Mike Lindell’s Cyber symposium in South Dakota the week before last week had been billed as the reveal of “irrefutable proof” that the 2020 presidential election was stolen. As anticipated by most, nothing of any substance was revealed and so Mike is now throwing a hissy fit about it all …
Predictably, Lindell reacted to the fiasco by spreading new conspiracy theories alleging that left-wing reporters worked with “antifa” activists to sabotage his event, going so far as to accuse the far-right outlet TruNews of being an “antifa” front group funded by Media Matters.
Yes, you read that correctly. TruNews, the anti-vaccine, anti-semitic, End Times conspiracy theory network, is now being accused by Lindell of being secretly “antifa” and hence responsible for sabotaging his event.
The irony and karma is not lost on me here. A conspiracy theorist is now promoting a conspiracy theory about an outlet that promotes conspiracy theories. As the viral tweet from Adrian Bott from back in 2015 put it, “I never thought leopards would eat MY face,’ sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party“
So what else has happened during this past week?
Below you will find a selection of truly bizarre claims and declarations. What follows comes with a hat-tip to my source, Right-Wing watch. They simply report the absurd silly claims without comment. The snarky commentary under each below is wholly mine, it is me having a bit of fun mocking these fools.
The Big Lie
Michele Bachmann declares that “there’s no doubt” that former President Donald Trump won the election and it’s a “delusion” to believe that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the legitimate president and vice president.
- She is wholly correct to point out that there is a delusion in play here. However, to correctly identify who is actually deluded she needs to look in a mirror.
After declaring that he hopes Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer “burns in Hell for even being alive,” Josh Bernstein essentially threatened violence if the For The People voting reform legislation is passed.
- Josh is clearly very much a fan of one vote for each and every “white” person, and nobody else should ever vote.
We have a global pandemic killing millions, and we have a way to protect you and stop you from dying. We also have folks who say, “Vaccine?, Nah, not for me I’m good”. Here they are, the ANTIVA stars of the week:
Laurie Roth warns that COVID-19 vaccines are a globalist plot to depopulate the planet: “Genocide is upon us and we must figure out now if we will live or die.”
- Healthcare really is a global plot, but the goal is to keep you alive, not kill you.
- The actual depopulating going on is via COVID. As for the anti-vaccine advocates, I can happily nominate them for a Darwin award. (For those unaware of Darwin awards, these go to individuals who manage to remove themselves from the gene pool by doing something truly stupid).
Wayne Allyn Root claims that if Trump was still president, “not one Democrat in America would be taking these vaccines.”
- Not just one, but most of them would. COVID does not do politics or elections, it just infects.
- Most would not be stupid enough to think that a vaccine during a Trump administration was some nefarious plot.
David Lane says that Dr. Anthony Fauci is “sharing the ranks of Kim Jong-un, Joseph Stalin, Fidel Castro, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini and numerous other modern totalitarian dictators of similar ilk.”
- Did I miss a part of Dr. Fauci’s career progression, was he invading Poland or going on Long Marches before taking up medicine?
The supposed Christian intellectual, Eric Metaxas complains that some “punk” working the ski lift when he and his family went skiing forced him to wear a mask, which he says is exactly how Germany slid into Nazism: “How did it happen in Germany that these young Brownshirts would behave like that? And I was astonished ’cause I thought, ‘This is how it happened.’”
- Yes indeed, the Nazi Brownshirts were truly renowned for ensuring you were safe from any viral infections on ski lifts.
- Eric does not perhaps appreciate that our sympathies are with the hourly paid young kid on the ski lift doing his job when faced with a dumbass like Eric.
- The observation that MAGA cultists like Eric get offended at the thought of considering other people’s lives perhaps tells us a great deal about the true shallowness of their “Christian” compassion and empathy.
- These loons really do appear to all live in an echo chamber. They really do need to strive to find metaphors that actually work and don’t make themselves look like swivel-eyed tin-foil-hat wearing kooks.
- Most can grasp that the CDC public health policy is there to protect people. To liken it to the holocaust takes an impressive and truly awe inspiring barrel of stupidity to accomplish.
Michele Bachmann is now promoting a blood test that she claims can determine if you’re naturally immune to COVID-19, warning that if you’re immune and get vaccinated, “that pushes your body’s system into autoimmune disease territory. That’s really bad.”
- A 250 Dollar Test!! Instead of a free vaccine … and no, you don’t get autoimmune disease via the vaccine, she honestly is totally clueless. The CDC even recommends extra shots if you actually have an autoimmune disease.
- Basically the take home here is this – Don’t get medical advice from Michele Bachmann. Knowing the way she operates, I’d speculate she is an investor in the company that sells these $250 tests.
- In one respect Bachmann truly is a pioneer. She did crazy long before it became popular.
- Yes, I published the details of this one separately, but for completeness, I’ve included it here as well.
- Despite some very challenging competition, Shane wins Gold in the Kook relay race this week.
Ohio Republican U.S. Senate candidate Josh Mandel Falsely Claims US Postal Service Is Unconstitutional, Vows to Eliminate It
- It appears to be an almost unwritten law that those that wish to impose biblical or constitutional standards are usually people who have no clue what those documents actually say.
- Given Mandel’s supposed reverence for the Constitution, one would assume that he’d be familiar with Article 1, Section 8, which explicitly gives Congress, among other things, the power to “establish post offices and post roads.”
- Just to ensure that you truly absorb the irony here, Lin, as a strong QAnon advocate, believes Trump has been battling a global Satanic cult that practise Pedophilia
- Now here is Lin, promoting a guy who has been indicted “for statutory sexual assault” of a minor.
- My industrial strength irony meter just went thermonuclear.
Actions really do have consequences
It’s tempting to add a snarky comment to these, but no, I’ll let them simply stand alone. These come via a different source. In this case they are from Hemant Mehta’s blog. He does not name names in the titles, but he does within his postings. He also cites the original source so that it is all verifiable …
Christian Radio Host Who Discouraged Getting the Vaccine Dies of COVID
Anti-Vaxxer Minister Cancels “Prophetic Mentoring Weekend” After Catching COVID
Anti-Vaxxer Catholic Cardinal Currently on Ventilator After Catching COVID
Not everybody is Crazy
Let’s end on a more positive note. There are good people out there doing what is right. Here are a couple of examples …
Catholic Bishop: “I Will Not Issue” Any Religious Exemptions to COVID Vaccines.
- I might not believe everything he believes, but I will offer him a hat tip for refusing to permit religion to be used as an excuse to prolong the pandemic.
School Board meetings are often places where the crazy comes out, but common sense can and does often manifest and prevail as well. A Hat Tip to the parent within the tweet below who points out that the stuff being called out is utter BS …
What is also encouraging are the number of likes that the tweet gets.
Will The Crazy every stop?
So that’s it for this week’s posting. Will next week’s be any different, is it possible for all these crazy people to suddenly find some common sense?
You know the answer. Past experience is an indicator of future behaviour.
What they earn each and every week is laughter and mockery.
Thankfully they are only a minority.