Day 8 of the the Jan 6 committee took place on Thursday 21st July and brought us more new insights. here are a few quick highlights …
- Trump did not simply fail to act, he chose to not act. Instead he watched it all play out on TV and called nobody.
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley … “You know, you’re the Commander in Chief. You’ve got an assault going on on the Capitol of the United States of America and there’s nothing? No call? Nothing? Zero?“
- Pence’s security folks “were starting to fear for their own lives,” and that there were calls “to say goodbye to family members.“
- Presidential Actions were taken on Jan 6, not by Trump, but by Pence. He “worked the phones”. Milley said. “He was very animated, very direct, very firm to Secretary Miller: Get the military down here, get the Guard down here, put down this situation.“
- Cassidy Hutchinson’s previous evidence that Trump lunged at his Secret Service detail was confirmed by further new independent evidence from two more witnesses. There will be more evidence coming on this.
- New never seen before clips brought the 187 minutes to life.
No further public sessions have been scheduled. Cheney did explain that further sessions will be held in September after they have digested further emerging evidence.
Moving on, below you will find my usual selection of some truly bizarre claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my various sources, let’s dive in.
- I think in her case she was not running for office, but instead was running from it.
- The modern GOP coin flip – Heads I win, Tails it was stolen from me
- These days we are faced with many making that subtle transition from a political candidate seeking political donations to a just a full time grifter blaming boogeymen and needing your money
Rick Scarborough urges Christian parents to remove their children from public schools and then replace the teachers, administrators, and school board members with like-minded adults: “Why should we give this over to a lost world that hates God?”
- I never understand why those that believe identify “does not believe” as hate. It must take an astonishing degree in insecurity to make that leap.
- This perhaps also underlines the importance of participating in school board and local elections.
- What is also clear is that he appears to have confused indoctrination for education.
Laura Loomer received a $2,900 campaign donation from VDARE founder Peter Brimelow.
- If you are wondering why this pops up, then knowing that VDARE and Peter are so far to the right that they make Genghis Khan look like a soft socialist.
- You really need to be very very far out there to be actually throwing money at a nutter like Loomer, not even Nick Fuentes or Paul Gosar actually gave her any $$
- Basically, this is the GOP picking the nuttiest craziest most extreme candidate possible.
- Reminder: this is the guy who declared in 2014 that the Maryland General Assembly was no longer a legitimate governing body because its support for marriage equality violated God’s law, and that therefore none of the laws it passed were “legally valid and legally enforceable.”, and now the GOP are thinking, “Hey, you are the guy to be our Attorney General”, what could possibly go wrong.
- Also interestingly enough, back in 2013 he was denouncing the Republican Party and “their brand of worthless, Godless unprincipled conservatism.”, and now here he is as their candidate.
Lance Wallnau claims that “the left will use the term ‘Christian Nationalism’ to scare already intimidated Preachers.”
- Would this by any chance be the same Lance Wallnau, who proudly declares himself to be a Christian nationalist?
Christian hate-preacher Steven Anderson delivered a disturbing summary of Christian Nationalism. “We don’t want our country to be run by Muslims and Hindus and atheists.” They can only “co-exist” with the Christians in charge. All office holders, he adds, must accept Jesus.
- Guys like this don’t live in our reality, but instead live in Narnia.
- He wants religious freedom, but only for himself and nobody else. History is littered with wars and a river of blood for that card, and yet he wants to seriously play it because it worked out so well on every over occasion.
Vincent James gripes that everything has gone downhill since women were allowed to vote and wear pants: “This is the reason why I’m not totally opposed to a lot of the things that Muslims have to offer. Muslims actually seem to be right about a lot of things.”
- So who wants to break it to him that Muslim women vote and also wear pants.
- What he likes are the far-right autocratic versions of Islam such as ISIS, the Taliban, or the Saudi Wahhabis that the majority of Muslims all consider to be nutters.
- In other words, those who want to keep all those Muslims out because they will bring Sharia law in, actually want Sharia law.
Nick Fuentes, the white nationalist who organized AFPAC III and welcomed Greene to the stage, believes that “Generation Z has got to recover the lost wisdom of our racist grandparents”: “They weren’t politically correct, and they were in fact racist, but they were right.”
- Our Grandparents fought actual NAZIs and Fascists who believed the stuff this guy believes … and won.
- Fuentes Wisdom! … this dude is 23, he is the poster child for making bad life choices.
- It’s a made up group based in Hawaii. Pay them enough $$ and you can have whatever meaningless title you wish.
- You can start by becoming a squire for $75 a year, and then work your way up to knighthood via lots more $$$ or simply keep your money and call yourself “Sir” because that has just as much meaning and recognition as their knighthood.
Teddy Daniels, a MAGA candidate who ran for lieutenant governor in Pennsylvania, fumes over the “sissification of America” in which kids don’t even have fistfights at recess anymore: “Maybe we need to bring dueling back. Maybe we need to let the alpha male rise to the top again.”
- Permitting the MAGA folks to have duals with each other just might solve our current problems.
This past week Steve Bannon tells Alex Jones that he is one of the greatest political thinkers since the Founding Fathers: … “You are one of the great thinkers of this. That’s is very rare. You have to go almost back to the revolutionary generation to see that.”
- Clearly Bannon needs lawyer money from Jones for some reason. He never Kissed Trump’s ass this vigorously.
Ti illustrate is prowess as a greatest political thinker, this past week Alex Jones also says this … “the attack had begun, we are now being murdered.” He says the US is a “2nd Atlantis” founded by Francis Bacon and controlled by globalists who are descendants of Count Dracula aligned with the CCP to put nanotechnology in food to wipe out 90% of the population.
- So yes, this week’s National Gullibility test has been brought to you by Alex Jones
Matt Gaetz says that migrants are creating a food shortage in the US by destroying monarch butterfly habitats.
- Gaetz is pioneering stupidity by taking it into unchartered territory
- They’re bringing drugs, guns and fly swatters.
- Fact Check: The actual reason a butterfly sanctuary located on the border closed was due to threats from MAGA and QAnon fanatics after they refused to permit a wall to be built on their land.
The False Profit$
Johnny Enlow claims that God told him that “the Supreme Court has already ruled against the last election,” secretly overturned the results, and is preparing to reinstall former President Donald Trump in the White House.
- This “Trump will be reinstalled any day now” stuff is getting very old.
- When you are a self-appointed “prophet” that simply makes stuff up, then it really is not a huge leap to just make more stuff up to keep the donations rolling.
- Followers of these guys don’t track any of this and then challenge them when none of it pans out, instead they just roll up for more of the same.
“Prophet” Donna Rigney warns that “the wrath of God” is going to fall on President Joe Biden because of his support for reproductive choice: “I wouldn’t want to be in that person’s shoes for anything in the world.”
- Hey not fair, I also support reproductive rights, why can’t I also have some “wrath”?
- One of the worlds most powerful microscopes is the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab $27 million electron microscope. With this you can see down to half the width of a hydrogen atom. It is a truly amazing instrument. If you used this to look for any signs of worry in my mind regarding the “wrath of God falling on Biden”, then you would totally fail to detect anything.
- You know how this stuff works. If 79 year old Biden sneezes, she will grasp that as “evidence” that her “prophecy” was right. If nothing happens, then she can play the, “Well we prayed and so God held back” gambit.
- When you see the word “prophet”, just replace it with the word “grifter” to truly appreciate what is really going on here.
Pastor John Hagee says church members who don’t fork over their cash are thieves. “Many Christians are shoplifters at Cornerstone Church on a regular basis.“
- Translation: God says you have to give me your money. If you don’t, then you will be on his naughty list.
Interesting Articles in the media this past week
- Charles Homans @ The New York Times: How ‘Stop the Steal’ Captured the American Right.
- Kathryn Joyce @ Salon: Moms for Liberty: “Joyful Warriors” in the fight to demolish public school.
- Josephine Harvey @ HuffPost: Tucker Carlson All Out Embraces ‘Great Replacement’ Theory.
- Igor Derysh @ Salon: Nevada GOP primary loser sues over “unfair election”: “Mathematical impossibility” that I lost.
- Hemant Mehta @ OnlySky: A Christian hate-preacher condemned me… for quoting him accurately.
- Bryan Metzger @ Business Insider: How a fight over Trump’s endorsement, white nationalist online trolls, and a Holocaust denier has upended an Arizona GOP state Senate primary.
- Justin Baragona @ The Daily Beast: Watch Jan. 7 Video Outtakes: Trump Refused to Say Election Was Over.
- Christopher Mathias @ HuffPost: Video Shows Josh Hawley Fleeing The Jan. 6 Rioters He Had Just Saluted.
- Jonathan Swan @ Axios: A radical plan for Trump’s second term.
Statistic of the week
When religion goes full throttle on attacking reproductive rights and access to basic healthcare then there are measurable consequences …
Meanwhile via the Good Liars …
I love what these guys so, so I happily pick a few of their tweets each week. This past week they visited Ken Ham’s folly …