Bianca Gracia, president of Latinos For Trump, recently ran for a seat in the Texas state Senate. She was totally convinced that God had allocated the seat to her. The degree of her belief in this was so strong that she went around claiming victory in the Republican primary months before it even occurred. She was also warning Christians that they would be held accountable by God if they didn’t vote for her.
If you had been following this story then you could of course see this slow-motion car crash happening in real-time. The Republican primary took place on March 1, and she lost … biggly. Almost nobody supported her, and so she came in last place, with single-digit support.
What has happened since then?
Oh come now, you know how this works, it has all been directly lifted from the Trump playbook. She has been doing the rounds insisting that she won and that it was stolen from her. In her case, God also plays the role of her personal avenger…
“God chose me for a reason,” Gracia declared. “I didn’t lose. I won.”
“Let me tell you something,” Gracia declared. “They’re gonna have to deal with God. They don’t need to worry about me. They need to be ready for God because God knows exactly what they did. See, you don’t steal from me, or you, or you; you steal from him, because when he chooses you and he tells you to go, you go and you don’t ask questions.”
Via Right Wing Watch here she is in action…
You have a couple of options here …
- The almighty creator of the entire universe was unable to stop “them” stealing her divinely appointed seat, which would suggest that “they” are more powerful than God.
- She is delusional
I suspect you can work out which is more credible.
Moving on, below you will find my usual selection of some truly bizarre claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my main source, Right Wing Watch, let’s dive in.
Pastor Mario Murillo says the war in Ukraine is a distraction: … “The truth about Hillary, Hunter Biden, the Wuhan Lab, Fauci, Pfizer, election fraud, mass profiteering, and the backlash against their cramming CRT, transgender and other sexual perversions down our throats got too close for comfort, and the Left needed another distraction. This is a distraction! It is meant to cause us to take our foot off the gas, just as we are about to uncover mass corruption.”
- Yes, you read it here first folks – Millions of people being displaced, and thousands being slaughtered and butchered is just a “distraction”. The stuff that supposedly really matters consists of a list of whacky conspiracy theories that have exactly zero evidence.
- Is he really claiming that “the left” gave a nod to Putin to invade so that they would then have a “distraction”? Apparently so. I had no idea that “the left” had that much influence and power on the world stage.
Racist and Nutter Nick Fuentes declares that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy “should be executed for war crimes” for not surrendering to Russia: “I think Zelenskyy should be put to death by Russia.”
- This is just one more data point on the chart that truly does establish that Nick’s “intellect” is only surpassed by his charisma.
- Meanwhile, I’m rather surprise that Nick found the time to declare this given that he is generally rather busy spending all his time licking Putin’s arse these days.
Milo Yiannopoulos continues to call for Dave Rubin to be put to death because Rubin and his husband are expecting children: …“Dave Rubin is why I support the death penalty for unrepentant sodomites.”
- This is the same Milo who is still married to and living with another guy, and has been married to him for the last four years.
Patrick Howley had a screaming meltdown over the fact that he has not achieved the comfortable life to which he believes he is “entitled” as a white man in America and that he is instead being “screwed” by a system that is actively trying to replace him with non-white citizens and committing genocide against white people.
- It is true that he is not getting the life he wants. The reason is not because he is white, but because he is a toxic gobshite and so people strive to avoid him.
- Shock Discovery: Being a very vocal racist, antisemitic, anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist is really not the best way to achieve a “comfortable life”.
Summer Concepcion @ Talking Points Memo: GOP Senator Beats Quick Retreat After Saying Interracial Marriage Should Be Left To States.
- Just in case you missed this gem during the last week, yea, Sen. Mike Braun, R-Ind. said last Tuesday that he believes the Supreme Court should have left the issue of interracial marriage up to states.
- That generated rather a lot of pushback. Gosh I wonder why. His paniked staffers have had to rapidly issue statements that roll that comment back.
- The excuse is that he was confused and misunderstood what he was being asked. That’s what the reporters thought at the time and so they asked the question multiple times in different ways just to be sure that this is what he was saying. In that context his excuse is not credible.
- He clearly loved the question and his answer. Not so much the pushback it all generated, hence the frantic attempt to later roll it back.
Stephanie Mencimer @ Mother Jones: With Little to Attack SCOTUS Nominee, Republicans Are Going Full Hypocrisy.
- Is anybody genuinely surprised by it all, it is who they are?
- BAU for Republicians is Hyprocrisy.
Here are a few more links that highlight the antics of the GOP clowns turning it all into a circus show …
- Justin Baragona @ The Daily Beast: Lindsey Graham Melts Down and Storms Off During Ketanji Brown Jackson Hearing.
- Matt Ford @ The New Republic: Marsha Blackburn and Josh Hawley Greet Ketanji Brown Jackson With Bad-Faith Attacks.
- Brad Reed @ Raw Story: Hearing takes a bizarre turn as Ted Cruz grills Judge Jackson over ‘Antiracist Baby’ book.
- Li Zhou @ Vox: Republicans made Ketanji Brown Jackson’s confirmation hearing about Brett Kavanaugh.
- David Badash @ The New Civil Rights Movement: ‘Performative Vitriol’: Graham Decimated for ‘Reprehensible Smear’ and Attacks on KBJ Before Storming Out.
She is such a good candidate, so qualified, devoid of any scandal, they only have one card left to play – their blatant systemic racism.
Meanwhile, actual racists recognize this and are getting really excited …
- Nick Fuentes is excited because the GOP’s opposition to Ketanji Brown Jackson shows that “the conservative movement is slowly coming back around to its implicit racism of the old days.”
Clay Clark appeared on David Brody’s “The Water Cooler” program to claim that Congress wants to inject everyone with nanotechnology “to control your thoughts.” Brody then tried to distance himself from Clark’s claims, telling viewers to “figure it out for yourself and draw your own conclusions.”
- We really were too slow getting all that lead out of gasoline, brain damage is now manifesting itself on a national scale.
- As for Brody telling his viewers to “figure it out for yourself” … er no, that really is totally beyond the ability of anybody who watches that show.
- As for “controlling your thoughts” – no nanotechnology needed, just watching Tucker on Fox not News does that.
Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin was interviewed by Stew Peters, who suggested that Idaho Gov. Brad Little might be involved in child trafficking. McGeachin wouldn’t go that far, but promised to look into the issue.
- “Are pixies abducting children?, I don’t know. Is Bigfoot involved?. I don’t know.” Come back when you have actual evidence and a “I DO know”. The wrong answer is “I’ll look into it”.
Jason Lemon @ Newsweek: Mike Lindell Claims He Prayed for Dems to ‘Steal’ Senate Seats in GA Runoffs.
- I’m seriously not convinced that Lindell actually prays, I strongly suspect his supposedly Christian persona is just cosplay.
- How exactly does prayer help to “steal” the outcome of a democratic election?
- How exactly do you “steal” an election that was carefully vetted as robust and fair by Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger?
- Perhaps it was Hugo Chavez using Jewish space lasers funded by Soros that did it.
Mark Burns vows that if he is elected to Congress, he’ll “kick Joe Biden in the head” and work tirelessly to reelect “the blackest president that we’ve ever had in the United States of America, and that’s Donald J. Trump.”
- Can anybody remind me of the verse in the bible that this pastor was quoting about kicking people in the head?
- Let’s also not forget this gem of a CNN interview with Burns where they confront him on camera about his totally fraudlent Biography. The clip is just seven minutes and is a joy to watch. It ends with Burns storming away in a huff.
- What is scary is not that Burns is a rogue running a con, but rather, that lots of people believe everything he says.
David Edwards @ Raw Story: Mike Lindell goes berserk announcing more ‘evidence’ of fraud: ‘The biggest breaking news bombshell proof!.’
- We have been here and done this many many times already. Each and every previous claim like this turned into a huge nothing-burger.
Yet another entry from Nick: ‘I’m a 12th Century Man’: White Nationalist Nick Fuentes Longs for the Days of Catholic Monarchy, Crusades, and Inquisitions
- Ah yes, the good old days of Inquisitions, Ignorance, and plague. This honestly does explain a great deal about this guy.
- The only challenge I can see in the weeks to come is if he can possibly come up with anything that is even weirder.
It turns out that in addition to being a virulent anti-gay bigot, Gillyan Christensen is also a QAnon/Pizzagate conspiracy theorist.
- It truly feels like we are in living within a Twilight Zone episode these days, the one where normal looking people spout weird stuff
Rachel Hamm insists that former President Donald Trump won all 50 states in the 2020 election. Her proof? A dream she had: “I feel fairly certain that that is what happened and that it’s only fraud that made it look otherwise.”
- The Tinfoil Hat factory is already running 3 full-time shifts. We really are going to have to build a new one to keep up with the rampent demand.
- Back in 2020 all Republicans who won using the same ballots on the same day via the exact same electoral system have not objected and claimed that their win was rigged … funny that.
Jan Wolfe and Jonathan Stempel @ Reuters: Donald Trump sues Hillary Clinton, others over 2016 Russian collusion allegations.
- Its a blatent con. He will use this to grift more funds then let the lawsuit die.
- It would be fun to watch this progress to the discovery phase.
Eric Metaxas, an obsequious Trump supporter, claims to be outraged by politicians who lie: “When they lie and they lie brazenly, they’re showing their contempt for the American people. That is what’s happening. We’ve never seen this in our lifetime.”
- Guy who supports Trump objects to politicians lying – yes this did indeed break beyond any hope of repair my industrial strength irony meter, just as it did yours.
- This however is “Christian” intellectual Eric Metaxas, hypocrisy is his specialist topic.
- It really is literally a cult.
The False Profit$
Nobody has any idea what Self-Appointed “Prophet” Mark Taylor is talking about: “501c3- 5+0+1=6 c3=666 c3″
- Even Mark Taylor has no idea what Mark Taylor is talking about.
Pastor Shane Vaughn claims that allowing Rep. Liz Cheney to serve on the Jan. 6 commission while she is contemplating possibly running for president is the “crime of the century” and treason.
- (Makes notes) Doing the job you were elected to do is both a crime and treason.
- When it comes to crime, Shane is actually a subject matter expert. He was sentenced to jail for fraud a few years back. At the time he was a Pastor, so that happened after he “found” Jesus, and not before. He did three years.
- He learned that if you package up your con with Jesus then that’s a get-out-of-jail free card. He now presses emotional buttons, such as the above, to get more donations for the MAGA demographic. Along with the clip you will find lots of different ways to donate.
Also, this past week Pastor Shane Vaughn says the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol was “a crime of passion” and that the Supreme Court is to blame for refusing to hear challenges to the 2020 election.
- This supposed “crime of passion”, a legal term that means it happened in an emotional moment and was not premediated, had many many weeks of planning before the event.
- As for the Supreme court, they do tend to be a tad picky. Things like an actual case along with credible evidence generally tend to be a prerequisite.
Good News Items
Will Sommer @ The Daily Beast: Alex Jones Could Face Arrest After Defying Court Order—Again.
- Quote: “Mr. Jones cannot unilaterally decide to continue to engage in his broadcasts, but refuse to participate in a deposition,” a judge said Wednesday.
- If you don’t actually know who Alex Jones is then consider yourself truly blessed. For those who don’t know, and still wish to cast fear to one side and wade into that open latrine, then here is his Wikipedia Page.
Meanwhile in Ukraine
Via operations in Ukraine we have been granted a distinct insight into Russian military doctrine. We have learned that from their viewpoint warfare should be split into these phases.
- Phase 1: Declare huge goals and under resource them
- Phase 2: Offer up your logistic tail to the enemy for destruction
- Phase 3: Ensure your own morale is rock bottom by not picking up your dead
- Phase 4: Allow your forces to become encircled
- Phase 5: Declare much smaller objectives centred around your pre-war position
- Phase 6: Watch as your forces are cut off and surrender in large numbers
- Phase 7: Lose the territory you started the war with
- Phase 8: Declare victory
Quote of the week
‘But my experience has taught me two lessons: first, that things are seen plainer after the events have occurred; second, that the most confident critics are generally those who know the least about the matter criticized.’Ulysses S. Grant, 18th president of the United States from 1869 to 1877