The one topic that has triggered the cult of fools in this past week has been COVID. They are almost literally standing on the shoreline shouting at the tide and demanding that it stop rising. The brick wall of reality simply turns a deaf ear to it all. Who better to illustrate this than Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.). He has been very vocal about the use of masks in Congress. Last week he filed a lawsuit against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi over the House mask mandate. As a guy who hates masks, what could possibly go wrong?
You can most probably guess where this is going.
Last Thursday this happened …
“After experiencing minor symptoms this morning, I sought a covid-19 test and was just informed the test results were positive,” Norman tweeted Thursday afternoon. “Thankfully, I have been fully vaccinated and my symptoms remain mild.”
With no mask, one can only wonder how many others he has now passed it on to.
So what else has happened during this past week?
Below you will find a selection of truly bizarre claims and declarations. What follows comes with a hat-tip to my source, Right-Wing watch. They simply post the absurd silly claims without comment. The snarky commentary below is wholly mine, it is me having a bit of fun mocking the silliness of it all
The Big Lie
Josh Bernstein believes that former President Donald Trump won the 2020 election with over 100 million votes and vows that he’ll “never stop trying to overturn this election.”
- Josh Bernstein believes rather a lot of things that are not actually true at all and has been banned from YouTube and many other platforms. Advocated for the sterilization of Democrats and execution of his political opponents is what triggered that. Now which specific group actually did stuff like that historically and how did that work out for them?
Kat Kerr claims that “a major whistleblower is about to come forth” with evidence that will overturn the 2020 election results.
- If Kat is saying it, then you can be 100% sure it is not true.
- The problem for her is that coming forth is never enough. To win an election you need to come first.
Retired Gen. Thomas McInerney says that anyone who asserts that Mike Lindell’s election fraud claims are bogus “is part of the group that participated” in stealing the election.
- Hey, I can use this same “logic” – Invisible pink unicorns are really running everything. Anybody who asserts that this is bogus is part of the conspiracy to cover up this “truth”.
- Side Note: This very elderly 84 year old crank pops up on Fox News to express some really crazy claims on a semi-regular basis. I do wonder if he simply says stuff like this to get a bit of attention.
Pastor Shane Vaughn likens former President Donald Trump to a “mighty eagle” who protected the United States “from the encroaching darkness” of “the LBGT community.”
- It is more than a little bit odd to find that Shan’s bacon of “light” is the pussy-grabber-in-chief who mocks his christian supporters and has nothing but contempt for them
William Koenig Says COVID-19 Is God’s Judgment on the US for Being ‘So Pro-LGBT’
- Yet nations that are far more pro-LGBT have not been impacted to the same degree. It’s almost as if LGBT issues had nothing to do with COVID.
- Side Note: whenever anything bad happens, this guy pops up to declare it to be the judgement of a god.
As I mentioned above, the big issue of the week on many minds is COVID, it has generated a great deal of content for the cult of fools. This is because COVID has now mutated into an IQ test. Here are some very predictable examples …
Amid outrage, Oklahoma GOP Chairman John Bennett defends his Facebook post likening vaccine passports to the Star of David and the persecution of Jews during the Holocaust.
- John, having a vaccine passport is a choice, having a Star of David was not a choice. One is there to keep you safe, the other had a very different purpose.
Alex McFarland claims that “the unleashing of the [COVID-19] virus, the handling of the pandemic, and the release of vaccine is known to be largely political, largely an opportunity, a trial run for Marxism.”
- To be “Known” and not simply embraced as a whacky conspiracy belief requires evidence. He has exactly none.
Wayne Allyn Root believes that President Joe Biden is being bribed by drug cartels to allow undocumented immigrants into the country to spread COVID-19: “Biden’s job is to let all the illegal aliens in, ignore the fact that they’re sick and spreading Covid, and blame the rest of us.”
- To be brutally blunt, it is literally everybody outside the US that needs to be seriously worried about getting COVID from inside the US. They need to be especially wary of Republicans and Fundamentalists who have adopted the “No vaccines for me” stance.
- It just might be enough to motivate Mexico to pay for and build a wall.
Greg Locke had a meltdown during his church service Sunday, screaming at his congregation, “Do not get vaccinated” while saying that only “crack-smoking, demon-possessed leftists” think Biden is the legitimate president.
- He is going to end up causing more deaths within his own congregation. He has already had a member of his congregation die from COVID. When CNN tried to interview him about that, he refused to talk to them and instead dismissed them as “diabolical jezebel spirits.”.
- Also this past week Greg claimed the media owes him an apology for criticizing his anti-vaccine rants because…: “These are not new people getting COVID. This is the shedding process from that silly, evil, wicked vaccine that they should have never got to begin with.” … and so this week he wins Gold in the Olympic dumb-ass relay event.
Greg is not unique. Tony Spell announces that his church will not comply with any COVID-19 regulations: “You are the liars and the godless demonic leaders and politicians and government authorities. You are the ones that are troubling us. We refuse to comply with you.”
- The delta variant will steamroller over him and all those that listen to him, it does not check your beliefs before infecting you.
David Lane warns that “the parallels between the early 1930s German subterfuge and contemporary America are becoming increasingly alarming, particularly with the latest COVID variant appearing to mutate into unmitigated totalitarian dictatorship.”
- Yes, I’m with you on reading the above. I’m also struggling to parse any actual meaning from his word soup.
Jackson Lahmeyer declares that his church will never obey “Luciferian” COVID-19 restrictions, warning the government, “You touch the church, you are a dead man walking.”
- You might often be tempted to think “Nobody could possibly be that stupid”, but whenever you do, people like this guy pop up to conclusively prove you to be oh so very wrong.
Scott Lively Warns of ‘Armed Rebellion’ if ‘Genuine Patriots’ Don’t Win the 2022 Elections
- “Vote the way we want you to vote or we will shoot you” is how elections work in North Korea, not North America.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says the media tells everyone that she is a terrible person because they are a bunch of “communists [who are] trying to help the Democrats achieve their communist agenda for America, trying to put us on our knees to China.”
- The media simply quotes what MTG says, that’s all they need to do. They don’t tell people that she is a terrible person, she does all the heavy lifting for that herself.
DeAnna Lorraine Claims Capitol Police Are Being ‘Offed’ to Cover Up the Truth About Jan. 6
- This is the same DeAnna Lorraine who previously claimed that the Jan 6th insurrection was a “false flag” … despite the fact that she was actually there on camera, and openly praised all those rushing in.
The False Profit$
The stars here are of course the religious grifters. To be wholly clear, most humans, regardless of their cultural belief or non-belief are decent. Some however deploy and leverage belief as a tool to manipulate and enrich themselves with. This section is very much dedicated to religious fraudsters …
Hank Kunneman “calls forth” election audits all across the nation “to reveal to the Earth that the election was, in fact, stolen.”
- Yep, another “come forth” guy, it really is an echo chamber. He needs this because this self-appointed prophet announced that God had told him that Trump would win. As I pointed out for Kat above, coming forth wins no medals, for that you need to come first.
Robin Bullock reveals that God let him know that “the decision has been made” about returning Trump to office, so everyone should be on the lookout for “something” to happen between now and November.
- I have a prediction for you. In November the date will fail and once again be moved, just like every previous cast-iron guaranteed date.
Nathan French insists that he wasn’t wrong when he prophesied that former President Donald Trump would win the 2020 election: “I didn’t get that wrong. He actually did win big. He won really big and most people, they know that.”
- He lost, and Nathan just can’t handle that reality. To be a tad more honest, he does know this, but panders to the lie because it keeps the donations rolling in.
Kent Christmas says that Christians should not abide by vaccine mandates or COVID-19 restrictions, warning that they’ll be held accountable by God for doing so because “the law of God supersedes the law of men.”
- Exactly which of the 10 commandments states “Thou shalt not be vaccinated”
- To put that another way, what he is actually saying is as crazy as this: When driving at night I refuse to turn my lights on. Anybody who does will be held accountable by God for doing so because “the law of God supersedes the law of men”
That’s a wrap for this past week.
Will next week be any different, is it possible for all these crazy people to suddenly find some common sense?
You know the answer. Past experience is an indicator of future behaviour.
What they earn each and every week is laughter and mockery.