After spending literally millions promoting the big lie that the 2020 Election was “stolen”, Mike Lindell was sued by both Smartmatic, and Dominion Voting Systems because he had libelled them by falsely claiming that they had rigged the election.
I must admit, it takes a truly special kind of stupid to vigorously libel billion dollar corporations who have the smartest of smart lawyers on speed dial. Call the CEO a twit or an idiot and they will simply roll their eyes and move on (unless they have the first name “Elon). However, promote stuff that seriously impacts their business and you are toast.
Lindell’s response to the lawsuits was to simply launch his own counter suits.
The update this past week is this …
A U.S. district judge ordered MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell to pay some of voting machine company Smartmatic’s court costs and fees, saying in a ruling on Thursday that some of Lindell’s claims against Smartmatic fall “on the frivolous side of the line.”
“The Court agrees with Smartmatic that Lindell has asserted at least some groundless claims,” U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols wrote in his ruling.
“In particular, the Court concludes that at the very least Lindell’s claim against Smartmatic under the Support or Advocacy Clause falls on the frivolous side of the line (other claims do too). As a result, the Court orders Lindell and his previous counsel to pay some of the fees and costs Smartmatic has incurred defending itself and moving for sanctions,” he added.
Nichols also granted motions from Smartmatic, Dominion Voting Systems and Hamilton Place to dismiss the lawsuits against them.
Beyond that good news that has also been other really good news from the primaries as well. Madison Cawthorn lost.
One word … Yea.
To be honest, it was not really a surprise. His claim that he had been invited to orgies by Republican colleagues did not help. Nor did the photos that featured him dressed in women’s lingerie or the video of him butt naked dry humping a male colleague help either. It turns out that none of that is a vote winning strategy. Who knew.
Moving on, below you will find my usual selection of some truly bizarre claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. Let’s dive in.
Alex Jones insanely claims certain covid vaccines are causing monkeypox: “What is AstraZeneca and J+J. They’re virus vectors that inject the genome of a chimpanzee into your cells.” Maybe Marge Greene can discuss this with him on her next appearance on the show.
- You really can’t help but wonder if natural Selection will in the long run resolve the challenge we face with those that refuse vaccines and denigrate health care providers as evil incarnate.
- Meanwhile, I suspect libelling billion dollar corporations perhaps is a bit of a siren call for a whole new world of legal pain for Alex
- Side Note: Yes, he really is so utterly stupid that he does not know that Monkeypox does not actually come from monkeys.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says Bill Gates is going to use Monkeypox as another scam to make money and control the world, and he also wants everyone to eat fake meat created in a lab and drink “poop water.” “Why is Bill Gates running everything?”
- I really don’t think Bill Gates, who is focused on giving away most of his money, wants or needs to get even wealthier.
- Reminder: She is not some random nutter, she is a Republican elected to the House. Her primary is coming up next week (May 24th). If they pick her, then they need to understand that it sends a very clear message about those that did so.
Democrats who won during the week: “We believe even Republicans should have health care.” Republicans who won during the week: “We think it should be illegal for Democrats to win elections.”
- Press: Both parties are rushing to their extremes.
- The bible also condemns eating shellfish as an abomination, yet for some reason he is not bothered by anybody eating prawns.
Jacky Eubanks, a Republican running for the Michigan State House, said she’d vote to ban all birth control because people shouldn’t think “they can have consequence-free sex.”
- Fucking hell – no that’s not an expletive, but rather is a literal description of what she wants to bring about.
- I suspect the rather obvious here is that this was said by a woman who has never had an org…really good time.
192 Republicans vote against $28 million for baby formula shortage
- Republicans’ steadfast commitment to life begins at conception and ends at birth.
- The ever so tiny flaw in his “analysis” is that following Trump on twitter does not translate into a Vote. This is because Russian Porn bots don’t get to vote.
- This is what happens when you use maths books from Florida
- Eric’s claim that Biden did not get 80 million votes is actually correct, he got over 81 million.
Gov Desantis travels around Florida handing out millions for projects while criticizing Biden for excessive spending.
- The kicker here is that what Desantis fails to tell anybody is that the funds he is handing out came from Biden’s American Rescue Plan
Tweet by Archbishop Salvatore J. Cordileone reads …”After numerous attempts to speak with Speaker Pelosi to help her understand the grave evil she is perpetrating, the scandal she is causing, an the danger to her own soul she is risking, I have determined that she is not to be admitted to Holy Communion.“
- Polite Reminder: Salvatore Cordileone is one of the most rabidly anti-LGBTQ members of the Catholic leadership, is an anti-vaxxer, and was arrested in 2012 for drunk driving. He opposes employment protections for LGBTQ people and called same-sex relationships “gravely evil.”.
- He is also part of the leadership of an organisation that actively covered up, protected, and enabled child abuse on an almost global industrial scale. He is in no position to be dispensing moral judgements.
- Being condemned by this guy is literally a badge of honour.
NBC News: EXCLUSIVE: Michigan’s top election official says she was told President Trump had suggested in a WH meeting that she be arrested for treason and executed after she refused to overturn 2020 presidential election results.
- Anybody still actively supporting the idiot-in-chief is telling you that they are OK with overthrowing democracy and replacing it with a dictatorship.
- Republicans aren’t even trying to make their lies sound plausible anymore.
- One reason most Americans aren’t yet freaking out about the future of democracy is because they have NO IDEA this is what the Republican Party is now. They’re not on Twitter, they don’t watch C-SPAN and they’re mostly missing the rapidly growing lunacy.
Creationist Ken Ham says a carousel will soon be installed outside Ark Encounter, and it’ll have dinosaurs that kids can ride.
- The idea of riding dinosaurs is literally lifted from that well known historical documentary, the Flintstones.
Again Alex Jones, here is where he says the globalists are putting a chemical in the liners of soft drink cans that is causing men’s penises to shrink: “That’s why genitals, I don’t care if you’re black or white, are a third of the size they were of a 1960s male .. and the sperm counts are down 96%”
- So there you have it then, Alex Jones thinks that guys from the 1960s had 18″ dicks.
- There is a rather clear case of projection going on here.
The False Profit$
Someone asked Christian “prophetess” Kat Kerr what happens to babies who die. Do they meet Jesus in Heaven? Instead of admitting the truth, she went with this wild answer.
- I really do have to admit, the answer I did not have on my Bingo card was “Jesus stuffs the babies into a kangaroo’s pouch”
- She’s telling people that the souls of embryos that die go straight to heaven, Do not pass go, do not collect $200 … wouldn’t that make abortion the easiest way to get souls directly to heaven unblemished? – This makes allowing a baby to be born into an infinitely evil act.
- Yes you also can just make shit up as you go and then call yourself a prophet.
Christian hate-preacher Greg Locke told the people in his Tennessee tent church today, “You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation!” He later threatened Democrats watching him, “You ain’t seen [an] insurrection yet.“
- Greg Locke is literally an inspiration … for folks such as the Buffalo shooter.
- His stance is one where he has taken the teachings of Jesus and decided to run with the complete opposite
Tweet of the week
Statistic of the week
Quote of the week
“religion teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world”