Actions truly do have consequences, and right now the reckoning for Rudy Giuliani is finally beginning to unfold.
Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Wandrea “Shaye” Moss were two election poll workers who had their lives utterly destroyed when Giuliani accused them of personally conspiring to commit election fraud on the basis of no evidence at all. Once Giuliani painted a target on them the MAGA mob descended.
This is now permanent, their names are forever associated by him with the utterly false election fraud claims.
The barrage was all you can imagine, graphic language, racist imagery and slurs, harassment and death threats. They feared for their lives and have been forced to flee and hide forever. They have been utterly traumatised and devastated.
Prior to the trial Rudi claimed …
“When I testify, you will get the whole story & it will be definitively clear that what I said was true.”
So now we know how that played out.
Winning $148.1 million via their 4 day defamation trial this past week against Giuliani because of his baseless claims that targeted them is indeed justice … “The damages were $100m above what the women had asked for and included nearly $16.2m and $17m in compensatory damages for Freeman and Moss respectively. It also included $20m to each woman for intentional infliction of emotional distress, and an additional $75m in punitive damages. Giuliani owes approximately $275,000 in additional legal fees.”
Others, especially the MAGA MOB and their beloved lord and saviour Mr 91-felony-counts should take note – beyond the verdict of history which will not be kind to them, actions really do have consequences.
Without any of this he is already facing financial ruin. It was not too long ago that I was reporting that he was unable to pay personal lawyer Robert Costello. With the addition of these latest cases he now faces total ruin with no way out.
Even this is all just the beginning. Coming up next year Fani Willis will strive to put Giuliani on trial along with former President Donald Trump for trying to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia. That could see him put behind bars.
Moving on, below you will once again find my usual selection of some truly bizarre and extreme claims that have popped up during the last 7 days. Each is laced with my snarky commentary.
With my usual hat tip to my various sources, let’s once again dive into this very murky pool of absurdity and stupidity.
Christian Nationalist Joshua Feuerstein, who’s running for Texas State House, wants women to know he’ll make their lives worse. That’s a distinct and unique campaign promise …
- Feuerstein will not only strive to end all birth control, he will also go after any red cups you have
The Cult of Trump
- Lady who is wearing all his stuff claiming he doesn’t want her money is indeed the essence of the con incarnate.
- What is it that convinced her that Mr Grab-Them-By-The-Pussy cared about her? — Was it the time he came for her healthcare or the time he lied about a deadly pandemic? Maybe it was the massive tax break he gave corporations and the rich which never trickled down to her. Yeah, that’s gotta be it.
One commenter asks …
When was he a Godly man?
When he cheated on his pregnant wife with a hooker?
When he cheated on his first wife with his second wife?
When he posted about grabbing women by the pussy?
When he grifted off of a kids charity?
When he did nothing when he was in charge & hundreds of thousands of people died from Covid because he told people not to believe it was real?
JFC seek help. And for the love of fuck, these people should not be allowed to make rational decisions like voting
The commenter is indeed not wrong. It is absurdity-on-steroids to suggest that Mr 91-indictments, a guy who appears to view the Ten Commandments as his own personal To-Do list, is a “Godly Man”.
Ron Filipkowski asks … Is it Ken Paxton’s intent to abuse women in Texas because he enjoys it, to help get Democrats elected in every close race in the country, to help his best pal Trump lose, or is he just sick, sadistic, corrupt and stupid?
- That’s a yes, yes, yes, and very much yes.
- For context, it’s all about his stance on this.
- … and here is the latest update, the one that reveals that despite promises of common-sense exceptions, they want no exceptions …
After his colleague was charged with sexual abuse, Texas pastor Jeremy Pfeil told his congregation that anyone who believed and spread that story would be “sniped and taken out.”
- Just like Jesus would.
- When I flagged this up, one guy popped up to tell me “You are just lying, you have taken it out of context”. I’d love him to explain what context makes it OK for a pastor to advise that some in the audience will be “sniped and taken out” because they reported an incident of sexual abuse.
Wow, as in … just wow …
The full text of the above tweet reads …
There is some nonsense going on in Caddo Parish (Shreveport), Louisiana.
Black man and white man run against each other for sheriff. Black man wins by 1 vote. He’s the first Black sheriff elected in this majority-Black parish.
There’s a recount, as you’d expect. He wins that too, again by 1 vote. The election is certified.
*After* the recount, *after* the certification, the losing white candidate sues and says there were illegal votes. There is no evidence that any illegal votes leaned one direction or another — and no *actual* evidence of even a single illegal vote being cast in the sheriff’s race.
White candidate finds a sympathetic conservative judge, who declares the election null and orders another one. Again, *after* the recount, *after* the window to challenge votes had passed.
The Black candidate appealed the judge’s ruling. The appeal was heard by a five-judge panel: 3 white judges and 2 Black judges.
Today they agreed to throw out the last election and give the white candidate another chance, 3-2. (You’ll never guess how those votes split!)
- Regarding the above: Insert rant here that basically consists of some well-known anglo-saxon phrases that also suggests that the parents of these racists were not married when they were born.
- I’m really hoping that he wins by a lot more than just one vote this time around.
Yep, it’s that time of year again
Once again it is the season where some religious people get a reminder that religious freedom applies to all and not just them.
The Satanic Temple’s display in the Iowa State Capitol is harmless. But conservatives, who don’t know the first thing about how the law works, are pretending it’s an offense to humanity.
- The deeply religious will find almost anything to be deeply offensive if it is not exactly them – For example the early Puritan settlers enacted a law that banned celebrating Christmas in 1659 and that law lasted until 1681. In fact, prior to the revolution Christmas was not really a big deal at all.
- For those unfamiliar with the Satanic Temple: They don’t actually believe in Satan, but instead are a church-state separation group that tackles the religious imposition question by rocking up and going, “Well OK then, how about this religion“. In other words they use Satanic imagery to promote civil rights, egalitarianism, religious skepticism, social justice, secularism, and the separation of church and state
- What is deeply weird is that Conservative Christians just can’t grasp that they are being trolled despite this becoming an annual thing that is evolving into a well-established tradition. They declare that they stand ready to be offended by anything that does not rigidly adhere to their narrow views every single year, and by doing so are begging to be trolled.
… and of course Ron DeSanctimonious just had to chip in …
It’s a bit confusing to hear Stew Peters declare that “our great country” was “founded under God” while simultaneously insisting that the Founders “who wrote all of our framing documents” were demonic degenerates.
- If you just stopped at “founded under God”, and cut out the rest, it still remains weird.
- The one aspect here that is truly impressive is that he has indeed successfully managed to turn cognitive dissonance into a bit of performance art
TX Sens. Cornyn & Cruz dodged questions about their state denying Kate Cox an abortion despite a fatal fetal diagnosis and health risks “I’m not a state official…I’m happy to comment on things I’m responsible for” Cornyn told me.
- As observed by one commenter: “These guys spend all fucking week talking about private colleges 2,000 miles away with a few thousand students but when their own state government tries to torture a woman it’s none of their business
The False Profit$
Christian preacher and self-appointed “prophet” Hank Kunneman says demon babies growl at him in the store.
- This grifter is simply working the crowd by making stuff up, as he usually does, to drum up more donations
- Then again … “Deformed, unfinished, sent before my time Into this breathing world, scarce half made up, And that so lamely and unfashionable That dogs bark at me as I halt by them” Richard III, Act1, Scene 1, Stanza 20
- We can perhaps also observe that babies are excellent judges of character … no demons required.
Elon’s “Freedom” (Alex Jones is back on Twitter) or as Nat Hentoff’s 1992 book summed it up beautifully, “free speech for me, but not for thee”. Here are a few reminders to pull back the curtain on this self-appoinyed “Free Speech Absolutist” …
- He is currently suing CCDL (Center for Countering Digital Hate) who releasing an evidence-based report that revealed that Twitter is a bit of a cesspit these days. In this specific example, CCDL is right, yelling that the theatre is on fire is a factual claim. It also revealed that “Free Speech” has real consequences if abused. The reason his advertisers now free is not because the CCDL report was false, but because Elon grants malicious lying lunatics like Alex Jones free reign to propagate “speech” that results in real harm without consequence.
- Let’s not forget that the above is not unique. The “Free Speech Absolist” is also currently suing Media Matters because they also revealed the hate speech that is now propagated by Twitter (No I’m not calling it X, that’s a deeply stupid bit of rebranding).
- He also promoted #BantheADL … seriously, all those opposed to the ADL tend not to be viewed by history kindly, for example the Ku Klux Klan, fascists and white supremacists
- One other observation is that limiting access to Twitter does not actually hinder “Free Speech”.