When considering the current partisan divide you might perhaps consider it to be a traditional left-wing vs right-wing divide. Once upon a time, that might indeed have been the case. These days however it is no longer the case. It has rapidly devolved into a disagreement over reality.
Let’s test this.
Below you will find a selection of claims and declarations that have popped up during the past week. My source is Right-Wing watch. They are a non-profit who are rather obviously left leaning. If my thinking is wrong and the left vs right is just a disagreement about policy, then the items highlighted should be reasonable, rational, and simply consist of things that present a traditional conservative view regarding some current issue. However, what we actually find is stuff that is absurd, bizarre, and simply not grounded in reality.
Perhaps it is being twisted or quote-mined out of context?
Nope, follow links and you will find the full original content without any doctoring or manipulation. You don’t need to take my word on that, you can check it yourself.
If you do indeed still hold traditional Conservative views, then you will discover that much of this is simply not about left vs right, but has instead become left+right vs fantasy.
Under each of the items I’ve added my own thoughts as a bullet point or two purely for entertainment purposes. Yes, I’m mocking them and laughing at them, and why not, because they have worked so very hard to achieve that (unintentionally) so I’m happy to deliver.
Remember, what is below comes from the last seven days only. Any attempt at a longer timespan would result in a multi-volume book that would fill multiple library shelves.
- Rick has spent rather a long time declaring it to be a plague sent by God to purge the world of sin, and also declared vaccines to be an Antichrist plot to carry out a global genocide. Now that he is in hospital on Oxygen with COVID-19 we learn that his crazy actions really do have consequences.
Scott Lively is seeking signatures for a … “Petition Against CDC Vaccine Bullying” that he has written: “We, the undersigned citizens of the United States, speaking as representatives of the total body of Americans from whom ALL governmental authority is delegated, DEMAND that the CDC – and all those in collusion with the CDC – immediately cease and desist from all efforts to bully the American people into submitting to medical procedures that we do not want.”
- No bullying is happening and nobody is forcing those that refuse the vaccine to have it. Not having it does come with consequences as we saw with Rick Wiles (above).
- If indeed we fail to achieve herd immunity, then variants will spring up and burn through the unvaccinated population. If you do disagree then your argument is not with me, it is with evidence-based science.
The Big Lie
- I’d guess you have seen this one in the news cycle. The newest date being promised is August. The basis for their claim is the farcical “audit” being carried out in Maricopa County, Arizona, by Cyber Ninjas, a company run by stolen-election conspiracy theorists. Anybody buying into any of this has a rapidly approaching date with the brick wall of reality.
Pseudo Historian David Barton claimed this past week that Critical Race Theory teaches that “everybody needs to fight each other”
- Since it does not actually do that, then there are two options here. Either he is ignorant, or he is lying – neither option makes him look good.
- Pillows aside, Mike Lindell’s gift is that he is consistently and persistently wrong about everything. This claim from Last Thursday is more of the same content free bluster.
- Side Notes: He is currently being sued by both Dominion and Smartmatic for billions for his claim that they helped to rig the election. His counter claim is that they are involved in a conspiracy to silence him. For more details check out the analysis by the Washington Post – Mike Lindell’s ‘fraud’ allegations are even more ridiculous than you might think. There they drill down into the details of his “evidence” and reveal that it is all nonsense. Can I now paint you as “unsurprised”?
Kat Kerr reports that she has dispatched an army of 5 billion angels to pull down demonic strongholds of “wickedness, evil, cheating, stealing, lying” around the world.
- Kat’s imaginary army is quite effective against her imaginary enemy.
- [Sarcasm mode on] A “French” restaurant … (shudders) … oh the pure evil and horror.
Fools of the week – The False Profit$
The stars here are of course the religious grifters. To be wholly clear, most humans, regardless of their cultural belief or non-belief are decent. Some however deploy and leverage belief as a tool to manipulate and enrich themselves with. This section is very much dedicated to these religious fraudsters …
Greg Locke used his sermon last Sunday to rant about communists, pedophiles, and the 2020 election, which he continues to insist that Trump won.
- He does this every week. It is popular with the MAGA folks in his congregation, and so the donations pour in because he is telling them what they want to hear.
- He simply can’t let go now. Also this past week Greg rips the “prophets” who admitted they were wrong for prophesying that Trump would be reelected: “We know that he won, so that wasn’t a failed prophecy.”
- I also speak for God and I say “Nope”. If Tony disagrees, then he is “Against God”. My evidence for my claim is exactly the same as his.
Jeff Jansen prophesied that the military would remove President Joe Biden from office and reinstall former President Donald Trump by the end of April. It’s now June.
- Clearly he is in a hole and still digging. Mr Jansen continues to insist that “Trump is president” and “the fake Biden administration [is] on the way out.” No doubt he will maintain this stance for at least the next four years.
Jim Bakker will designate anyone who buys a dozen books from his ministry as a “credentialed missionary.”
- I must admit that this is indeed a rather unique missionary position. Then again, if you think Jim, a Trump fanatic, is sincere and not simply out to grift, then bend over because … (I’ll leave the rest of that thought to your imagination)
Self appointed “prophet” Johnny Enlow declared that former President Donald Trump will return to office “soon … it has to be this year,” before laughing as his wife admits, “We used to say, ‘It has to be this month.’”
- Johnny will no doubt continue to promise a second coming for his beloved messiah for many years to come.
That’s a wrap for this past week.
Will next week be any different, is it possible for all these crazy people to suddenly find some common sense?
Nope, most are too deeply invested. They can’t jump off this crazy train as it continues to roll over a cliff into an abyss. History will simply not be kind to them.