There is of course nothing else as big as the SCOTUS leak from this past week. Josh Gerstein and Alexander Ward wrote the now famous Politico article: “Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows“. There you can find the full 98 page SCOTUS draft. This is the document that demonstrates that SCOTUS no longer operates in the interests of either the majority or basic human rights, and has in effect gone rogue.
I have questions …
- How can anybody respect Justices who lied during their confirmation hearing with the assurance that Roe V. Wade was settled law, and have now taken steps to obliterate it?
- After one leak from the SCOTUS, a marshal was called in to investigate by Chief Justice Roberts, yet when a sitting justice’s wife literally plotted to overthrow the government, it results in no investigations, why is that?
- The card Alito is playing leans upon “is not deeply rooted in the Nation’s History and traditions“. If he really wishes to play that, it brings into scope rather a lot of stuff – where is this going, what comes next? What is well “rooted in the Nation’s History and traditions” is banning Catholics and Italians from positions of authority. Alito is both.
Meanwhile we also get the inevitable. Via David Gilbert @ Vice News we learn that QAnon Thinks the Roe v. Wade Leak Is a Deep-State Plot. Standard QAnon 101 – no matter what happens, they will declare it to be a deep state plot. As for all those folks outside the Supreme Court, yep, the old Q Trop card has been played. Within their befuddled universe those protestors are apparently not real people, just crises actors.
If you ever think “Nobody could possibly be that stupid”, then I recommend you hit pause on that and check in with the QAnon folks. They work really hard on a daily basis to prove that line of thought quite wrong.
Speaking of Fools, another Rep. Madison Cawthorn video was dropped this past week. Yes, his primary is just two weeks away now, the guy has had no peace ever since he mentioned GOP Coke orgies. Shall I link to the latest video?
Er … no, not this one. It shows him butt naked in bed with his male “friend” thrusting his dick in his friends face. He really really needs to come to terms with his sexuality and to apologise for attacking the gay community so strongly. I think it is safe to assume that he will not be coming out top in his primary …
Moving on, below you will find my usual selection of some truly bizarre claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my main source, Right Wing Watch, let’s dive in.
Roe V. Wade & SCOTUS
What is fascinating about the response to the news is that the Right Wing is upset about just the leak. Here are a few examples …
- Josh Bernstein is confident that either Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson (who is not even serving on the court yet), or Justice Sonia Sotomayor or Justice Elena Kagan is responsible for leaking the Supreme Court’s draft decision striking down Roe v. Wade and he wants these “three evil bitches” investigated for treason.
- Mario Murillo is outraged about the leak: “Instead of a glorious declaration by the highest court, the media delivered the best news we have heard in years on a dirty garbage can lid.”
Then there are also the following weird takes on it.
Gordon Klingenschmitt reacts to the draft Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade: “All hell is now breaking loose inside the court, and Satan himself is furious with the strong wording of Alito’s first draft ruling.”
- Given the observation that we got here via lies and corruption, I personally suspect that the father of lies is rather pleased with it all.
Pastor Shane Vaughn just has to give it all a weird twist. He asserts that Democrats arranged the leak of the draft SCOTUS decision striking down Roe “probably with the help of Russia” to divert attention away from Dinesh D’Souza’s new voter fraud movie.
- Pastor Shane Vaughn Handbook: Digest latest top news items and then regurgitate it with a Q spin, and ask for donations.
- Weird Shane twist 1: The democrats are best buddies with Putin, and Putin helped arrange the leak
- Weird Shane twist 2: It all happened to “distract” from a crappy conspiracy movie that nobody knows about and nobody gives a toss about. Meghan McCain will have more readers for her book than Dinesh will have for his movie. (Side note, only 244 copies of her book actually sold).
- The only folks buying Shane’s claim are those for whom reality is an undiscovered country far over the horizon. They also have no map and no clue where they are. Sadly that is rather large crowd these days.
Vincent James shares his vision for this country: “In 1950, abortion was not only a crime, but a shameful act you would be ostracized from any social group for. In 1960 the vast majority of America opposed the idea of gay marriage, and sodomy was illegal. It is precisely for this reason we must force gays back into the closet and women back into the kitchens.”
- Well there you go then ladies, you need to go home, cook, and churn out babies.
- I don’t honestly know if Vincent is or is not single, but I’d place good money on a bet that he is.
Vincent James, yes him again, celebrates the leaked SCOTUS decision, hoping that it will eventually lead to us seeing Justices Alito and Thomas throwing gay people from tall buildings: “We shall have our theocracy very soon.”
- There is no avoiding that there are some very deeply suppressed Gay vibes in play here. Since I’m taking bets on this guy, I’d also put good money on a bet that he has a Grindr account
- Weird Sidenote: If you check his video, you will spot a Russian flag in the background.
A new documentary series called “Marvel and DC’s War on God” aims to expose the fact that “popular comics and the movies that they have spawned are riddled with anti-Christ themes that glorify gratuitous violence, sexual perversion, blasphemy, and the occult.”
- The ever so subtle hint rests with the word “comic”.
- If indeed some wish to ban literature that contains “gratuitous violence, sexual perversion, blasphemy, and the occult.”, then let’s start with the No.1 most popular example of that – the bible.
Elijah Schaffer has a message for Native Americans: “Get the fuck out of America!”
- I’m not exactly convinced that the guy with a Germanic surname understands who the immigrant here is.
- I’m also not convinced that he has a basic grasp of US History.
Donald Trump Jr. is urging people to hurry up and sign up for (i.e., buy) a “Trump Gold Card” because doing so will “drive the libs crazy.”
- Poor impoverished Billionaire needs you to urgently send him all your money.
Tony Perkins says that the Family Research Council is launching its own news operation.
- Of course they are. These days we simply can’t get enough Fake News, we need lots more.
Stewart Rhodes, who has been charged with seditious conspiracy for his role in the Jan. 6 insurrection, announced the creation of legal defense fund “to assist the legal fees and expenses of various non-violent, peaceful Americans who demonstrated and exercised their First Amendment rights in Washington, D.C. on January 5-6, 2021.”
- Multiple people died and there was also $2.73 Million In Property Damage to the Capitol during this “peaceful” exercise.
In 2018, QAnon conspiracy theorist Liz Crokin lost the tips of two fingers in a surfing accident
- At the time she naturally claimed it was caused by Hillary Clinton casting a spell on her
- The update here is that Crokin tried to sue the hotel and surf shop, but lost and now owes them $101,000.
Johnny Enlow claims that former President Donald Trump’s 2017 “covfefe” tweet was actually code for “the antidote to the 5G towers that were really designed to work with the (COVID-19) vaccines and essentially hack human beings.”
- Johnny is suffering from “conspiracy pareidolia”. His befuddled brain is cooking up conspiracies from random things [FYI … “pareidolia” is where you look at random shapes such a clouds and see animals or faces]
- What is becoming increasingly clear is that QAnon is not a game you play, instead it is a game that plays you.
- Imagine how his head would literally turn 360 and explode if this was something everybody could do. For example Muslims, or for that matter Atheists.
- He accuses gay teachers of being guilty of indoctrinating students, which does not actually happen, yet here he is actually calling for literal religious indoctrination to happen in schools as if it was a good thing
- He also suggested that if kids could be kept at home, taught to read and do basic maths and kept ignorant about everything else, then they would be far better off.
Pastor Jack Hibbs proclaims that “the Democrat Party is a death cult” and lashes out at pastors who aren’t using their churches to promote right-wing political positions: “Woe to the pulpit that stays silent at an hour like this.”
- “Woe to the IRS that stays silent at an hour like this.“
The cover story in this month’s edition of Decision magazine from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is not particularly subtle: “Progressive Christianity Can Lead You To Hell.”
- “Progressive Christianity” = care for the poor and the oppressed, and environmental stewardship of the earth. This, in the eyes of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, is evil incarnate. It actually tells us a great deal about the moral and ethical bankruptcy of the guy who wrote it.
- The author is Franklin Graham, the well-known homophobic bigot and praiser of the tyrant Vladimir Putin. He is not a decent human being.
The False Profit$
Pastor Mario Murillo declares that Christians “must rebuke the Republican Party. The Body of Christ must not be their cheap date. We must hold their feet to the fire. The Republican Party must fear us. They must feel our rage.”
- Go for it guys, eat each other for lunch. Bon appétit
- Quote: “The mainstream Republican Party is bad. There is no doubt about that. They are corrupt. They have lied.“, to which I can only wonder why it has taken him this long to work that out.
And of course one more gem from Pastor Shane Vaughn. This troll master, demonstrated his art when this past week when he declares that conservatives are “always right.” Why? “They’re just smarter than liberals. Liberalism is a mental disease.”
- So yes, Pastor Shane has gone full throttle with his alternative fact of the week.
- If you are wondering “What would Jesus Do?”, then in this specific case, Jesus would simply tell him to F**k Off.
- This “smart” guy starting using his middle name “Shane” instead of his first name “John” so that when you google his name you will not find out that back in 2010, as a preacher then, he was convicted of insurance and bank fraud and so was sent to jail for three years.
- The first rule of being in “Stupid Club” is you don’t know you’re in “Stupid Club”
Statistic of the week
Given what happened, then it just has to be this …
- If the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother, then 23% of white evangelicals still think abortion should be illegal. They are literally saying the mother should die and be denied a life saving medical procedure. These supposed “pro-life” folks are once again confirming that they are actually “pro-death”.
- Nicholas Confessore @ The New York Times: How Tucker Carlson Stoked White Fear to Conquer Cable.
- Mary Papenfuss @ HuffPost: Trump Can’t Recall Name Of That Ohio Guy He Endorsed For Senate.
- Jared Holt @ The Daily Beast: How Alex Jones’ Conspiracy Empire Has Kept Itself Going Even While Being Banned From Social Media.
- Kadia Goba @ BuzzFeed: Republicans Have Focused On The Leak Rather Than Talking About Abortion.
- Noah Y. Kim @ Mother Jones: A Non-Exhaustive List of J.D. Vance’s Craziest Statements.
- Will Sommer @ The Daily Beast: MAGA Pundits Target Random Supreme Court Clerks After Roe Leak.
Quote of the week
Methodist Pastor Dave Barnhart posting the following to Facebook back in 2018. Given the next from this past week, it feels right to pop it up here …
If that Facebook entry is not rendering, because FB is demanding that you log in, then here is the text of what he posted …
“The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. It’s almost as if, by being born, they have died to you. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.
One Last bit of Help
If you live in a deep red state and are deeply worried about what is about to happen, then Seattle psychologist and writer, Valerie Tarico, has some sensible guidance for you to consider …