medic”) is threatening to sue YouTube and/or get the local U.S. Attorney to prosecute the company for putting conspiracy theory disclaimers on his QAnon videos.
- A simpler solution might be to stop putting up unfounded conspiracy claims in his videos
- Additionally, Dave Hayes Claims Q Foiled the Deep State’s Plan to Use Protests as Cover to Remove Trump From Office … “plan to use the George Floyd protests as cover to storm the White House“
- Remind me again who gassed people outside the White House just to get a photo op. It is the people inside who are storming out, not the folks outside storming in.
The LGBTQ Rights fan club
- Outraged about the Supreme Court decision protecting LGBTQ rights, Dave Daubenmire went on a rant about Jews.
- E.W. Jackson is equally outraged by the decision: …. “This is beyond disgusting. It is a declaration of war on the American people, our businesses, culture, Constitution and our Judeo-Christian values.”
- David Lane fumes over the recent Supreme Court decision protecting LGBTQ rights: “God alone determines what is good and evil, regardless of the version of ‘truth’ upon which five secular U.S. Supreme Court Justices can agree any given day … For more than 100 years, U.S. Supreme Court Justices have been in the business of offending God’s standards of conduct.”
- Family Research Council prays against the ruling: ….“Father, nothing but your heavenly intervention and aid can turn back the darkness we face, but you have called us for such a time as this. May each and all of us who call you Lord humble ourselves before you and consecrate ourselves afresh to you and to do your will. Help us to hear your voice as never before and to act on you word. Intervene, Lord, open the eyes of your people. We must arise as one person to prayer and action. Lead and guide us to win back our nation to you!”
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is good, some sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- Former Liberty U. Staffer Ousts “Bigfoot Erotica” Author in Virginia GOP Primary
- Preacher Denounces Vaccines, Saying Doctors Want to “Circumvent God’s Creation”
- He appears to doing his very best to lead his sheep to the slaughterhouse
- Catholic Composer David Haas Accused of “Sexually Predatory & Abusive Behavior”
- Even the music in Catholic churches may be covering up a story of sexual abuse.
- To No One’s Surprise, More Coronavirus Outbreaks Are Traced Back to Churches
- How many more stories like this will we be seeing?
- Christian Mommy Blogger: Black Lives Matter is Drawing People Away from Jesus
- Dismantling traditional power structures doesn’t sit well with Christian Karen over here.
- A Christian Band Co-Opted the Site of George Floyd’s Murder to Win Converts
- This is shameful even by Christian standards.
- A Pastor Wants to Replace “White Privilege” With the “White Blessing” of Slavery
- If the concept of “white privilege” makes some white people uncomfortable, good.
- Franklin Graham on Supreme Court’s LGBTQ Ruling: “My Rights Should Be Protected”
- Equal rights for others doesn’t mean fewer rights for Franklin Graham. It’s not pie.
- Christian Pastor: Louisiana’s Cockfighting Ban Violates My Religious Freedom
- Rev. Lloyd Plumbar says a specific form of animal cruelty is justified because of a verse in Genesis.
- After Outbreak at CA Church That Defied Corona Order, Members Refuse Tracing
- The pastor, of course, takes no responsibility for what happened.
- CT Priests Ascend Tower to Pray COVID Away, and the Local Paper Live-Streams It
- Praying to eliminate the virus won’t work on the ground. Why would it work at a higher elevation?
- AZ Sheriff Wouldn’t Enforce the Lockdown. Guess What He Just Came Down With.
- I’m guessing that you can successfully guess the answer.
- Coronapalooza: Trump Lemmings Descend on Tulsa and Will Gladly Die for Their Man
- The rally is a “teeming petri dish inside a wrecking ball,” according to one journalist.
- As for how the rally went – it has been a complete disaster.
- Christian “Satire” Site Babylon Bee Celebrates Juneteenth With Racist Article
- The racist article includes lines like, “Just please don’t steal the sauces and we’ll be cool.”
It is not just the US
You might be tempted to think that the US has a monopoly on wingnuttery. This is not the case, there is some rather strong competition out there.
At Brazil’s Geracao Jesus Cristo church, Pastor Tupirani da Hora Lores urged his congregation to join him in calling for the eradication of Jewish people this past week …
“Massacre the Jews, God, hit them with your sword, for they have left God, they have left the nations,” Pastor Tupirani da Hora Lores shouted at dozens of congregants earlier this month… a recording of the event shows. His congregants are heard repeating his words passionately.
“They contrived, went with prostitutes, and when they were told to repent they said they’d do it but they lied,” the pastor said, possibly in reference to the forced conversions to Christianity during the Inquisition.
“God, what you have done in World War II, you must do again, this is what we ask for in our prayers to you: Justice, justice, justice!” da Hora Lores shouted at his church, a small and radical evangelical congregation.
This guy is quite literally praying for another Holocaust to come.
Here is one of the videos produced by Writer/Comedian Sarah Cooper …