So yes, it happened. We all expected it. The twice-impeached 76 year old former president who lost by 7 million votes in the 2020 election, whose last act in office was to instigate a coup attempt to corruptly retain power, has announced that he is running for president again in 2024.
In 2020 we fired him. He then stole a ton of sensitive shit on his way out of the office. He was then caught. Now he’s re-applying for the same job!
After seeing all the candidates that he endorsed doing so badly, how can he possibly resist jumping in to embrace lots more losing.
Trust me, if you play the clip then you will enjoy this, and yes, The Good Liars really did do this, you just have to love those guys …
One other thought. The 22nd Amendment says “No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice” … sooo … by filing to run for a 3rd time, Trump has officially admitted to losing the 2020 election.
In other news, Elon ran a Twitter poll and the result is that the majority want Trump back on Twitter so he will be unbanned. This is “Twitter Democracy”, the 15 million Russian porn bots who voted just can’t be wrong, so it is a done deal now … except Mr T says he will not come back, but hey, you know how he just loves having his ego stroked by porn bots, so he will be back.
Moving on, below you will once again find my usual selection of some truly bizarre and extreme claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my various sources, let’s dive in.
Reactions to the Trump Announcement
According to conspiracy theorist “SG Anon” on a podcast, Trump was apparently going to announce that he’s been the “lawful president” since 2020. “Wow,” responds Steve Shultz.
- Well that panned out exactly as they claimed it would. You would think being wrong every single time would be a wakeup call for those that take these guys seriously, but apparently not, it never is.
- These are the same guys who have been blaming the president for inflation and high gas prices. Are they now admitting it was all Trump’s fault?
- As a side note, if you were perhaps expecting Trump to talk about his health care plan at some point, that will be in two weeks … and two weeks from now, it will remain forever two weeks away.
Shane Vaughn rejoiced over former President Trump’s announcement that he is running for president again in 2024: “God’s anointed servant is rising up from the ashes.”
- I’m not convinced that Mr Vaughn, who is a convicted fraudster that spent years in jail for fraud, is the right person to be telling us all who is the chosen one of a God.
Eric Metaxas was on hand for Trump’s announcement and declared that “when I think how this country has suffered these two years I get choked up thinking how good things were under Trump.”
- Eric has clearly given up any hope of living in reality. He is now a fully established citizen of Narnia.
Jarrin Jackson is confident that Trump will win in 2024 because “the people who love Jesus are going to be doing what they need to be doing.”
- That would be the right-wing Jesus that the Trump cult is devoted to – Lots of fanaticism with none of those inconvenient teachings of Jesus.
Wayne Allyn Root insists that the 2022 elections were “stolen”: “If you disagree, you’re delusional, or terribly naive, or brain-dead. Or you’re in on the fix. It’s time to admit we’re all part of a massive experiment in fraud, theft, brainwashing and gaslighting to a degree never seen in world history.”
- Damn, he got us. Yes, we are all in on the “fix”. We “conspired” to “rig” the election by participating in a nefarious plot that involved going out and not voting for his preferred nutty candidates.
- There is of course a reason for him posting this on WND. This far-right fake news website is well-known as WingNut Daily for a reason.
Everett Piper declares that “the lesson of this midterm is simple and clear. Mr. Trump’s endorsements hindered rather than helped the much-anticipated ‘red wave,’ and his petty selfishness could likely lead to another series of runoff losses in the days ahead. The take-home of this past week is simple: Donald Trump has to go. If he‘s our nominee in 2024, we will get destroyed.”
- Mr Piper wrote that on Nov 13. As we now all know and I mentioned above, on Nov 15 the idiot-in-chief spent on hour tossing his hat into the 2024 arena.
Ali Alexander claims that he can “will” Kari Lake’s election victory “into existence” and also that he can travel through time.
- The delusion really is strong in this one. He says, “You are not going to believe me“, Yep Ali, you nailed it, we do all very sincerely believe this bit.
- The only time travelling he can actually do is forwards at the rate of 24 hours per day.
- So yes, he has clearly forgotten to take his Clozapine today.
Self-appointed and failed “prophet” Johnny Enlow says that a red wave would have been “the worst thing possible that could have happened” in the recent elections because then people wouldn’t think election fraud is a problem. Instead, Enlow claims that this election was filled with even “more fraud” than 2020 as “part of a continuing sting operation that good military is doing.”
- “Well don’t you see? It’s actually GOOD that all the stuff that we “prophesied from God” didn’t happen because…” … (I got no further because my ears decided to shutdown in a silent protest at being steeped in such rich BS)
- Meanwhile, if mental gymnastics ever becomes an olympic sport, then this guy is most definitely up for gold.
Michele Bachmann Claims a ‘Fog of Delusion’ Is Preventing Americans From Realizing the 2022 Elections Were Rigged
- Somebody’s brain is indeed fogged up: Hint, it is not you, and it is not me.
Nick Fuentes says Black voters will never support the Republican Party so the GOP must “do what must be done”: “Send the military into these Black neighborhoods [and] make the streets safe. They’ll complain about it, [but] it doesn’t matter. They’re never gonna vote for us.”
- He has clearly looked at the Alex Jones settlement numbers and is thinking “I can beat that”
Nick Fuentes warns that if “the Jews” don’t stop oppressing people like him, it will soon lead to violence: “The Jews had better start being nice to people like us because what comes out of this is gonna be a lot uglier and a lot worse for them. … Because history has shown that once this train gets going.”
- The issue is not that he says this shit, but rather that there are elected GOP representatives that openly and happily support him.
The GOP Civil War
Laura Loomer is retroactively withdrawing her endorsement of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene after Green supported Rep. Kevin McCarthy to be the GOP’s nominee for Speaker of the House.
- The detection of any political fallout from this move by her can’t even be measured with a scanning tunneling electron microscope.
Elijah Schaffer was streaming Monday night when it was reported that Kari Lake had lost the election for governor of Arizona. Schaffer did not take it well, fuming that this is why the Founding Fathers didn’t “want stupid fucking morons who haven’t done shit in their life to be voting.”
- Kari will be pissed to discover that he has been talking about her voters like this.
Lauren Witzke Says Giving Women the Right to Vote ‘Was the Worst Thing That Ever Happened to America’
- We really do need to swap her for 100 Hazara women from Afghanistan. They will relish the chance for freedom, and Lauren obviously wants to live somewhere where women have no rights, so she will truly love what the Taliban have done with Afghanistan.
Some Good News
Nothing from Greg Locke this week?
Yep, he has finally been cut off …
I’d speculate that his next sermon will be … “YoUtUbE iS fuLL oF wiTcHeS!“
- Akbar Shahid Ahmed @ HuffPost: Nevada Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto Reelected, Preserving Democrats’ Control Of Senate.
- Justin Horowitz @ Media Matters: Echoing his pre-January 6 rhetoric, Steve Bannon now demands Arizona refuse to certify midterm election results.
- Daniel Villarreal @ LGBTQ Nation: 4 Supreme Court justices attended celebration of powerful anti-LGBTQ legal group.
- Hemant Mehta @ OnlySky: Common sense wins: ‘Religious Freedom’ Amendment fails in Arkansas.
- John Light and Kaila Philo @ Talking Points Memo: Election Deniers Fail To Win Secretary Of State Positions In Swing States.
- Steve Benen @ The Maddow Blog: John Kelly: Trump wanted IRS to target perceived political foes.
- David Gilbert @ Vice News: QAnon Lost the Midterms.
- Steve Benen @ The Maddow Blog: Scandal-plagued suspected criminal launches presidential campaign.
- Andrew Prokop @ Vox: Why a second Trump term would be even more dangerous than his first.
- William Vaillancourt @ The Daily Beast: Even Sean Hannity Cut Away From Donald Trump’s 2024 Announcement Speech.
- David Gilbert @ Vice News: QAnon Is Not Very Happy With Trump’s 2024 Announcement.
- John Fea @ Current: If GOP candidates lose, Eric Metaxas and Mike “MyPillow Guy” Lindell will find fraud.
- Media Matters: iHeart’s Jesse Kelly bemoans the US team’s use of a rainbow crest in the World Cup: “I do not serve a nation of degeneracy.”
- Ipas: Slide to Christian Nationalism: CPAC’s Global Expansion into Mexico.
Statistic of the week
This might actually surprise you, but some Evangelicals really are bettering themselves and becoming more ethical …
Guess who bought the domain name DonaldJTrump2024.com …
There are of course alternatives …