The “star” of the past week just has to be Lauren Witzke. She popped up to claim that she believes that last weekend’s deadly tornado outbreak was due to “weather modification”: “I truly believe in weather modification. I believe that this was very evil.”
- Here is an additional little list of other things that Lauren Witzke “truly believes” … COVID is Satanic, The Earth is Flat, Trump should become King of the US, and Hillary is into Child Sacrifice.
- Reminder – this is the lady who previously admitted that she ran drugs for Mexican Drug cartels, and was also arrested in 2017 on a series of drug related charges. A rather natural career progression was to stand as the official GQP candidate in 2020 for Delaware. It is truly mind blowing that she was the best they had to stand for election.
Ms. Witzke was so seriously ticked off that everybody was mocking her for the laughably weird weather machine claim that she decided to dedicate almost an entire episode of “Cross Talk News” to the topic last Wednesday and provide “proof”.
Her “rock-solid proof” was an interview with a guy who runs a Florida Sky Watchers Facebook page, which claims to be “dedicated to bringing the truth about climate engineering and weather modification.”.
Actual evidence provided?
Oh come now, you know the drill with folks like this, it was exactly none at all.
So what else happened this past week?
Below you will find my usual selection of some truly bizarre claims that popped up during the last 7 days. With a hat-tip to my main source, Right-Wing watch, it is time to dive in and laugh at the raw absurdity of it all.
John Guandolo claims to have information from two sources inside the Pentagon who overhead conversations revealing that “the COVID virus was created at a Chinese government laboratory in Wuhan, China, was weaponized, and was intentionally released.” Unfortunately, “the source will not go public for fear of retribution by the government.”
- Given the number of people impacted in China, the claim that it was …”weaponized, and was intentionally released” … is a claim that the Chinese attacked themselves. The Chinese are not that stupid, but clearly John really is.
‘Do Not Comply’: Tony Spell Sees a Direct Line From Mask Mandates to Concentration Camps
- His stance is that you must “resist” and refuse to comply with efforts to limit the spread of the virus. Well sure, why not, what could possibly go wrong if we all listen to him.
- He literally draws a parallel with mask mandates being exactly the same as people who slaughtered millions. There are all sorts of official directives we all face … drive on this side of the road only, you must wear a seatbelt, you must pass a test before you can get a license to drive, etc… yet for Tony, only mask mandates are a problem, no other official mandate is. It is deeply and very profoundly weird.
Media Matters: Alex Jones says Joe Biden may have used “weather weapons” to create tornadoes that killed scores in the central US.
- Yea, this topic again. Now you know where Lauren got it from.
- If you are going to make up a conspiracy, at least try to make one up that makes sense. If such a weapon existed, then why would it be deployed on some small town in the US?
- He also claimed this … “they’ve got carbon systems they are putting in, that big, huge geoengineering systems, terraforming systems that are sucking carbon dioxide out of the air when it’s a trace gas that we need, and was hundreds of times higher millions of years ago than it is now. That’s why plants and animals were so much bigger and healthier. But we’ve adapted to live in less air.“
- He then said something we can all agree with … “This is insane”. Yes Alex, yes, it really is.
- If there is a crazy batshit crazy conspiracy, then Alex Jones will promote it.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green declares that her fellow GOP Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are communists who must be made an example of: “Letting Cheney and Kinzinger off the hook as they slip away out of office by quitting and defeat in ‘22 is not enough. They should be made as examples to all Republicans to never join the liars and communists, abusing the power of Congress and violating our Constitution.”
- To actually understand what she is trying to say you need to cut out the word “communists” and replace it with something like “bastards”. The word “communists” has become the new GQP swear word.
- Then again, trying to make sense of her gibberish is probably a lost cause.
Joe Jervis: Jim Bob Duggar Loses Bid For Arkansas State Senate.
- Standing on a platform of “family values”, while your son faces 20 years in jail for Child Porn, and your Daughter faces charges of Child Endangerment, is not exactly a winning strategy.
- The additional observation that his own son-in-law spoke out and said things like, “If he lied to his BEST FRIEND and he lied UNDER OATH, will he lie to YOU?” perhaps did not help either.
- Only 456 people voted for him. He spent $37,631 … that’s $82.52 per vote.
Bianca Garcia of Latinos for Trump is running for a seat in the Texas state Senate in 2022 and she makes it clear that there’s really no point in anyone else even running: “I have conquered it already. It is mine. I am claiming the victory.”
- I bet you thought that Trump was king of the entitlement castle. Well, here is Bianca to prove that thought quite wrong.
David Barton argues that gun control will not lessen the death rate in the U.S. because England does not “allow guns and they’ve got a knife death rate higher than we have in some of our major cities.”
- Fact Check: For the record, according to the UK Parliament, the entire UK recorded 224 knife deaths in the last year. In the US rather a lot more of gun deaths in some cities, but I don’t need to tell you what you already know.
- Mr Barton mantains his track record of being consistently and persistently wrong.
- Some of his fellow Christians who fact check his various books and videos correcly point out his many “embarrassing factual errors, suspiciously selective quotes, and highly misleading claims.“.
Mark Taylor, Chris McDonald, and others are concerned that Michael Flynn, Clay Clark, and others involved in the ReAwaken America tour might be Illuminati.
- Is anybody actually shocked to discover that conspiracy theorists craft conspiracies involving other conspiracy theorists?
Matt Shuham @ Talking Points Memo: The Heroes Of The Voter-Fraud Obsessed, QAnon Universe Are Turning On Each Other.
- The guy who started it all is their “hero”, Kyle Rittenhouse. He had a go at Lin Wood, and that in turn triggered him into lashing out at others, who in turn did the same.
- The irony here is that it is their trigger happy hero who pulled the trigger on it all.
- It is quite frankly very good news that they are doing their best to rip each other apart.
The Big Lie
Josh Bernstein continues to insist that “Trump won a landslide. It was 410 electoral votes to 128, if you want to know exactly the numbers. He absolutely crushed it.”
- He can of course believe whatever he wishes. It will not alter reality in any way.
Pastor Shane Vaughn says that winning the popular vote in a presidential election is meaningless because “the popular is the dumb vote because dumbness runs in the masses.”
- He is literally arguing against democracy and is suggesting that we can’t trust voters to make the right choice because they are too stupid and voted for Biden.
- There is indeed stupidity in play here. Not the voters, just those that take Shane seriously.
The False Profit$
Hemant Mehta @ Friendly Atheist: Christian Hate-Preacher Greg Locke’s Circus Tent Church Was Damaged by a Tornado.
- Never one to pass an opportunity to grift, Greg is of course using this to beg for donations.
Pastor Shane Vaughn, yes second entry this week, Declares That COVID-19 Is ‘The Forerunner of the Antichrist’
- Nah, sorry Shane you’ve got it the wrong way around. You first voted the Antichrist, Mr Two Corinthians, into office, and then a plague shows up.
Jay Root @ The Houston Chronicle: Kenneth Copeland is the wealthiest pastor in America. So why does he live in a tax-free Texas mansion?
- The answer is that he is a con man who plays the religious card so that he can avoid paying tax.
- His “humble” abode has 18,000 square feet and is worth $7 million. Because he calls it a parsonage — a clergy residence — and puts it under the ownership of his church, he gets a 100 percent tax break. Under normal circumstances he should be paying $150,000, so the poor and average end up picking up the tab for schools, roads, police, etc..
- Jay’s article above in the Houston Chronicle is worth a read. It highlights the many hoops Copeland jumps through to game the system and dodge tax.
- Personally, I think everybody should establish themselves as a “church” and then register their home as a parsonage. That would soon motivate the authorities to stop this grifter in his tracks.
“prophet” Johnny Enlow says that those who are able to see things from Heaven’s perspective know that former President Donald Trump … “carries more governmental authority than any person on the planet and he has all year.”
- This Quote sums Johnny up rather well: “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.“
- Hat tip to anybody who knows where that quote comes from. Don’t bother asking any evangelicals, they will not know.
This week’s final quote
“It’s Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.”