Most recognize Putin for what he really is, a brutal tyrant. However, when it comes to the US Right-Wing, all bets on that are off. Their messiah, the anointed one, Mr two Corinthians, declared Putin’s invasion to be “genius”, “wonderful” and “very savvy”. For many, the invasion is deemed a bold decisive move to help rescue the people of Ukraine from the Tyranny of democracy and freedom.
45 is not a lone voice, many have jumped on board that crazy train as well.
Nick Fuentes makes it clear: “I wish Putin was the president of America.”. This ultra-right-wing racist has indeed had his heart won by the tyrant. He does of course have options. He can always relocate to Russia so that he can live within a political paradise where Putin is President.
Evangelist Lance Wallnau declares that “it’s hard to make Putin the villain if you have all the facts,” claiming that the CIA and Hillary Clinton tried to undercut him by injecting “the LGBTQ doctrine” into Russia until Putin “clamped down, like a good dictator does.”. The ever so tiny flaw here, beyond the obvious BS claims, is that in all of human history the word “good” tends not to be a prefix for the word “dictator”. But hey, this is Lance.
Let’s also not forget that Lauren Witzke proclaimed her love for Putin and “his Christian nationalist nation”: “I identify more with Putin’s Christian values than I do with Joe Biden.”. I was writing about that in another posting earlier this week.
For more of the same, check out Tess Owen @ Vice News: where she reveals that US Extremists Have Picked a Side in Ukraine: ‘Lol Putin Is Brilliant.’
Moving on, below you will find my usual selection of some truly bizarre claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my main source, Right Wing Watch, let’s dive in.
Lauren Witzke declares that she used to believe that some vaccines were good but is now “vehemently and radically anti-vaxx”: “I’m anti-Vaxx and I wear the title with pride.”
- One can only wonder what she thinks happened to polio and smallpax.
- Being proud of her ignorance is indeed quite something.
- You might suspect she has gone “full crazy”, but that thought would be wrong. As a QAnon lady who seriously believes the world is flat and that COVID is a “Satanic Plot”, her grasp upon reality has been missing for quite some time
- That makes her an ideal GOP candidate. She ran in 2020 and lost bigly.
It takes a special Kind of Stupid
- No school, not one, teaches Critical race Theory, it is the right-wing boogeyman that does not actually exist
- Those who rant and rave against CRT, when asked, can’t tell you what it actually is
- If you ever want to know when Pastor Mark Burns is lying about something then just check his lips. If they are moving and sound is coming out, he is lying. I’m really not kidding. Basics such as his publised biography is a total fabracitation. He claimed he had a degree from a university, nope, that was a lie. He claimed he served six years in the army reserve, nope, that was a lie. Rinse and repeat. CNN exposed it all on camera – see here. He stomed out of his own church in a huff when confronted about all this. He later clamed his website had been hacked, yep another lie. Finally, he admitted his biography was indeed all fiction.
- That’s a rather astonishing degree of narcissism that he has there.
Michele Bachmann made a confident assertion earlier in the week that reports of tensions between Russia and Ukraine were “fake”
- Well gosh, that did not age all that well.
- It is very much classic Bachmann – if she said it, then you can more or less guarantee that it is wrong.
We have no reason not to blindly believe this anecdote from Laura Loomer: “Just went to ACE hardware to buy some things, and after a few conversations, the whole store is voting for me. This happens to me every single day ever since I moved districts.”
- Folks in the Store: “Oh look, its the crazy lady, just tell her what she wants to hear and she will go away”.
Dave Kubal proclaims that “to save America, Christians must get involved in politics.”
- Well gosh, Christians in Politics, that could never happen.
- The flaws here, I do hope, are blindly obvious. History is chock full of stories about a time when religion ruled. It was not a happy jolly time. Religion is vastly diverse, so when one dominates the political arena, all other variations are deemed to be heresy. Mr Kubal would not be feeling he was living in a “Saved America” if the “Christians” in politics were fanatical Catholics mandating that he must attend Catholic Mass.
- Least you wonder who Dave Kubal is, he runs “Intercessors for America”. That’s a “charity” that simply prays for the nation and so organizing this “Charity” earns him a rather large salary via donations.
Patrick Howley asserts that … “normies are programmed to consider ‘racism’ and ‘anti-Semitism’ to be the most heinous acts imaginable, even as the system carries out the targeted demonization and replacement of the white racial group while propping up the interests of Jewish financiers.”
- Google, show me this week’s winner of the “How many daft conspiracies can you cram into one sentence” competition.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene appeared in studio on “The Alex Jones Show” where she complained that people in Washington, D.C., … “treat me as if I’m some kind of crazy person.”
- “Oh Honey, its not just the folks in Washington, everybody right around the planet knows it.”
- She might indeed look like an idiot and perform like an idiot. Don’t let that facade fool you. Behind the mask she really is an idiot.
If you think appearing on the Alex Jones Show was the craziest appearance she made this past week, then you would be wrong. She also turned up as a speaker at the ever so racest America First Political Action Conference, or AFPAC. This was a conference where attendees have defended Vladimir Putin and praised Adolf Hitler.
- Her attendance was not received well by most. The exception being her Republician colleages in Congress, who have no problem with this.
Mary Papenfuss @ HuffPost: Tucker Carlson Bizarrely Bashes Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez As ‘Entitled White Lady.’
- I can only wonder if within this rather strange alternative reality, Tucker Carlson is a respected civil-rights campaigner.
Brad Reed @ Raw Story: All three Michigan GOP AG candidates attack landmark ruling that prevented the banning of contraceptives.
- It goes way beyond being “forced-birth” and takes it into a category called “As many births as possible”.
- It is perhaps also a cue for the Monty Python song … Every Sperm is Sacred
Josh Bernstein asserts that all those responsible for “stealing” the 2020 election are responsible for the crisis in Ukraine, and he hopes they all “burn in hell for eternity.”
- Apparently those responsible for “stealing” the 2020 election are also responsible, the WWI, WWII, the US Civil War, and they all personally participated in the Lincoln assissanation.
- Josh’s skill is the deployment of batshit crazy claims. It is all very much akin to a toddler throwing a tantrum simply to get attention.
The False Profit$
Jim Garlow claims that God is using the Canadian trucker convey to bring about spiritual revival: “This is the promise of God, who will still be here after Trudeau and Biden and all the other enemies of freedom have ended their times of enslaving the people whose liberty they can never permanently take.”
- It has indeed seen a revival … a revival of stupidity – no gods required.
- We can all see now how it played out. The pro-death anti-vaccine anti-mask protest in Canada faced the monopoly card – “Go directly to jail, do not pass Go and do not collect $200”.
Self-appointed prophet Johnny Enlow attempts to explain how the “illicit use of face masks” during the Super Bowl prophetically exposed President Joe Biden’s “theft” of the 2020 election.
- For a few bucks Johnny will also read meaning into a packet of chicken nuggets for you.
Statistic of the week
Quote of the week
Proper stupidity is fascinating.Ricky Gervais
Meanwhile in Ukraine
This is hilarious. Putin’s army – Out of fuel, on the side of the road, don’t really know what the plan is, where they’re going, or where they are, talking freely to random strangers that drive up… it’s really not going well for them.
It has been suggested that the Ukrainians let the tanks rush over the border, then destroyed the fuel supplies that were supposed to follow them.
While “Can I tow you back…to Russia” is a gem of a line, the No.1 line just has to be, “Russian Warship, go fuck yourself”.