What is perhaps making some media splash is that Ronna McDaniel has got a forth term as RNC chair. Her main competitor Harmeet Dhillon failed to get enough votes. But wait, didn’t Mike Lindell, a.k.a Mr Pillow, make a claim about the certainty of him winning the chair, did he even stand? He did, and managed to get exactly four votes. One RNC member is quoted as saying, ““The pillow guy? That’s kind of a joke“. Apparently voting members went out of their way to avoid his calls as he tried to lobby support. The reception he held last Tuesday that he claimed was “great” and “very well attended.” was in reality sparsely attended.
This is so symbolic of everything about him. He has been claiming for the past two years that he has solid proof that 2020 was rigged and stolen and that his big evidence reveal was just weeks away, yet time after time nothing of any credible substance was ever presented. He is being sued by Dominion systems for his persistent fraudulent claims that they helped rig the election with their election machines, so he faces being totally wiped out financially. He is sure he can fight them off and is as certain to fulfil that promise as he has every other failed promise .
One other semi-notable event is the assignment of Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene being given a seat on the homeland security committee. She is also expected to be part of a subcommittee investigating the government’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Here is a quick review of some of her previous highlights …
- Her claim that no plane crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11
- She was banned from Twitter about a year ago for her promotion of COVID misinformation
- She has claimed support for executing Democratic politicians
- She has harassed the survivor of a mass school shooting.
- Oh and let’s not forget that she claimed Jewish space lasers were responsible for wildfires in CA
In other words, a nutter who is opposed to vaccines and masks will investigate COVID-19, and a 9/11 conspiracy theorist and QAnon proponent will be on the homeland security committee. While not all Republicans are this crazy, the fact that she is on committees is so very symbolic of the total clown show that modern Republicanism has now evolved into.
Let’s not forget that she is also best buddies with the guy who just loves Hitler …
Should we be worried?
Well let me put it this way, when considering what is going on the The House, the phrase “What could possibly go wrong?” now involves a response that consists of a vast multi-volume tome that contains more words than the number of gains of sand on the entire planet. For example, one big ticket elephant in the room is the $8 Trillion bill that Trump managed to dump on the US deficit. That is now due, but the debt ceiling is probably not going to get raised. The consequences of that are almost unthinkable, but these days we really better start thinking about it.
Moving on, below you will once again find my usual selection of some truly bizarre and extreme claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my various sources, let’s dive in.
Rightwing pastor Paul Blair says that Christians “need to go on the attack” and start pressuring local governments to declare June to be “Biblical Sexuality Month” rather than LGBTQ Pride Month: “It’s not by accident they stole the rainbow.”
- “Attack” … because … “they stole the rainbow“. How exactly do you steal a rainbow?
- Are you sure about wanting “Biblical Sexuality” Paul? Remember that is one guy, one or more wives, plus all his concubines (sex slaves). It could also be one dad and his two daughters (Lot). Then again, as Paul argued in the NT, it should simply be one guy, alone, no wife, no girlfriends, no sex slave, nada, so no marriage at all … ever.
Tyler Russell wants to see “a real America First Christian government” take power and “make devil-worshiping illegal”: “How about if you worship Satan, you go to jail?”
- Here is some heresy according to Tyler … “… Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion …”. He will no doubt be looking at the founding fathers and chanting “Lock Them Up”.
- “America First” is both a Trump slogan and also the credo of the white supremacist Ku Klux Klan organization.
David Lane says that the Founding Fathers refused to turn civil government “over to Satan and those who serve him. They would neither surrender the ministry of civil government nor give in to those who live in rebellion against God.”
- Mr Lane is the extremist who has made a career out of pushing right-wing pastors into politics over the last few decades. He is very much into manifesting his “Christian Love” by vigorously hating gay people.
- Within the article that the above comes from he rather bizarrely claims that the US is “God’s special Ally“. The “logic” for his claim that the US was established as a Christian nation is the observation that the deeply religious folks that turned up in the 1600’s wanted to establish their colonies as “Christian” and said so within their charters, so basically bugger all that secular stuff that followed on after that.
- He also says the quiet part out load by expressing a deep loathing for public education. Clearly he much prefers ignorance and autocratic religious indoctrination as his preferred social solution.
Vincent James calls on his fellow fascists to take control of state legislatures and impose public school curricula to “make it mandatory to believe the things that we do”: “What we have to do is we have to go backwards.”
- You might think he means going backwards to 1950, or even 1890 … nope, from his viewpoint he means 1690, a time of witch trials that he no doubt sees as a jolly fun time. For folks like Vincent, The Crucible is not just a play, instead it is a political guidebook and how-to handbook.
- “we have to make it mandatory to believe the things that we do” says the guy who also claims that the Left doesn’t understand freedom. This is perhaps as absurd as “I believe in magic pink invisible unicorns and I will make it mandatory that you also believe it“
The Persecution of the Whites
Lauren Witzke claims that whites are “the most persecuted people in America”: “I have never been so scared to have white children in the future because I’m like this is only going to get worse.”
- “Persecution” translation: In her case this means valid fact based criticism of the shitty things she promotes
- I applaud her position of not having children like herself. That decision will make the world a far far better place.
- For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
Nick Fuentes, the guy who has been expressing his deep love of Hitler had his Twitter account restored.
- He was banned from Twitter in July 2021 for “repeated violations” of its rules. He has also been banned from almost every mainstream social media platform. There is a reason for all that. Naturally Elon thinks, “Yea, let’s have this guy back, because he was so much fun last time around“
- Well guess what happened, Mr Fuentes proceeded to praise both Hitler and the Unabomber, so it basically took no more that 24 hours for Elon’s twitter to work out that his account restore was a really really bad idea – they have now banned him again. This is all literally a real-time education session for Elon to grasp why these accounts were banned.
Patrick Howley declares that “everyone knows that White people are getting replaced and genocided, but the normies on both sides want to censor you if you talk about it because they support the White genocide.”
- His “White Genocide” is an unusual type of “genocide”. It is the one where nobody actually dies. Instead, this is where he is simply expresses concern that non-white people might outnumber white people, so he whips his mob of troglodytes into a racist frenzy regarding this.
Trump cultist DeAnna Lorraine is starting to wonder how former President Donald Trump can supposedly be a brilliant 5D chess tactician while simultaneously surrounding himself with nefarious actors who somehow keep duping him into supporting things like COVID-19 vaccines: “You can’t have it both ways. Which one is it?”
- It’s not 5d Chess he plays, but rather pigeon chess. That’s where the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits all over the board, and then struts around believing that it has won.
- If you think she is close to getting it then I have news for you, the only thing she is close to getting is COVID.
Right-wing anti-vaccine “expert” Sherri Tenpenny warned that we’ll see a “tsunami of deaths” in 2023 and that by the end of the year, everyone will have “a minimum of 5—probably 10 or more—close friends and family members that have died” from the vaccine
- Reminder: back in April 2022 she claimed that every vaccinated person would have AIDS by the end of 2022 … and here we are in 2023.
- Fact Check: There is something that really does cause a unusually high number strong healthy people to suddenly drop dead. As a contrast to Ms Tenpenny’s claims that have exactly zero credible evidence, here is some rather robust evidence for this – Nature (Feb 10, 2022) “Massive study shows a long-term, substantial rise in risk of cardiovascular disease, including heart attack and stroke, after a SARS-CoV-2 infection.“.
The Hillary Clinton Fan Club is alive and well
QAnon conspiracy theorist Liz Crokin spoke at the same conference as Tenpenny and dedicated her entire speech to accusing Hillary Clinton of being involved in child sex trafficking: “Lock her up!”
- When it comes to actual sexual predators within their own camp, for example Trump himself, Roy Moore, or Matt Gaetz, they are rather strangely silent. Instead they simply make up stuff like this and then promote it as “truth”.
- Finding this claim is still out in the wild is a hoot because rather a long time has passed since 2016.
- The weirdness here is not that she believes this stuff because there will always be kooks who embrace crazy ideas, but rather that somebody thought giving her a national tour to go promote it all was a “good idea”.
Then there was also this …
Associated Press has a stylebook that they tweeted out. It recommends not using “The”, and one of their examples is “The French”. The French Embassy Twitter account replied …
Stew Peters lays out his ideal political platform: “We need a candidate for president to run on a simple platform: round up Big Pharma, Big Tech and any politicians and/or global elites under American jurisdiction. Then Indict, Try, and Fry them at Nuremberg 2.0.”
- He appears to have his history confused, Nuremberg involved us putting Nazi’s in trial, it was not them putting us on trial.
- Peters is the guy who produced an anti-vaccine film in 2022 called Watch the Water that claims that COVID-19 vaccines are derived from snake venom in order to transform people into “a hybrid of Satan” – he is literally running a snake oil scam out of the back of his wagon.
Right-wing pastor Brandon Holthaus declares that the “woke movement” is “the Whore of Babylon.”
- Translation: His stance is that having empathy and concern about social injustice is evil.
- Whenever reality refuses to pander to their weird beliefs they conclude that reality is simply a delusion.
The False Profit$
Fake Prophet Mario Murillo is working to expose fake prophet Robin Bullock as a false prophet
- Time to break out the popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show as these grifters proceed to tear each other apart.
As Trump loses support among some evangelicals, MAGA cultist Shane Vaughn rails against “these demons” who are trying to get Christians to support other potential candidates like Ron DeSantis: “[Trump is] not just a man, he’s God’s man!“
- His beef is that his chosen and anointed one is no longer being chosen or anointed
- Permit me to explain; What Shane, who is not just a Pastor, but a Pastor who was convinced for fraud and previously sent to jail for that, is really saying is this … “My grift! Please hear me! My grift must continue! And that grift is a man! And that man must continue! And I must be with that man! And I really want a man! And my grift! Please!“
- As for his “chosen one”, well here is a little list of seven deadly sins to consider; 1.Lust (tick), 2. Gluttony (tick), 3.Greed (tick), 4.Sloth (tick), 5.Wrath (tick), 6.Envy (tick), 7.Pride (tick) … if indeed that turd is the “chosen one” of God, then clearly God’s choosing skills are rather crap.
- Will Sommer @ The Daily Beast: Trump Resort to Host Pro-QAnon Speaking Tour.
- Liam Adams @ The Tennessean: ReAwaken America Nashville: How locals are reacting to major right-wing event.
- Joe Jervis: Trump To Preside Over Memorial Service For Diamond.
- David Gilbert @ Vice News: Some Of Trump’s Biggest Supporters Are Ditching Him Over These Vaccine Comments.
- Jennifer Bendery @ HuffPost: Kevin McCarthy Has Packed The House Oversight Committee With Election Deniers.
- Hunter Walker @ Talking Points Memo: Alleged Shooting Mastermind Emerges As Central Figure In New ‘False Flag’ Theories.
- Matthew Chapman @ Raw Story: GOP operative thanks God for killing Georgia House Speaker because he was an ‘obstacle’ to abortion bans.
- Aaron Navarro and Cristina Corujo @ CBS News: Evangelical leaders who supported Trump’s presidency are waiting for other candidates in 2024.
- Lizzie O’Leary @ Slate: “Died Suddenly” Is Anti-Vaxxers’ New Favorite Phrase.
- Cassandra Jaramillo, Lauren McGaughy and Allie Morris @ ProPublica/The Dallas Morning News: Promoters of Election Lies Also Hyped a Hospital for Ukraine. That Never Happened Either.
- Katherine Stewart @ The New Republic: The Rise of Spirit Warriors on the Christian Right.
Statistic of the week
Well gosh, when you promote intolerance, hatred, and batshit crazy conspiracy claims, then for some rather strange reason, increasing numbers of younger people who are not already emotionally invested in your club, have decided it is not for them … weird that.