Nobody seriously expects the senate to actually impeach Mr T. With a clear decisive GOP majority then you do have to wonder why the entire process was initiated, and what the point of it all was.
The answer is this.
It was an education process for the wider public. What has been delivered is a clear demonstration that the GOP is completely and utterly corrupt. Facts don’t matter to them, and justice does not matter to them. Evidence and witnesses need to be ignored and not considered. Regardless of what might be said within various official speeches, this is now the actual state of the union.
And so it continues. Below is the latest selection.
You can of course make a difference and change things. You chance to do that is coming in November.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
Here for your enjoyment is this week’s selection of wingnut gems. It has all been mined from the stream of befuddled right-wing / religious proclamations …
The Cult of Trump ..
- How Trump Transformed Mat Staver’s Understanding of What Constitutes an Impeachable Offense
- The degree of computing power needed to calculate the fluid dynamics of the shifting standards that some embrace is quite franking astrological (because it is unbelievable)
- Steve Strang: Trump Has ‘Become Our Champion’ Even Though ‘He’s Not Exactly a Choir Boy’
- He is not simply any narcissistic buffoon, he is their narcissistic buffoon.
- Robert Jeffress can’t find one fault with President Donald Trump: “I like everything about him.”
- I can only conclude that Mr Jeffress is into pussy grabbing, and does not see any problem with it.
- Rodney Howard-Browne declares that “compared to the Democratic candidates, [Trump] is like an angel with wings.”
- Glenn Beck spent all of 2016 calling Trump a dangerous “psychopath” who must never be allowed to become president, but now that Beck supports the president, the two have made up and are on friendly speaking terms.
- White Supremacists Treated Trump’s New Jersey Rally as Fertile Recruiting Ground
Alternative Facts are in full flight ..
- Not Her First Cover-Up: Trump Impeachment Defense Adviser Pam Bondi
- Do you have experience covering up corruption? … if you do then there is a legal team looking for you to join them.
- Bryan Fischer continues to compare Trump to Jesus: “Just as the trial of Jesus was built on manufactured evidence, so the impeachment of the president is based on a twisted and mangled version of his actions.”
- ‘Heaven’s Gavel’ Has Fallen on Impeachment, Says Pro-Trump ‘Prophet’ Jon Hamill … “I’m not seeking to be political here, or tell anyone how to vote.” … he then proceeds to do exactly that.
- Wayne Grudem offers this novel argument as to why President Donald Trump should not be impeached: “Is it wrong to investigate possible wrongdoing by someone’s political opponent? Apparently the Democrats do not think so, because the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives has been investigating President Trump for the entire past year.”
- Rodney Howard-Browne: Jesus Would Have ‘Beat the Crap’ Out of John Bolton
- He soon deleted this tweet.
- Josh Bernstein says the only way that witnesses should be allowed to appear during the Senate impeachment trials of President Donald Trump is if the witnesses called by Republicans are stripped of their Fifth Amendment rights.
- Bolton’s Book Is Sign of ‘Demonic Battle’ in Washington, Says Trump ‘Prophet’ Lance Wallnau
- John Horvat II says that Christianity represents the only hope of “overthrowing abortion [and the] LGBT reign of terror.”
- Dave Daubenmire insists that his assertion that Meghan Markle “poisoned” the royal bloodline by virtue of being half black was in no way racist.
- Rick Wiles Blames ‘News Nazis’ in the ‘Jewish-Controlled News Media’ for Allegation That He’s Anti-Semitic
- Chris McDonald thinks the coronavirus outbreak is just a scam created to trick people into getting vaccinated.
- Rick Wiles: The Coronavirus Is an End Times Plague Sent by God to Purge the World of Sin
- Bill Deagle declares that the coronavirus outbreak is a sign that the End Times have arrived: “Today, January 27, 2020, is the first day of the Apocalypse. We’re in it now.”
- Perry Stone warns that the coronavirus outbreak is a foreshadowing of the End Times: “When the Apocalypse reveals how millions of people will die by the ‘beasts of the field,’ we can now see how this is possible … When you see these types of tragedies, diseases, viruses and pestilences, the strange and unusual words in the Apocalypse become more clear.”
- Unmitigated conspiracy theorist Chris McDonald insists that he is not one to float baseless conspiracies, …. but ….. he just has to wonder if Hillary Clinton may have killed Kobe Bryant to distract Americans from the impeachment trial.
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- Christian Website: The Bible Says an Asteroid Will Crash Into Earth in 2029
- Evangelist Franklin Graham Banned from Liverpool Venue for Preaching Hate
- Priest Who Tied Up, Blindfolded, and Threw Boy in Closet Gets 60 Days in Jail
- “Hymn for the 81%” Calls Out Conservative Christians Who Still Support Trump
- Jerry Falwell, Jr. Wants Virginia Counties to “Secede” and Join West Virginia
- KY GOP State Senator With Gay Son Backs Bill to Ban “Conversion Therapy Torture”
- E.W. Jackson, Who Called Obama a Dictator, Says We Can’t Call Trump a Dictator
- TN Gov. Signs Law Letting Christian-Run Adoption Agencies Reject Gay Parents
- William Barr: There’s a “Militant Secular Effort” to Suppress Religion
- He’s lying. Again.
- Rick Wiles: God Sent the Coronavirus Because Parents Are “Transgendering” Kids
- Mississippi Lawmaker Wants to Force Kids to Say Christian Prayers in School
- Evangelical Church Leaders Arrested on Charges of Human Trafficking
- The scam was intended to fund the leader’s “lavish lifestyle.”
- It’s No Exaggeration: Sweeping South Dakota Bill Aims to Eliminate LGBTQ Rights