I’ve made the observation a few times that often it can be tempting to ponder over a topic and conclude “Nobody could possibly be that stupid”. Then, sure enough, up pop people who are quite determined to prove you quite wrong about that.
Who specifically am I referring to?
Blend right-wing politics with extreme religious fundamentalism, and what you end up with is the utterly bizarre and absurd being promoted as “truth”.
Do I mean belief vs non-belief?
Nope, there are plenty of people who are decent, honourable, and maintain a high degree of integrity. I’m referring to folks that toss such concepts to one side.
We are in what is a gullibility test on a national scale that sadly many do indeed fail.
Here I’m not specifically going after those that have been conned, but rather those that are knowingly promoting the lies in order to manipulate and deceive.
What daft claims have popped up this past week?
Let’s take a look at some of the truly jaw dropping highlights that illustrates that the most common commodity that is available in abundance is stupidity.
Proclamations from the last 7 days
The Cult Of Trump
- Mario Murillo Says Refusing to Accept Biden’s Victory Is a Test of Loyalty to God
- Being asked to accept or reject Biden’s Victory is a test of your grasp upon reality
- “prophetess” Kat Kerr bestowed a “mantle of presidential favor” and “governmental authority” upon “prophet” Hank Kunneman. Said mantle came in the form of a Trump 2020 banner
- She touched the hem of his garment.
- Johnny Enlow Says Trump Can Impose Martial Law to Arrest and Execute Those Trying to Steal the Election
- Nah, he can’t, this is just the latest bit of popular content-free bluster.
- Scott Lively declares that “Donald Trump should not vacate the White House unless he does so because he agrees he legitimately lost the election and was not cheated out of it through election fraud. If he knows the election was fraudulent and he really did win, he has a legal and moral duty to preserve the republic by implementing an election do-over.”
- Still waiting for any evidence of electoral fraud … so far … tumbleweed.
- Josh Bernstein proclaims that “we cannot and we will not accept [the election] results under any circumstances.”
- It’s not his decision to make, the voters have already decided.
- Pro-Trump ‘Prayer Warriors’ Declared in Wee Hours that ‘Valkyrie Will Fall’ and Trump Will Stay in Office
- It’s weird to see Christian mythology leaning upon Norse Mythology.
- Sam Rohrer Says the ‘Coup’ to Allegedly Steal the Election From Trump Is a Sign of the End Times
- It is the end-times … the end of an era of Trump incompetence and corruption.
- Jerome Corsi is urging people to participate in a “Jericho March” in Washington, D.C., and various state capitals as a form of “spiritual battle,” asserting that “God and Jesus Christ are not going to let this election be stolen” from President Donald Trump.
Media Fan club
- Rick Wiles hopes that President Donald Trump and Attorney General Bill Barr will line the traitors in the Democratic Party, news media, science, and academia up against a wall and shoot them “because that’s what they deserve.”
- I’m wondering how he will line “Science” up against the wall.
The Biden/harris Fan club
- Laurie Roth declares that “the real truth is that the DEMOCRAT left of today, with their dementia laden poster child Joe Biden obedient and sold out media, completely reflects the principles of Hitler.”
- Is she claiming that Biden will soon invade Poland?
- Rodney Howard-Browne warns that Joe Biden is leading “a communist takeover of the United States.”
- The popular claim is that Biden is both extreme right like Hitler, and also at the same time an extreme left communist. In essence both. I guess that means he is schrodinger’s president.
- Dutch Sheets Knows That God Does Not Want Joe Biden to Be President
- Meanwhile God advises that Dutch is a twit and does not speak for him.
- George Pearsons Says Vermont’s COVID-19 Restrictions Sound ‘Like Nazism’
- I don’t recall Nazism being a movement that strove to keep people safe
- DeAnna Lorraine is getting increasingly frustrated that she can’t manage to convince her family that COVID-19 is a hoax.
- The rapidly rising body count is a rather hard argument for her to beat.
- Brenden Dilley explains that he refuses to wear a mask to prevent the spread of COVID because he’s actually hoping to give the virus to “your fat, disgusting, fucking gross liberal mother.”
- Glenn Beck remains confident that he and his audience will save America because “there are armies in the spiritual realm who are working with us.”
- Why does the “Spiritual Realm” only have an army, where is the “Spiritual Realm” Navy and Airforce?
- Mark Taylor is now floating a bizarre conspiracy theory that “we have not had a president since 1871,” and that if Trump will simply “dissolve the corporation,” he will be allowed to serve two more terms in office.
- Just when you think he can’t get any weirder up he pops to prove you wrong.
This is what is has now come to …
This was their star witness (and yes, she appears to be in character for SNL and stoned) …
… but let’s finish on a high note … potentially better days are ahead …