The response to what happened in Texas is truly jaw dropping, and yet perhaps not so unexpected.
What we have seen from those in charge has been a real-time demonstration of the fine art of gaslighting. They looked the media in the eye and lied about the Green new deal and “Frozen windmills” as the cause. It was in reality their own inept mismanagement that led to a complete lack of a robust energy infrastructure, with no fallback because they had decoupled the state from the National energy infrastructure.
(You can read a very detailed analysis of it all here to understand what really happened).
Meanwhile those that voted for the inept and corrupt will no doubt continue to do so.
Once again I find myself writing a familiar phrase – History will not be kind to them.
Has any other insanity bubbled to the surface during this past week?
You will find below a few samples that have popped up during the past week …
The Cult of Trump
- Truth-Telling About Trump Draws MAGA Rage … They are pissed because she revealed that … “the former president had sided with the mob during a phone call as the Jan. 6 Capitol attack unfolded.”
- This illustrates why so many Republicans Senators stick with Trump. There is considerable intimidation being deployed against any who dare to step out of line. It truly is a cult that will burn heretics.
- Robin Bullock declares that Trump is still president and that President Joe Biden “doesn’t exist”: “They all know he’s not real.”
- Reality is an elusive concept for Robin.
- Mario Murillo Insists the Election Was Stolen Because He Cannot Accept That ‘Americans Are Idiots’ Who Elected Biden
- His actual “evidence” for a stolen election is that lots of people did not vote the same way he did and that is proof enough for him. This stance is rather good evidence that Mario Murillo really is quite literally an idiot.
Biden Fan Club
- Jan Markell says that with President Joe Biden in the White House, “we’re entering some extremely dangerous times, and I think it’s appropriate that the Bible calls the last days perilous.”
- It has been “the last days” for religious people like this for the past 2,000 years.
- Side Note: When Obama was first elected 12 years ago they were saying exactly the same.
- Scott Lively declares that the “Biden ‘presidency’ is proof that our republic has been replaced by despotism – the consequence of our loss of virtue as a people.”
- Lots of typos there … for example the term “been replaced by” should really be “replaced”, and the word “loss” should actually be “gain”.
- Josh Bernstein is confident that he’d easily be elected president if he ran because he’s “an intellect.”
- I look forward to him standing … and then getting no votes at all.
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene complained that her “dear friend” Laura Loomer is a victim of “corporate communism” and “one of the most canceled people I’ve ever met in my life.”
- Her “dear friend” has the gift of pissing people off wherever she steps and so gets banned. Even the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) has banned her.
- You can read all about her here – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Loomer
- She is not targeted for being Conservative, but because she is a nutter who turns up and harasses people.
- Side Note: What the heck does “corporate communism” even mean. If you have communism then corporations don’t exist.
- Rick Wiles thinks that Sen. Mitch McConnell was using “Masonic hand signs” during the speech he delivered criticizing former President Donald Trump.
- I have a non-masonic hand gesture that expresses my thoughts on his supposed insights rather well.
- Tony Perkins and Michael Farris Encourage New Voting Restrictions, Warn of Christian Persecution
- The problem these guys face is that everybody can see that it is the right-wing autocratic Christians that want to do the persecuting. Stopping them from inflicting their batshit crazy beliefs on the rest of us is not “persecution”.
- Josh Bernstein says that Rush Limbaugh was “so important to America’s success and freedoms” that he is “on par with Gen. George Washington and Gen. George Patton.”
- The one and only contribution that Rush Limbaugh really has made to making the world a far better place is by leaving it.
- Jack Posobiec tells Charisma that “my faith means everything to me, and I try to live as a Christian in my daily life.”
- If he is trying then he is catastrophically failing on a biblical scale.
- Dave Daubenmire literally put on a tinfoil hat while insisting that the catastrophic winter storm in Texas was “scientifically impossible” and therefore likely the result of “weather manipulation.”
- I’m really not convinced he actually understands what science is or how weather works.
- Dave Hayes Says the Military Will Remove Biden From Office to ‘Prevent Insurrection’
- Remind me again who the commander in chief of the military is?
- Side Note: He is claiming this is a prophesy, the word of a god, and not simply his wish. Given his track record of failed prophesies, the biblical standard is that he needs to be put to death as a false prophet. I suspect he will be cutting that verse out of his bible.
- Nathan French Prophesies That God Will ‘Wipe Out’ Social Media Companies for Banning Trump
- Is he really saying that God is pissed about social media because Trump was banned for being an obnoxious liar and a twit?
Tweets – Ted Cruz
It truly is best to laugh at him, he has worked hard to earn such mockery and so now is the time to deliver.