There is a rather strange article in US Today here that claims …
How is raging atheist Richard Dawkins “celebrating” World Youth Day? While Pope Benedict blesses a million youth in Madrid, Dawkins is promoting the latest event of the “Secular Europe” campaign, launched in 2008, to attack Vatican influence.
“Raging” … seriously!!! He refuses to go along with their silly supernatural claims, spells out the facts and gets labeled “Raging” for doing so.
Least you wonder, Secular Europe calls for:
- freedom of religion, freedom of conscience and freedom of speech
- women’s equality and reproductive rights
- equal rights for LGBT people in all the European Union
- a secular Europe – democratic, peaceful, open and just, immune to the clandestine influence of privileged religious (or other) organisations
- one law for all, no religious exemptions from the law
- state neutrality in matters of religion and belief
- the privileged status of the churches under Article 17 of the TFEU (Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union)
- the special status of the Vatican in the United Nations
- state-funded faith schools
- the economic privilege and political influence of the Vatican
The USA Today article goes on to ramble on in support of the Vatican by saying …
What about all the immense good — social services and health care just for starters – provided to millions by the Catholic Church?
What makes all this truly bizarre is that rampant Alzheimers has kicked in. Have they really forgotten that Benedict XVI personally orchestrated the cover-up of all the abuse, a cover-up that still continues, and that thousands of abusers are still being protected to this day.
If it was any other organization, and not a religious one, they would have been disbanded long ago.
Here is Richard Dawkins promoting the Secular Europe campaign …can anybody see any “raging” going on here, because I sure don’t