The above Rob Rogers cartoon might appear to be exaggerated. The GOP however has long ago ceased to care about either truth, integrity, facts or even honesty. You really don’t need to have any supernatural abilities to predict how it will play out in the hands of this elected wingnut brigade.
The past is often the best roadmap for the future.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
Here for your enjoyment is this week’s selection of wingnut gems. It has all been mined from the stream of befuddled right-wing / religious proclamations …
The Cult of Trump ..
- FRC Argues Trump’s Killing of Iranian General Was Biblically Justified
- Owning slaves is also “Biblically Justified”
- For God and Big Oil: Lance Wallnau Promotes Congressional Candidate Jeff McFarlin
- Flying the “Guns, God and Oil” flag tends to get the Gullible saluting you in some districts
- God told Cindy Jacobs that if President Donald Trump didn’t assassinate Iranian General Qassem Soleimani, “it was going to be a bloodbath”: “Because of what the Lord showed me, I feel the president made the right decision to go in and make that strike. It was pre-emptive and saved many American lives.”
- God told me that Cindy is lying, and that he said no such thing. The evidence I have for saying this is just as solid as hers is.
- Tony Perkins defends evangelical support for Trump on the grounds that no president in modern history has a better record: “Whether it’s the sanctity of human life or the promotion of religious freedom — here and around the world — or the appointment of judges bound to the Constitution, there’s absolutely no comparison. What this president has done in the last three years matters. So shouldn’t it be relevant to Christians as they vote?”
- The kids locked into cages have a rather different opinion … as does everybody else who has some basic human empathy left.
- Josh Bernstein thinks that President Donald Trump should take out Iran’s political and military leaders with a drone strike and send in 10,000 to 15,000 U.S. troops to arm and train the Iranian people—which is a plan that he thinks would leave Iran with a free country in 30 days.
- What could possibly go wrong with that brilliant plan?
- Frank Turek complains that “no president in our history deserves 93 percent negative coverage. Satan would get better coverage.”
- I’ll agree with Frank. No previous president deserves as much negative coverage as the current buffoon does.
- Brenden Dilley vows that he will never criticize Trump for anything he does, even when criticism is warranted.
- Translation: Mr Dilley acknowledges that he has a cult like devotion to the idiot-in-chief.
- Rick Wiles’ TruNews network has been banned from PayPal due to Wiles’ rabid anti-Semitism. He is upset about this and is dishing out blame – yep you guessed it, he blamed the Jews for his ban.
Fan Clubs …
The democrat party fan club
- Brenden Dilley says that “the Democrat party needs to be classified as a terrorist organization.”
- Jerry Falwell Jr. says he will “call for civil disobedience” if Democrats in Virginia enact gun control legislation.
Barack Obama fan club ..
- Chris McDonald suggests that the downing of a Ukrainian airplane in Iran was done to cover up corruption by former president Barack Obama.
Hillary Clinton Fan Club ..
- Rick Wiles: Hillary Clinton Intended to Put Conservatives in Concentration Camps
- In 2015 she spoke at the American Camp Association’s annual conference, where she told the audience that “there’s a huge fun deficit in America” and that it would be great if there were “camps for adults” where people could come together, have fun, and learn get along. Wiles plays a clip from that speech and then claimed she was talking about concentration camps for conservatives. – he knows the actual context, he is deliberately and fraudulently distorting it.
Stuff that blew up my Irony meter …
- Scott Lively says that there is no point in debating progressives “because they share a worldview in which logic and reason have no ultimate grounding in objective reality.”
- Chris McDonald, who routinely uses his nightly YouTube program to accuse everyone from Adam Schiff to Tom Hanks of being a pedophile, is very upset about those who use social media to baselessly slander people.
Supernatural claims …
- Bryan Fischer warns that UFOs are just a “ruse of Satan” to distract us from the coming End Times.
- UFO’s and Satan are perhaps connected, both are imaginary and not actually real.
- David Lane declares that “what is happening in America is spiritual, not political. Anti-God forces are attempting to impose their rules for public discourse, excluding Christendom from taking a public stand against sin.”
- Yet strangely enough “Grabbing them by the pussy” is not a problem at all.
- Dave Daubenmire: Meghan Markle ‘Infiltrated’ and ‘Poisoned” the Royal Bloodline
- If you are wondering what his beef is, he is basically being a racist twit. His objection is that it is an interracial marriage.
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
- Preacher John Piper Tells Young Man That His Sex Dreams Are a Sign from God
- Nebraska Gov. Issues Proclamation Urging People to Pray for an “End to Abortion”
- Woman Charged After Threatening To Bomb School For Acknowledging Same-Sex Unions
- Christian “Prophetess”: Heaven Has a “Portal” So Your Dead Relatives Can See You
- Christian Moms Whine About Burger King Ad in Which Man Says “Damn, That’s Good”
- Circuit Court OKs Dismissal of Juror Who Claimed God Said Suspect Wasn’t Guilty
- Jim Bakker: “I Know I’m Not Wrong” That God Will Soon Destroy a Bunch of Cities
- Christian School Expels Girl for Wearing Rainbow Sweater on Her Birthday
- E.W. Jackson: U.S. Liberals Are Totally the Same as the North Korean Regime
- Listen to Christian Scamvangelist Benny Hinn Brag About a Magical Healing School
- Don’t bother asking for proof. Just hand over your money.