By Using just two words, “The Arrest”, then you immediately know who, understand why, and also grasp what else is coming. I literally do not need to mention “he who need not be named”, nor rake over any of the details. There is no avoiding the observation that it is one of the big events of the week.
What is truly batshit crazy about it all has been the response from the right. What it reveals is the degree to which the political right has morphed into a personality cult that is now deeply offended that “dear leader” is facing the consequences for his illegal actions. Apparently the party of “Law and order” only meant that laws should be applied to just you and me, not their God-King. You might be tempted to think that there is a paragraph in some little red book that his cult devotees are required to hold close to their hearts and read on a daily basis that tells them this, but there is no need. Propaganda has gone digital, they have their high priests sacrificing truth and integrity on Fox “News” and “Truth Social” each day. There they successfully play the Pravada role by injecting “alternative facts” into the minds of cult members telling them what to think and believe.
Moving on, below you will once again find my usual selection of some truly bizarre and extreme claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my various sources, let’s dive in.
Justin Pearson, Justin Jones, and Gloria Johnson – 7 tweets
It can be argued that the Trump arrest was the defining political moment of the week, but I’d like to argue that this actually is.
Tennessee Republicans expelled two black representatives, yet the white lady who stood with them gets to stay. These Republicans are literally giving us all a realtime lesson on Critical Race Theory.
No doubt we will see Ron DeSantis making it illegal to teach what happened in Tennessee this past week.
The Cult of Trump
Anna Perez declares that she’d be willing to take a bullet for former President Donald Trump “because President Trump would take a bullet for me”: “What he’s doing is actually Christlike.”
- “Grab them by the Pussy” … just like Jesus would.
- No doubt, when he Fucked Stormy Daniels, he was fucking her for you and me, not for himself … just like Jesus would.
- His followers would indeed sacrifice their lives for him … and he in turn will also sacrifice them all to keep himself safe.
- Trump quote: “I love the poorly educated” … yes, he really did say that … or … as the old saying goes, he would not even piss on her the put the flames out if she was on fire.
Pete Santilli reacted to Trump’s arrest by calling Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg a “Black communist” who is intent on “taking down the White man”: “These Black Satanic communists have taken over.”
- Not just a “Communist” but apparently a “Black Satanic communist” … Does that imply that he be OK with a “White Christian Communist”?
- Mr Two Corinthians is once again playing the same old con by pulling religious strings to manipulate.
- “There is nothing more important than appearing to be religious,” Machiavelli in Chapter 18 of The Prince
- You know of course that his “emergency prayer call” is actually and “emergency payer call”.
Charlie Kirk is upset: “What happened to white actors in commercials? They’ve completely disappeared unless they’re portraying ridiculous caricatures of whiteness or incompetence.”
- Charlie appears to be deeply upset that he will occasionally be reminded that non-white people exist.
- It is weird to see him become a parody of himself.
- Meanwhile, a Fact Check of his “completely disappeared” claim reveals it to be BS – 72.5% were white.
Laura Witzke is also upset: “99% of colleges are anti-white institutions who serve zero purpose other than to indoctrinate white students into hating themselves. We need to start our own universities to compete against these pathetic institutions.”
- Is she actually suggesting that Bob Jones and Liberty are way too liberal?
- I don’t need to point this out, but for completeness, here you go. Her claim has zero evidence.
- I guess it kind of makes sense for somebody who is as stupid as she is to hate education.
Dan Kelly illustrates that not voting for him was the right choice
Dan Kelly, after losing the Wisconsin Supreme Court race, goes full sour grapes: “It brings me no joy to say this: I wish that in a circumstance like this, I would be able to concede to a worthy opponent. But I do not have a worthy opponent to which I can concede.“
- Nice of him to confirm that we did indeed dodge a bullet by not voting for him – No honour, no decency, no decorum. A total lack of professionalism.
- He lost to a women, as a good conservative Republican he really really hates women.
- I can only wonder if he will soon pop up to say that he has been in contact with the my pillow guy and Kari Lake and they’re gonna help him contest the results of his “stolen election”
- It turns out that this guy was not qualified for the job, only Protasiewicz was.
Homophobia on Steroids
Andrew Anglin says that … “it is impossible to imagine anything more evil than the United States. God destroyed Sodom for much less.”
- Fact Check: The destruction most probably happened in an Earthquake … no Gods required.
- Andrew’s example of “God being in Control” is a clip of lightening … again, weather is not caused by a God.
- Why does this guy hate the US? Least you wonder who he is … he is a neo-Nazi, conspiracy theorist, and editor of the website The Daily Stormer. He also does not live in the US. There is a current warrant for his arrest outstanding should he ever pop back up.
Can Ali Alexander come out with anything as weird as his various claims in recent weeks such as being like Jesus or being a time traveller. Yep, he can indeed. This week he reveals that he almost ran out of gas recently because he’s “royalty” and doesn’t fill up his own car. Also, he’s pretty sure that gas is just a “psyop”: “I’m not totally convinced that vehicles actually need gas. It might be a mental energy thing.”
- So how exactly does he think a car moves, is it perhaps driven by lots of tiny little unicorns running on hamster wheels?
- His contribution to humanity, the service Ali offers, is that by being himself he makes other stupid people look rather smart.
Anna Perez rants that Trump never incited an insurrection on Jan. 6, but even if he did, “so what?”: “We need an insurrection in this country!”
- “you’re honour — now, i’m not saying that my client did commit the drime, but if he did, wouldn’t that have been so cool?“
- The ever so tiny flaw in her claim that he did not do it is that literally millions of us watched him do it live on TV.
Since there is no whacky conspiracy theorist that Eric Metaxas won’t promote, he’s now using his radio show to promote Rima Laibow, who claims that in 2002, she treated an unnamed “head of state” who openly told her of their plan to launch a “culling of the useless eaters” to eliminate “90% of the total population of the planet.”
- In 2002 when she supposedly got this “insight”, the world population was 6.3 billion. Today, 21 years later, the world population is over 8 billion. Whoever was in charge of this cull is clearly doing a crap job.
- Meanwhile any actual evidence for her claim is … oh come now, you know … exactly zero.
- Fact Check: The claim is not only all BS, but Laibow has also knowingly scammed people using fake cures. Either Mr Metaxas and his entire team have completely lost all access to the internet … or … he is quite happy to promote stuff that he knows is pure BS. (I’m guessing you can work out the correct answer there).
HuffPo (and others): Advocates Worry New Kansas Anti-Trans Law Might Lead To Genital Inspections Of Children …
The False Profit$
Hank Kunneman used his Sunday service to hold an extended prayer service calling on God to “silence those who wish to frame President Trump”: “Though they seek to arrest President Trump, we’re declaring now that you arrest the enemy.”
- Their worship of their messiah, Donald Trump, a man who commits adultery, covets other men’s wives, tries to steal elections, killed thousands with COVID, promotes graven images of himself, and bears false witness every time he speaks, is indeed a wonder to behold. Hank’s adoration of his chosen messiah is truly an inspiration that motivates many to walk away from organised religion forever.
- Thoughts and prayers do nothing, they don’t save school shooting victims, and they will not save Donald Trump from himself.
- Hank has hitched himself to the Trump train and is quite determined to keep on riding it right over the cliff into the abyss.
Self-proclaimed “prophet” Robin Bullock apparently received a special message from God this afternoon about Trump’s arrest in New York. Somewhat surprisingly, that message contained the word “turd.”
- Quote … “Why would they go after my Trump?” … er … how about because he broke the law.
- AJ McDougall @ The Daily Beast: MTG Calls Dems a ‘Party of Pedophiles’ in Softball ‘60 Minutes’ Interview.
- Gideon Rubin @ Raw Story: Trump supporter convicted of election interference after 2016 plot to trick Hillary Clinton voters.
- Zack Beauchamp @ Vox: “Soros-backed”: The GOP’s favorite attack on the man prosecuting Trump, explained.
- Steve Benen @ The Maddow Blog: Trump’s fundraising hauls challenge the ‘crime doesn’t pay’ adage.
- Hemant Mehta @ Friendly Atheist: Before pivotal election, WI priest tells church, “do not vote” for Janet Protasiewicz.
- John Knefel @ Media Matters: Anti-civil rights activist Chris Rufo has extensive ties to Christian nationalist-led Center for Renewing America.
- Melissa Gira Grant @ The Soapbox: The Weird Religious Fervor of the Trump Faithful.
Statistic of the week
For those of you that are wondering, then here you go – Gen X are the folks born between 1965 and 1981.
Each and every week, she continues to do an excellent job in calling out the bigotry and hatred being dished out by Republicans.
Pale Blue Dot
Now this is truly excellent. The new director of Goddard Space Flight Center opts to be sworn in using a copy of Pale Blue Dot.