The “Antichrist Biden” claim is increasingly popping up these days. For example, this past week whacky conspiracy theorist and deeply religious evangelical Lance Wallnau issued a warning that the “New World Order” will inject everyone with vaccines that can do “surveillance under the skin” in order to track who has negative reactions to “Antichrist Biden.”
So yes, Biden, the guy who goes to church each and every week is the antichrist, but Mr two corinthians, the pussy-grabber-in-chief is the anointed one of God.
The previous holder of the “Antichrist” title was of course Obama. Sadly for the lunatic fringe, he failed to live up to their “predictions” by not doing antichrist things and then retired. Back in 2013, a poll revealed that 13% were sure Obama was the Antichrist. Of the 13% who were quite sure that Obama was indeed the Antichrist, 5% of them confessed that they still actually voted for him.
Let me play that back for you: There were people who willingly and happily voted for the person they sincerely believed was the Antichrist.
Roll forward to 2022, we have the latest “antichrist” who simply does not do standard antichrist stuff. Meanwhile, they all hope that the anointed one, their messiah, 45, will have a second coming. (Hot tip: the word “antichrist” is a reference to an alternative to the Messiah. Those that promote Trump as the Messiah should perhaps chew on that a bit)
Moving on, below you will find my usual selection of some truly bizarre claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary. With my usual hat tip to my main source, Right Wing Watch, let’s dive in.
- Prepare to have your jaw hit the floor on this one: His claim is that COVID-19 is not a virus at all but rather a synthesized form of snake venom that is intentionally being spread via drinking water, COVID-19 treatments, and vaccines, possibly as part of a plot by the Catholic Church to turn everyone into “a hybrid of Satan.”
- Most B movie directors would pass on this plot as being too dumb to turn into a Movie, but apparently somebody did it. Peters is pushing a new “documentary” called “Watch The Water,” that promotes this. Side note: That title is a QAnon catchphrase.
- My New Theory: Stew Peters is part of a secret research project running a national gullibility test that has just been ramped up to the next level.
Can this get any weirder?
Later in the past week Stew Peters brought right-wing anti-vaccine “expert” Stella Immanuel on to defend his satanic snake venom documentary. She did so by asserting that the world is filled with demon clones and is a lot like the movie “They Live.”
- So that’s basically a yes, indeed it can get far far weirder.
Meanwhile via Hemant Mehta @ OnlySky: we learn this: Christian evangelist Kenneth Copeland is still spreading lies about COVID.
- This past weekend he claimed it is gone and is not comeing back.
- This is the guy that claimed back in early 2020 that God told him that it would soon be over.
- He tried that again in August 2021 … it was gone forever. Unfortunately COVID just ignored him and kept going.
- I guess if he keeps banging this “It is gone now” drum, then one day he will be right, and he will no doubt claim it was a miracle that he did. Today however is not that day.
White nationalist Vincent James is also a COVID-19 conspiracy theorist: “There is no virus. It doesn’t exist. There’s nothing. It’s not there. This was a massive experiment that was done on the world’s population.”
- Close to 1 million US citizens who are now dead express a distinctly different opinion on this.
Joe Jervis reports: Famous Liar Tells NC Rally Crowd That He’s “The Most Honest Human Being That God Ever Created.”
- Oh come now, you really don’t need to click the link to find out who it is. If asked to name the biggest most famous liar in the US then only one name pops into your head.
- Yep, he really said it, they have the clip.
David Badash @ The New Civil Rights Movement: Marjorie Taylor Greene Goes on Unhinged Anti-LGBTQ Rant Warning of the End of Our ‘Sick’ Civilization.
- Marcus Flowers is running against MTG for election. Having her reveal who she actually is by saying stuff like this is really good for his campaign.
Mary Papenfuss @ HuffPost: Trump-Backed Vernon Jones Says Civil Rights Don’t Apply To Gay People Because They ‘Can Change.’
- Hands up everybody who consciously chose their sexual orientation …. anybody … anybody at all? (listens to sound of tumble weed)
- The key principle is civil rights for all, not just some – “It is not possible to be in favor of justice for some people, and not be in favor of justice for all people.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
As part of his war against Disney, Sean Feucht is vowing to strip the company of tax breaks and prevent states from investing in Disney stock: “We’re coming after them. We’re going to hammer them where it hurts.”
- The MAGA cult that rants about cancel-culture is literally attempting to cancel Disney. Good luck with that.
Andrew Torba calls on parents to remove their children from public schools and approvingly cites “Christian Recontructionalists like R. J. Rushdoony ” in doing so: … “It should come as no surprise that the Enemy is indoctrinating your children in public school. It’s been going on for a half a century. Christian Recontructionalists like R. J. Rushdoony spent decades trying to warn us what was coming and proposed the solution in the form of the homeschooling movement.”
- Torba Translator: “The Enemy” = everybody who does not hold exactly the same religious and political beliefs that he holds
- Torba Translator: “Indoctrinating” = any facts that conflict with his religious and political beliefs and inspire independent critical thinking
- Indeed yes, strive to keep the next generation isolated and ignorant. That way we can guarantee that they grow up to be just like Torba. God forbid that facts and independing thinking should dare disrupt that possibility.
Cheryl K. Chumley declares that with the confirmation of Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court, racism .. “is not an issue anymore.”
- Indeed yes, every single racist looked at her appointment and decided it was game over and immediately quit being racist.
- If you believe that, then please do reach out because I have a bridge for sale that you just might be interested in investing in.
Patrick Howley, says that when people use the terms “equity and inclusion,” what they are really saying is “they want to kill whitey and forcibly rape children.”
- With folks like Patrick, accusations are often confessions.
Also this past week, Patrick Howley is upset because there were too many Black people at the Country Music Awards: “Country music is different. It’s not Wakanda.”
- He fails to grasp that the influence of Black American musicians in the South have contributed hugely to the modern Country sound
- That lack of insight should not be a shocker, there are many many things that Patrick fails to grasp, such as decency, empathy, tolerance, and basic humanity.
James Dobson is outraged by the confirmation of Ketanji Brown Jackson: “At a moment in history when the innocence of our children is being assaulted like never before, the Biden administration and Senate put someone on the Supreme Court with an unusually bad record of protecting it. Where is America’s indignation over this?“
- I guess manfactured outrage goes with manfactured fiction.
Pastor Jackson Lahmeyer revealed that his campaign for the U.S. Senate is literally being run by Roger Stone.
- If the guy who started his career working as Richard Nixon’s dirty trickster in the 1970s is running your campaign, then what could possibly go wrong?
“Twitter needs to be destroyed,” proclaims Laura Loomer. “I hope Jack Dorsey goes to hell where he belongs.”
- Background: Twitter banned her a long time ago and she is still pissed about that.
- When first banned she chained herself to the Twitter office front door in NYC. They simply left her to it, then several hours later after being out there in the cold she had to ask the police to cut her free because she had tossed the key.
- Last year she also tried to sue CAIR-Florida for conspiring with Twitter to ban her. With zero evidence to present to the court for her conspiracy claim she ended up getting nothing but a $124K legal bill.
A small group of right-wing activists gathered outside AT&T headquarters last week to protest the removal of the One America News network from DirecTV. The leader, Bianca Gracia, apparently believes the decision violates “our free speech and our First Amendment rights.”
- Yes “that” Bianca Gracia, the one who claimed that God had appointed her to a seat in Congress, lost of Republican primary with the smallest vote, and then claimed her appointed seat had been stolen and that God was coming to get those who had stolen it.
- It would be tempting to beg the protesters to read the first amendment, but it would be pointless because you would simply lose them once you got to the word “read”.
- “Thoughts and prayers” for their loss.
Laura Loomer declares, …“I truly believe with all of my heart that the media and the Democrat Party leadership want another 9/11.”
- Translation: She does not understand why the Democrat Party Leadership are not raving xenophobic lunatics and refuse to ban entry into the US for anybody who has a Muslim heritage or simply has brown skin.
Peter Ticktin, the lawyer behind former President Donald Trump’s lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and dozens of others, told QAnon conspiracy theorist Ann Vandersteel that the lawsuit is a matter of “good versus evil.”
- Peter is actually spot on with this observation. Perhaps what he fails to grasp is who is playing for team “evil”
- I suspect you don’t need any hints to work this one out.
Media Matters: Charlie Kirk claims tall buildings make people liberal.
- He is literally claiming that a correlation is a causation
Emily Singer @ The American Independent: Tennessee Republican praises Hitler for leading a ‘life that got him in the history books.’
- Citing Hitler as your go-to example is not normally considered to be a vote winning card to play, but hey this is today’s GOP, so who the hell knows.
Nick Fuentes has been incessantly spreading pro-Putin propaganda, and it finally scored him an appearance on Russian state television last night where he accused the world of “Russophobia” for condemning the invasion of Ukraine.
- Achievement unlocked.
- For those not up to speed on their conspiracy lore, the term “New World Order” refers to the claim that there is an emerging totalitarian world government. It is a claim that dates back to the 1950s. Seventy years later, so far it is a no-show. It actually has older roots and has its origins in the idea that “they” are secretly running the show where “they” can be Freemasons, Illuminati, or Jews .
Josh Bernstein is positive that pharmaceutical companies have “assassination teams” that are killing critics, such as himself.
- Note for his Doctor: Josh’s paranoia is up a bit this week, you might wish to check that he did not palm his meds again.
The False Profit$
Refusing to admit that all his prophecies guaranteeing that former President Donald Trump would be reelected were wrong, “prophet” Hank Kunneman continues to insist that President Joe Biden is “a treasonous thief” who will be removed from office by God. How does he know? “‘Cause I’m anointed.”
- Bible says if you miss a prophesy, you’re not a prophet. It’s a one-strike policy. He desperately needs to dream up stuff to avoid that donation killer
- If I get to heaven and these televangelist grifters are there, then that’s a deal breaker, I’m out.
- Come on Hank, you can do it, just say the words ,,, “I was wrong”.
Statistic of the week
As time passes, things really will get better …
- Alan Feuer @ The New York Times: In Conference Call Before Riot, a Plea to ‘Descend on the Capitol.’
- Steve Benen @ The Maddow Blog: Voter fraud at Republican stronghold leads to light sentences.
Quote of the week
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise that half of them are stupider than thatGeorge Carlin