When faced with wingnut claims you might wonder what these people are really like. If you want to know that, then don’t listen to what they say, simply observe what they actually do.
How they treat others that are different is the one test that you can be certain will truly reveal who they really are.
What new absurdities have been promoted by the merry band of lunatics this past week?
Let’s take a look so that we can laugh at it all.
Wingnut proclamations from the last 7 days
Here are some of the highlights this week…
The Cult Of Trump
- Mary Colbert declares that Trump, just like Jesus, attacks people and calls them names and you can’t take offense at it “because you don’t want to take offense to Jesus.”
- When you consider all his actions and words, the thought “Just like Jesus” is not exactly one that any normal person would go to.
- Mario Murillo Claims God Sent Trump to ‘Rescue’ People From Democrats
- God has sent Biden to rescue us all from Trump.
- Wayne Grudem argues that President Donald Trump is a man of good character because “he has raised outstanding children” and exhibits “deep care for people of all walks of life.”
- Trump does indeed deeply and passionately care … about just himself. His adult Children are indeed “outstanding”, but not in a good way.
- Scott Lively declares that Oct 19 is national “Drop the Masks” Day: “A statement of patriotic defiance of tyrannical government overreach and am calling upon every freedom-loving American to simply refuse to wear a facemask on that day.”
- All Viruses matter
- DeAnna Lorraine insists that if anyone tests positive for COVID-19 after attending one of President Donald Trump’s rally “it’s probably a paid leftist, or it’s a hoax.”
- Tragically … real people pass real tests.
- Michael Brown Says BLM Calling Out Names of the Dead Is ‘Witchcraft’
- Will he soon be calling for witches to be burnt?
- Rick Joyner declares that Christians must take a stand against Black Lives Matter because the organization is “the KKK of this time.”
- I’m not exactly convinced that citing the KKK is an example that will persuade any members of BLM to embrace his viewpoint.
Conspiracy Claim News …
- Michele Bachmann Claims Biden Will Collapse the U.S. Economy and Impose Communism … “For people who know their Bible, this is exactly what the prophets told us,”
- Her “evidence” is that the bible says so, a book that does not even know that the US exists, or that the world is not flat.
Deployment of fraudulent claims …
- E.W. Jackson Falsely Claims California Is Set to Legalize Pedophilia
- Facts really don’t matter to him, he just deploys fake claims to drum up support.
- Mike Huckabee Tells Evangelical Prayer Warriors Churches Will Be Shut Down If They Don’t Vote
- Raw and very blatant lies designed to use fear to manipulate the gullible.
The unhinged fringe are becoming even more unhinged and frantic because they can no doubt smell defeat and relegation to the back benches of obscurity and irrelevance…
- Scott Lively believes the entire “Me Too” movement was cooked up simply to prevent Roy Moore from being elected to the U.S. Senate.
- The best argument against Roy Moore being in the senate is Roy Moore
- Until President Donald Trump came along, Brenden Dilley was broke and deeply in debt, and convinced that it was all former President Barack Obama’s fault. Recently, Dilley’s efforts to repair his credit score ran into some complications, which he is convinced were caused by someone at Chase Bank personally targeting him because he’s a Trump supporter.
- No politics needed, just his credit data.
- Lou Engle warns that the United States is locked in “a 40-day war with the spirit of Jezebel” heading into the election as President Donald Trump is under attack from witchcraft, Marxism, and demonic spirits.
- I’m intrigued by his claim that it is a war of exactly 40 days against demons. It is also fascinating that he spins ancient mythology to create a modern mythology.
- Cliff Kincaid declares that “unlike the Islamic perpetrators of 9/11 and the anthrax mailings, the Chinese want to avoid responsibility and retaliation for what they have done to the American people and the world” with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Evidence that COVID-19 is not natural – zero.
- Jim Bakker urges conservative Christians to vote their faith in this election because the other side is “voting for their faith, and their faith is Satan worship.”
- Quick reminder – this is the guy who went to jail for using religion to con people. The observation that he is a con artist is not an opinion, it is a legal fact.
- Pat Robertson asserts that current events are a sign that we are closer than ever to the return of Jesus Christ.
- Believers have been promising the return of Jesus for the last 2,000 years. Jesus even told his own followers that it would happen in their lifetime.
- George Barna Claims ‘Spiritual Deficiency’ To Blame for ‘Collapse of American Society’
- How exactly do you measure “Spiritual” and thus determine there is a deficiency, what does that even mean?
- Josh Bernstein Says 90 Percent of Professional Athletes ‘Are Absolutely Criminal Thugs’
- I’m guessing that he is not a sports fan.
- Glenn Beck warns that left-wing activists have put all the pieces in place to start a civil war in November.
- They are turning up to vote, what exactly will he be turning up to do?
- Dave Daubenmire demands to know … “how can anyone ever have any confidence in our Federal institutions if no one heads to the gallows? Literally…to the gallows. Some Deep State officials should forfeit their lives for the crap they have pulled over the past several years.”
- For this guy the reign of terror in France is a wet dream.
Good News Items
- YouTube Finally Took Down the Channels of Christian Hate-Pastor Steven Anderson …
- He took being obnoxious to a new high. Dumping his YouTube channel is a big win and puts him on the road to complete irrelevance and obscurity.
What else came out of the Wingnut fantasy land last week?
Lots of other stuff.
As always, it is an endless stream. Some of it is good, some sad, some is rather grim, and some is quite frankly hilarious. Here are a few more samples …
Trump updates from Michael Cohen…
- Michael Cohen: In 2016, Then-Candidate Trump Mocked Evangelicals After a Prayer
- “Can you believe people believe that bulls–t?” said Trump, privately, after Christians laid their hands on him in prayer.
- Michael Cohen: Falwell’s Endorsement of Trump Was Tied to Racy Pics of His Wife
- This explains a great deal. It was always a big surprise that Falwell Endorsed Trump who believe in nothing except himself instead of Ted Cruz, a guy who actually does believe.
The Catholic Church …
- Ignoring Trump’s Corruption, Priest Claims True Catholics™ Can’t Be Democrats
- Roughly half of all Catholic voters from 2016 beg to differ. Given the observation that Biden is Catholic and Trump is not anything, I would anticipate that number increasing.
- Duluth (MN) Bishop-Elect Resigns After Sexual Abuse Allegations Surface
- Does this even surprise anybody anymore?
- Thousands of People Attended a Christian Death Cult Preacher’s Concert in California
- Christianity has become a vector for the virus.
- KY GOP Lawmakers File Bill Blocking State from Making COVID Vaccine Mandatory
- These GOP lawmakers would rather protect the virus than their own constituents.
Bonus Item – Some Humour from George Hahn
Satirist George Hahn walks the streets of New York to gaze upon the horrifying nightmarish war-torn hellscape that exists in this out of control liberal bastion …
He has a few more works for others …