Seriously now, no district court judge issues a 155-page opinion on a federal holiday (much less July 4th) unless he intends to make a career-altering statement and craves major media attention.
Quote: “In an extraordinary ruling, a Trump appointed judge has blocked the entire Biden Administration from even CONTACTING social media companies about taking public health steps involving vaccine disinformation, characterizing anti vax conspiracy theories as political speech.“
From the folks who believe every sperm is sacred, I guess it is a natural progression to “every sentence on social media has a right to life”, and so the Disinformation Governance Board is for now gagged.
If indeed you are free speech absolutist, then you might wish to hit pause and ponder over the at least 200,000 US citizens who are now dead because they embraced anti-vaccine misinformation.
“No I insist that we must have absolute free speech” some might quip. Good luck maintaining that stance when faced with a stream of stuff that not only attacks and undermines democracy but also promotes and encourage violence, literal Nazis, fascism, blatant disinformation, and child porn.
If, when faced with this latest bit of legal lunacy, you are thinking WTF, then yes, welcome to the party, come on in and join the rest of us.
Moving on, below you will once again find my usual weekly selection of some truly bizarre and extreme claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my various sources, let’s dive in.
These are all people who have worked ever so hard to earn our laughter and mockery, so let’s not disappoint them.
We all get suckered by a fake quote from time to time.
The question is what we do when that happens. How we respond shows who we are. Hawley has done nothing.
With made-up complaints that make it to the Supreme Court to easily debunked fake quotes such as this about the nation’s founding, it reveals that the foundation for a great deal is nothing but lies.
Apparently Jason Rapert lied about his SCOTUS interactions … (yes I know, you are not exactly shocked by this revelation) …
Trump “Has a Plan” to deal with CO2 pipelines
No doubt we will all get his plan in “about two weeks”.
The Consequences of Overturning Roe
Climate of Denial
Homophobia on Steroids
Christian hate-preacher Tommy McMurtry says he’d “rather bring a poisonous snake into the church” than a gay person. “Sodomites: Sometimes they’ll sneak in and they can look like one of us.“
- I’m guessing you know this, but if you don’t … actually bringing poisonous snakes to church really is a thing for some and yes, as you can guess, people do indeed die because of that. There is no denying that some people really do strive ever so hard to corner the “stupidity” market.
- In this specific case, the poisonous snake is the guy delivering the sermon.
Christian hate-preacher Duncan Urbanek says gay people should be murdered. “Why do they even exist?… They should be arrested and tried and be executed by the government… You know why sodomites want to adopt children? So they can abuse them. That’s the only reason.“
- Yet more Christian “Love” on display.
- I think it is safe to say that the entire Atheist community is better at upholding the teachings of Jesus then this guy is
I’ll just drop this here with no additional comment …
MAGA pastor/self-proclaimed “prophet” Hank Kunneman asked his church band to “play our great national anthem” in honor of God and our country – unfortunately for him, he never actually checked to make sure that they actually know how it goes.
- Embarrassment factor dialled right up to 11 on this one … even Frank Drebin took a better shot at it.
- This is pure MAGA … don’t play it right, just play it loud and then tell everybody that it was right if anybody asks.
Help I am Transphobe who does not know how adjectives work
Screenshot because she deleted it …
For anybody struggling, let me put it to you by using the classic illustrations that you have probably come across a few hundred times, but for some strange reason she totally missed …
- Mathematically – All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares (So yes, she clearly skipped 2nd grade and missed this lesson)
- Avian illustration – All ducks are birds, but not all birds are ducks
- Nationality – All Italians are people, but not all people are Italians
At Moms for Liberty’s Philadelphia event, North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson (R) says dictators like Hitler, Stalin and Mao are being taken out of context and promotes reading their writings. “…It is time for us to get back and start reading some of those quotes.“
- We appear to have now reached the point where Republican elected officials are not only pushing for bans on LGBTQ books but encouraging all to read books by Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.
The False Profit$
Self-described Christian “prophet” Robin R. Bullock (whose name is the same as her husband’s) perpetuated the lie that kids identify as animals. “This is happening in a school! They put a litter box in a girls’ bathroom because she identified as a cat!“
- Fact Check: The Hoax claim has its very own wikipedia page, it takes roughly about 10 seconds on google to debunk this BS
- Meanwhile Robin’s attempt to identify as somebody with factual insights is totally failing … yet no doubt there are people in her audience stupid enough to believe her.
- For those thinking “You can’t make this up” … actually, that’s exactly what they did, they made it up because it’s not real.
Statistic of the week
Well gosh, apparently actions really do have consequences; what a shocker that discovery is. Nobody saw this one coming …
Thankfully his “Make America Florida” campaign bid is not going to float all the boats he needs.
You might enjoy this …