It is no longer a discourse of competing ideas. Left vs Right has instead become Truth and Reality vs Lies and Fantasy.
Today we face a barrage of lies upon lies upon lies. These are perhaps the big two that we are all familiar with …
- Anti-Democratic: No Trump did not win the election, it was not stolen
- Anti-Science: Yes there really is a COVID pandemic, it was not a scheme cooked up by big Pharma to slaughter or control you
Beyond these there is also much more. During the holiday weekend, Hobby Lobby did their usual thing of promoting fiction as fact. They ran their long debunked “One Nation Under God” full page ad claiming that the US was founded as a “Christian” nation. It’s a big bold lie and they have a long tradition of such ads.
If you are going to lie about things that are clearly not true, then that tells everybody a great deal about your honesty and integrity. It also sends a very clear message that nobody should listen to anything you have to say. You have brought complete and total disrepute to the political and/or religious beliefs you embrace. In the end, to quote the bible …
for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reapGalatians 6:7
So what else has popped up this past week?
Below you will find a selection of truly bizarre claims and declarations. Normally my source is Right-Wing watch, but due to thanksgiving they have all gone fishing this past week, so I’ve used a few other sources instead.
The Big Lie
The current flag carrier for this is of course Mike Lindell aka Mr Pillow. So what has been happening in the past week with him?
Basically this …
- Here is a rock solid guarantee from me for you. Like every single previous promise of his, this will fail to deliver.
- Then there is also this … “Even Marjorie Taylor Greene Thinks Mike Lindell’s Trump Reinstatement Theory Is B.S.“. In other words, even the other nutters think Lindell is crazy.
- Lindell has claimed his lawsuit will force the Supreme Court to overturn the 2020 election results and reinstate Trump as president, which is not possible under the US Constitution. This latest development confirms that things are not working out as Lindell had promised – gosh what a surprise that is for those that believe him. For the rest of us, not so much.
- Is this perhaps a cue for him to claim that his lawsuit was stolen, will he now try to sue the judge?
- They are literally more afraid of upsetting their congregation than they are of a deadly virus killing their congregation.
Meanwhile, reality comes knocking … 99.5% of US covid deaths are unvaccinated people
GOP Senate Candidate:
- His playbook appears to be the Teliban 101 handbook for a religious dictatorship
- I’m also not convinced that this guy actually grasps what the first amendment says.
Jeff Bezon’s Ex wife has been giving away billions to charity – Christian author Kelly Kullberg is really upset about this
- Kelly’s complaint here is that she is not giving it to evangelicals to promote batshit crazy beliefs, but instead is giving it to other groups (Christian, Secular, Jewish, and Muslim) who actually do things that help others.
- When you are arguing against decency, compassion, and empathy, you really need to rethink your values.
- It is interesting to note that the evangelical brand has become so toxic they now can’t even be trusted to help others.
In the context of the latest revelation concerning the residential schools in Canada, a Catholic Archbishop fuels more anger by saying the church is being persecuted over residential schools
- Er … sorry Archbishop, the word is not “Persecution”, but rather is “Accountability”.
- The folks who did the actual persecuting where those responsible for the more than 150,000 First Nations, Métis and Inuit children who were forcibly removed from their families. 4,117 children’s deaths at the schools have been formally documented, and estimates are that there were thousands more.
- It is reactions like this that explain why there’s no conservative version of The Daily Show.
Fools of the week – The False Profit$
The stars here are of course the religious grifters. To be wholly clear, most humans, regardless of their cultural belief or non-belief are decent. Some however deploy and leverage belief as a tool to manipulate and enrich themselves with. This section is very much dedicated to religious fraudsters …
- Names, dates, medical records …. oh wait, that’s not how this works, it never is. We are supposed to just take the word of this professional grifter on this.
- How exactly does he know what the throne of Satan looks like?
- He claims the DNC set was modelled after the Peragamon Alter. If compared, they don’t look the same at all. The Peragamon also was an alter to Zeus and is currently in a museum in Berlin.
- The clue here is perhaps Robin’s surname. He really is dropping tons of it these days.
That’s a wrap for this past week.
Will next week be any different, is it possible for all these crazy people to suddenly find some common sense?
You know the answer. Past experience is an indicator of future behaviour.
What they earn each and every week is laughter and mockery.