Apparently God talks back to Pat Robertson

Many folks talk to God, however, what is truly frightening is when you encounter folks who claim that God has been talking to them. One such character is the famous (or infamous) Pat Robertson.

He claims that God has been chatting to him about what will happen in 2011. So what whispers has he heard?

  • Your country is in grave peril” – Well that’s not a surprise, especially when you have lots of politicians who seriously listen to nutters such as Pat Robinson
  • In two years will come a time of reckoning.” – We normal folks have a special magic word to describe such times, that word is “Elections”. I think it would be well nigh impossible to find a single individual incapable of “predicting” that this will happen.
  • Your currency will shrink in value.” – Given the past two years and the sight of banks coming up with the crazy idea of selling mortgages to people who had no hope of ever paying them back, then packaging up those debts as AAA rated and flogging them offshore, you would need to be truly moronically stupid not to see this one coming. (The only exception being the bankers who actually thought this was a great idea)
  • Unemployment will escalate. There will be turmoil.” – Well yes, since the previous Republican administration (the theo-cons) embarked upon a campaign to inflict US power on a global basis via the military at huge expense (Trillions $), then gutted the tax revenues by giving huge tax breaks to the richest 1%, leaving nothing for the basic social needs of the other 99% of the US population, its not exactly a huge leap of logic to join up the dots here.

For all this, the word “Prediction” appears to equate to “the Bleeding obvious”, which is rather a pity in many ways. The biblical standard for prophets is 100% accuracy, and failure to meet that standard results in the prophet being stoned to death as a false prophet.

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken – Deut 12 v20-22

Given that Mr Robinson is a devoted believer, it would have been fun to watch him drag himself off into a corner and attempt to stone himself to death as a false prophet, but since all he is touting is the bleeding obvious, thats not going to happen.

When faced with individuals who claim that a supernatural entity has been speaking to them and telling them about future events … be skeptical.

If you can manage to handle it, here is a link to a site that has a video of him making these future predictions from God

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Exit mobile version