The four officers testimony before the U.S. House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th attack on the United States Capitol were very clear about what actually happened. Officer Daniel Hodges laid it out as follows …
The crowd was overwhelmingly white males, usually a little bit older, middle-aged older, but some younger … They didn’t say anything especially xenophobic to me, but [they did] to my Black colleagues and anyone who’s not white. And some of them would try to recruit me. One of them came up to me and said, “Are you my brother?” There are many known organizations with ties to white supremacy who had a presence there, Three Percenters, Oath Keepers, that kind of thing. And people who associate with Donald Trump I find more likely to subscribe to that belief system.
Michael Fanone, a white MPD officer who was beaten by the insurrectionists and consequently suffered a heart attack, concurred with his colleagues …
A lot of the events of January 6th and the days preceding–I guess it’s interesting from a law-enforcement perspective as a police officer–a lot of these events happen in plain sight. We had violent political rhetoric. We had the organization of a rally whose title was Stop The Steal, and that that rally occurred on January 6th–which I don’t believe was a coincidence that on January 6th members of Congress, you here in the room today, were charged with tallying the electoral votes and certifying the election of our president.
And in the academy, we learn about time, place and circumstance in investigating potential crimes, and those who may have committed them. And so the time, the place and the circumstances of that rally, that rhetoric and those events to me leads in the direction of our [former] president and other members, not only of Congress, but the Senate. But that is what I’m looking for, is an investigation into those actions and activities, which may have resulted in the events of January 6th. And also whether or not there was collaboration between those members, their staff, and these terrorists.
The above is just a flavour, a great deal more was said. See here on NPR for more details. What happened is what happens when a bunch of fools allow a grifter to completely con then into believing a lie.
So what else has happened during this past week?
Below you will find a selection of truly bizarre claims and declarations. What follows comes with a hat-tip to my source, Right-Wing watch. They simply post the absurd silly claims without comment. The snarky commentary below is wholly mine.
Eric Metaxas says the Jan. 6 Select Committee investigation is “unacceptable” because there was no insurrection: “If there was an insurrection, somebody’s brains would have on the floor of the Capitol.”
- Eric, five people died.
Bill Mitchell claims that the Jan. 6 investigation is nothing but a “show trial” meant to conceal the fact that Jan. 6 “was a mostly peaceful protest,” while also insisting that the Capitol insurrection was all House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s fault.
- Indeed yes, all those violent protesters were carrying Pelosi flags and wearing Pelosi hats after marching down from a Pelosi rally … oh wait….
Michele Bachmann Insists Trump Supporters Had Nothing to do With the Jan. 6 Capitol Insurrection
- The participants literally provided the evidence by filming it all and posting it on social media. They did not cover their faces. When arrested, every single one was verified to be a hard-core Trump fanatic. Bachmann is looking you directly in the eye and lying to you – this is gaslighting 101 taken directly from the Trump playbook
Greg Locke warned his congregation that if any member shows up to church wearing a mask, he’ll kick them out.
- Greg is actually doing them a huge favour. Those he boots out won’t be exposed to COVID, and they won’t be exposed to Greg’s brainwashing.
Stew Peters knows how to get rid of COVID-19: “Stop testing, stop getting inoculated, the virus goes away completely.”
- His “Solution” is to literally bury his head in the sand.
‘Satanic Serum’: Rick Wiles Blames Other People Getting Vaccinated For His COVID-19 Infection … “In Wiles’ view, it was not his refusal to get vaccinated that resulted in his infection, but rather it was someone who got vaccinated that was responsible for spreading the infection to him.“
- Rick has literally take the concept of being utterly clueless to some new previously unexplored heights.
Lady Gaga posted a video on Instagram of a pizza she made, so naturally QAnon conspiracy theorist Liz Crokin is up in arms, claiming the video was code for pedophilia.
- If Liz does not like her music she does have the option to simply not listen to it or follow her.
- I do also have to wonder why all these nutters associate pizza with pedophilia.
For $45, Gordon Klingenschmitt will sell you a golden Trump coin “to remind you to pray for our 45th president.”
- To be truly symbolic, it will look like gold but will actually be a fake and cheap coin.
Complaining that U.S athletes are “promoting Marxism,” Lance Wallnau is glad to see U.S. teams losing at the Olympics: “Everywhere they’re bowing the knee to Baal, they’re performing badly in their athletics.”
- Baal? I think I missed that bit in the opening ceremonies.
- I have honestly no idea how US athletes are “promoting Marxism”
- Are the US team losing? Nope, so far the US ranks No.1 for total number of Medal’s on the Medal table. Lance is as usual wrong about this as he is wrong about everything else. If Lance says it, then you can more or less guarantee it is wrong.
Rep. Elise Stefanik praises Medicare and Medicaid while simultaneously railing against “Socialist healthcare schemes.”
- If ignorance was an Olympic sport then Elise just won a gold medal.
The False Profit$
The stars here are of course the religious grifters. To be wholly clear, most humans, regardless of their cultural belief or non-belief are decent. Some however deploy and leverage belief as a tool to manipulate and enrich themselves with. This section is very much dedicated to religious fraudsters …
Jack Hibbs Asks God to Forgive California for Electing ‘People with Antichrist Worldviews,’ Cites Nancy Pelosi and Kamala Harris
- Jack Hibbs is a very vocal Trump supporter. He thinks that Trump is the choose one, a messiah sent by God. He is literally advocating for an anti-christ, an alternative to Christ.
Despite having repeatedly (and falsely) prophesied that Trump would be reelected, right-wing pastor Hank Kunneman continues to declare that the election will be overturned: “God says, ‘Watch … They’re going to have to see election results smack them between their eyes.‘”
- God actually says … “Watch as this failed false self-appointed prophet, fails again and again and again.”
- Side note: My credentials for speaking on behalf of God are exactly the same as his.
Dave Daubenmire Says ‘Dr. Fauci Is an Emissary of the Devil’ Sent to Destroy Christians
- Mr Daubenmire thinks that vaccines are evil incarnate and demonic.
- Side Note: That that avoid it because it is supposedly “experimental” are quite literally putting themselves in the control group.
Failed Prophet Johnny Enlow sees prophetic significance in the fact that the Milwaukee Bucks won the NBA championship: “The two finalist teams were from Arizona and Wisconsin. The Arizona team won the first two games and then it ended with the team from Wisconsin having the wins. Might this be an election scenario tied in with the audits that are going on?”
- The pattern seeking engine sitting between his ears is clearly overheating.
Robin Bullock says that Trump “is the president right now” and it’s therefore impossible to pray for “President Joe Biden” because no such person exists: “Your prayers are to a mythical character.”
- For Robin each and every weeks sees him recede a little bit further away from reality.
Donna Rigney declares that God told her that in addition to former President Donald Trump being reinstated to the White House, countless other candidates who lost their races in 2020 will be sworn into office once all the alleged voter fraud is exposed.
- Donna appears to have mistaken the voices in her head for God.
Nathan French proclaims that those who are “hearing God” know that Trump won the election and that “in the heavens, in the spirit realm, he’s actually still considered the president.”
- Meanwhile far away from Narnia and back here in reality, things are rather different.
That’s a wrap for this past week.
Will next week be any different, is it possible for all these crazy people to suddenly find some common sense?
You know the answer. Past experience is an indicator of future behaviour.
What they earn each and every week is laughter and mockery.
2 thoughts on “The Cult of Fools – “It Was ‘a White Nationalist Insurrection” – Aug 01, 2021”
I fail to see any link to Climate. I suppose you’re just a hard Leftist going around parroting CNN. Does Don Lemon have your direct number?
I’m uninterested in this event, but I will correct you; two women died of unnatural causes, one crushed as Capitol police intervened, the second shot by an unidentified officer, who will not be named because Ashli Babbit’s murder was unjustified.
Officer Sicknick had a stroke. The other deaths were of natural causes as well.
Now can you get back to you skewed position on global warming?
The facts of the 5 deaths are well documented and are not as you described them. If There had been no attack on the capitol, then these 5 people would all still be alive today. If you are truly uninterested, then why bother with a comment?
// skewed position on global warming? //
If you don’t like reading about the latest fact-based evidence then you are under no obligation to read any postings, its not mandatory.