This past week Sarah Palin stood for election to Congress in the special election in Alaska. We got the results on Wednesday.
Did she loose?
It has blown her mind that jumping on the Trump train for a ride back to relevance has fallen flat …
Within the above clip we can hear her say …”I mean, really? Alaskans want Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi?“
Via ranked choice voting we get to see exactly what happened …
What becomes rather clear is that within this deeply red district, almost a third of Republicans would rather hold their noses and vote for a Democrat than vote for Sarah Palin.
Returning to the clip above, the other big surprise is that she is still dressing (size-wise and fashion wise) as if it was 2008. I guess she shops in the same store that Ron DeSantis buys sport jackets in. Friendly Tip Sarah, buying stuff that actually fits is usually a good idea.
For over 50 years the seat has been Republican.
She lost the first round, and she lost the final round, so Mary Peltola is off to Congress. That’s a really good choice for Alaska, she will do a fine job.
The really good news here is that there appears to be a blue wave coming in Nov.
Moving on, below you will find my usual selection of some truly bizarre claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my various sources, let’s dive in.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene claims that we have “a generation of children that are just being attacked by Satan” because we’ve become a “soulless” nation “ever since God and prayer was taken out of public school.”
- This is a popular myth or to be a tad more honest, a lie. Students are free to pray alone or in groups. What happened in 1962 (yes 1962) is that SCOTUS ruled in Engel v. Vitale, 370 U.S. 421 that schools can’t impose prayer upon all because that breaches the first amendment. Funny how these folks support the first amendment for things they believe, but then also oppose it when they can’t impose their fanatical extreme beliefs upon everybody else.
- Absolutely nobody, except rabid religious fanatics, are making an issue of this.
- This is what happens when you can’t address actual problems. Instead you make stuff up and then attack that.
- Meanwhile, MTG is a true “Christian Nationalist”, in the sense that she is deeply into hypocrisy. This is the lady who was sleeping around with all the guys at her gym.
Mark Robinson, NC’s Christian nationalist Lt. Gov., tells Christians to stop reading the news: “When Jesus Christ comes back and is swinging that double-edged sword and riding that white horse, ABC can write all the stories they want to, but their entity is going down in flames.“
- Hey, I have a question, why does ABC have exclusive media rights to the Rapture, how did they manage to swing that one?
- Meanwhile, according to Mark Robinson, Jesus, who was well-known as a sword master, will use a sword to start a fire in a TV studio??? … this is not exactly a theology I’m familiar with.
- Given all this sword and white horse business, I really think he has Gandalf and Jesus mixed up.
Lance Wallnau says that Christian nationalists must gain influence in all aspects of society and “maybe the moment we do that, we could be like Hungary.” He then heaped praise on Hungary’s authoritarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán for being “a healthy dominionist.”
- He is literally saying the quiet part out loud. He wants a dictator. He welcomes fascism.
- The kicker here is that he is saying all this while literally sitting behind a giant bottle of scam supplements.
Biden 2019: “This is not who we are.” Biden 2022: “This is who some of y’all are.”
Racism on Steroids
White nationalist Dalton Clodfelter thinks that “Black people should be growing up in a society that glorifies white people” so that they’ll learn to be more grateful: “They should be thanking whites for slavery, quite frankly.”
- If you ever wondered, then yes, this level of stupidity does actually exist.
- This is a guy who has seen the attention that Nick Fuentes gets doing this and is attempting to mimic him. Problem is that he is so bad at it that it comes across as parody.
Teddy Daniels, who ran as a GOP candidate for lieutenant governor in Pennsylvania, and Eric Deters, a GOP candidate for governor in Kentucky, see nothing wrong with former President Donald Trump’s infamous “grab ’em by the p*ssy” comment: “The media left out this key word: They let you. … These were women that let you.”
- Trump was never talking about consent, but rather that nobody would do anything if they complained because he was rich and famous.
Newsmax host Grant Stinchfield appeared on a religious-right prayer call this week, where he asserted that “Satan has taken over” many Democratic leaders: “We actually have Satan at play here. We are being attacked by Satan.”
- When it comes to all that the GOP is and does these days … yep, that just about sums it up.
- She never has permitted reality or facts to intrude upon a good fantasy. As long as she continues to trash the actual GOP candidate and split the vote in Nov then I’m OK with this.
Eric Metaxas is promoting 2nd Vote, an effort “to stop companies and organizations from funding the attack on traditional American values” by helping right-wing consumers avoid patronizing businesses that “fund a number of causes, many of which are harming our families, our communities and our future.”
- This sounds a lot like organizing boycotts and “cancel culture.” … the stuff that Metaxas rants about on a regular basis.
Dennis Prager says that “women are disproportionately active in doing damage to our society.”
- Google show me somebody who has been divorced multiple times.
The False Profit$
Todd Coconato warns that God will punish those responsible for the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago and the “persecution” of former President Donald Trump: “Their crimes have reached the courts of heaven and a guilty verdict is coming down soon! Listen to this oh wicked and unruly people: Anything you do against the people of God or His anointed will boomerang back on you! If you indict, YOU will be indicted. Whatever you attempt to do against Gods people, or His anointed, will be done to you! If you arrest, you will be arrested. You are cursed by your evil doings.”
- Yes indeed please spare a prayer for all those poor persecuted criminals who are being harassed by the police, the FBI, and the DOJ, and aren’t being permitted to ignore the law.
- It is fascinating that Todd refers to Trump as the anointed one. The other word for that is “Messiah” or “Christ”. Remind me again what the bible says about the a false Christ who deceives many.
Sean Fuecht declares that Christians must “step out and confront the demonic schemes being pushed through the schools, the media and the government. We can confront the devil and the Left.”
- “We must impose our beliefs on everybody, even those who don’t believe what we believe” says religious facist who then declares “resist the evil of “education” … [shudders], (oh the horrors of leaning stuff and finding stuff out).
Earlier this year, right-wing pastor Kent Christmas prophesied that God was going to release a “death angel” to take out “evil” political leaders. During his Sunday sermon, Christmas reported that it will begin at the end of 2022.
- For anybody seriously concerned, the number of attempts by Kent to “predict” something might indeed have been many, but the number of times he was actually successful is exactly zero. That’s how this stuff works – press hot emotional buttons and then sit back as the donations roll in.
- Incidentally, this past week Kent Christmas reports that God will start miraculously regrowing arms and eyes and curing autism starting this fall. I have a prediction from God as well. I predict with 100% certainty that this will not happen. (Unlike his “predictions”, I’m actually right). I have to wonder if this is finally the long promised Trump healthcare plan.
QAnon conspiracy theorist Dave Hayes promises that “the storm is coming,”
- What is now laughably funny about this is that he has been claiming this on an almost daily basis since 2018.
- Did Dave Hayes by any chance graduate from the Harold Camping school of prophesy (Hit Tip if you remember that guy from back in 2011).
- Who wants to tell him that the “storm” is actually a blue wave?
QAnon conspiracy theorist and self-proclaimed “prophet” Johnny Enlow reports that the 2020 presidential election has been decertified in Heaven and that President Joe Biden has been replaced by an actor: “I tell you 100% it has happened.”
- Is this really a “Steve Schultz” test, is there actually anything that anybody could say that Steve Schultz will not just nod along to?
- Would the actor that has supposedly replaced him by any chance happen to be Ronald Reagan?
- This of course is the age old scam. When something predicted does not happen, the get-out card to play is to claim that it has actually happened, you simply can’t see it because it happened on a spiritual level
- Weird thing here is that I’m hearing something completely different from Jesus. He is telling me that Johnny is full of shit, does not speak for him, and that Biden is his guy.
- Ryan McCarthy @ Vox: Why the redacted affidavit for the search of Trump’s home is so concerning.
- Anne Nelson @ The New Republic: A Rare Peek Inside the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy.
- Hemant Mehta @ OnlySky: MI GOP nominates Satan-obsessed homophobe for Secretary of State.
- Brandon Gage @ Salon: Trump’s lawyer believes Mar-a-Lago raid happened because Liz Cheney lost primary.
- Travis Gettys @ Raw Story: ‘You’ve offended the lord’: Latinos for Trump leader fears ex-president suffering divine retribution.
- Mark Joseph Stern @ Slate: Ron DeSantis’ First Voter Fraud Bust Is Quickly Imploding.
- Paul Blest @ Vice News: Republicans Have Realized That Forcing People to Give Birth Is Wildly Unpopular.
- Ben Jacobs @ Vox: The DOJ’s latest filing has even more damning claims against Trump.
- Will Sommer @ The Daily Beast: Gavin McInnes Allies Believe Proud Boys Founder Faked Arrest.
- Mariana Alfaro @ The Washington Post: Trump vows pardons, government apology to Capitol rioters if he’s elected.
- AJ McDougall @ The Daily Beast: Sarah Palin Loses Special Election for U.S. House Seat to Democrat Mary Peltola
- Hemant Mehta @ OnlySky: White nationalist: After School Satan clubs are an ‘act of terrorism’
- Jonathon Cohn @ HuffPost: Republicans Are Scrambling To Obscure Their Records On Abortion.
- Joe Jervis: Oath Keepers Lawyer Arrested On Conspiracy Charges.
Statistic of the week
The Good liars on on form as usual …
But somebody else is in on the same game … I’ve no idea who did this …